Brett Favre Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Nov 11, 2008.

1. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Who would want Matt Cassel to play for their team? I wouldn't even want him as a backup.

2. chetsjets16

chetsjets16 New Member

Who would want Matt Cassel to play for their team? I wouldn't even want him as a backup- Uberchink

Did you watch the game last night?

3. greenwhite&nogold

greenwhite&nogold New Member

I love me some Brett!

#143 greenwhite&nogold, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  4. uberchink

uberchink New Member

Yeah where he overthrew a wide open Randy Moss more than once? his last throw to Randy was great but other than that he missed a ton of throws many QB's could've made.

He would get outplayed by both Ratliff and Clemens if he came to the Jets next year.

5. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

How do you not appreciate this guy today?

6. Ray

Ray New Member

I'll just say one more thing, it's nice to see people who can appreciate how great was that performance last night. Maybe you all can because you haven't seen it consistently over the last 16 years.

Packer fan has. Probably that game last night, no big deal, Favre routinely pulls a win out, yawn. EXPECTED. Think that is why so many wanted him out, they didn't notice anymore when he did do well, they only noticed when he didn't. And true, sometimes he sucks. He is human, like all of us.

Thanks, Jet fans. :beer:

7. uberchink

uberchink New Member

yeah games like this happened all the time last year for Green Bay. the way Favre played yesterday was how he played for pretty much every game last year for the Packers.

8. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Not every game Uber - he was horrible against the bears twice, and against dallas. He wasn't "horrible" against the giants in the playoffs, but he made the bad pass at a bad time.

Packer fans are starting to realize that over time, we just started to not appreciate what Favre is. It just became expected.

Think about the games he won for us last year, regardless of how good the team was:

1. Chargers at home. Favre single handidly won that game.
    2. Vikings at the Metrodome - again Favre won that game.
    3. @Denver and @KC - Again - Brett Favre.
    4. Seattle in the playoffs - Favre won that game.

It just became so expected, that all packer fans would start doing is picking on the few times he costs us games.

Seriously, it got old. Now, it looks liek the packers are going to miss the playoffs, and the jets continue to march to the top of the pile in the AFC, and possibly to a SB birth.

9. Ray

Ray New Member

The truth is, while Favre can sometimes win you a game, sometimes he cannot.

That's why he's going to need Washington, runs a kick back. Revis, makes a critical interception. Jones, breaks a tackle. Jenkins, blows up the line. Cotch, makes a sensational catch. Keller, finding the seam. Feely, clutch kick.

In other words, some one needs to make a play besides him.

Packers had all these things when we won SB.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

thats why its a team game. But his biggest contribution is changing the culture in this organization in 3 months.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Farve may yet be making his biggest contribution to the Jets future. I'm talking about his affect on Ratliff and Clemens..

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

That's right, he may not be here for long but the lasting effect of his winning mentality may benefit the team for years to come.

13. NewestJetFan

NewestJetFan New Member

Amen. Everyone wants to do well, its only human nature but if you told Favre "I can guarantee a win but your stats will be 2 for 20 in passing with 6 picks and a fumble." Not a doubt in my mind he'd say "great, chalk up a W."

Every great athlete who puts himself on the line for all these years will have losses or wish he could pull that one back but he wins way more than he loses. Hope he plays next year, love watching the guy play QB.

14. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Speak for yourself. You do not speak for me, or most of the Packers fans I know.

The past is the past, everyone everywhere should move on. The future is not a half as bleak as either Jets or Packers darksiders make it out to be.

15. packerbacker1234

I'm not a packers darksider. I like AR. I just don't like throwing away shots at SB to have a brighter future. The packers have only 3 SB's in franchise history.

So, it's not like we just win them all the time. You do what it takes to get there, and the packers almost did so last year.

16. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

the Packers were never very likely to go to the SB this year, with or without Favre. It's hard enough to pull off period, but this year on top of that they had a tough schedule. I mean when it was announced it looked like there were only two soft game (besides Lions) on the schedule to start with, and then even one of those (Falcons) turned out to be a lot more difficult than was originally expected. True, weaker/injured Indy and Seahawks teams made up for that, but still ... it was/is a longshot no matter what.

17. 1969jets

1969jets Banned

Boy your statement looks ridiculous after the Pats game. Favre willed us to that win!

18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Brett Favre is a truely great QB who makes the entire team better on both sides of the ball...FUTURE HOF

this guy is something special...

19. packerbacker1234

Guys, I know this is getting way ahead of myself, but I had a fun deabte with a lot of packer fans today on it.

Say Favre this year, maybe next, wins a Super Bowl with the jets.

Does his number get retired both as a Jet, and a Packer?

That would be astounding.

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'm not sure the Jets would retire his number. Seems pretty unlikely.