Brett Favre Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

There is no way no how a Chad Pennington led Jets team goes into NE and wins that game last night. I love Chad Pennington but Brett Favre carried this team on his back yesterday and won the biggest game in what seems like forever for the Jets.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I agree Junc...he played an almost perfect game in a hostile environment, on the big stage, under huge pressure, here's to you Brett...you certainly delivered! :beer::jets:

3. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

You can look at this game and find a bunch of points that won the game for us. Cotchery's willing into the endzone, Leon's kickoff return, Jay Feely's winning field goal. But the plays that really won this game were the ones where Favre was about to get sacked and he just went down. It looked ugly at the time but, if he keeps doing that, we have a chance against anyone.

4. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Brett is making these LONG time consuming drives a habit and I for one LOVE it ... He did it twices last night, he did it against Buffalo with an almost 9 minutes drive and if memory serves me he also did it in another recent game ... All I can say is Thank God Favre is a member of Gang Green ...

5. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Thank you, Lord Brett of House Favre.

6. madtown

madtown New Member

Now you know why us packer fans love him

He entertained us for 16 years and what everyone loves about Brett is he wants to win and plays the game like a kid....He will throw that pick here and there but only because he never gives up on a play....He wants to win! He also is very humble....

It is awesome the Jets are back. I for one am a converted Jets fan at the beginning it was because of Brett but it has envolved into more because the entire teams plays hard and wants to win.....I still love the Packers and have some resentment, but I also enjoy rooting for the J E T S.....

7. Ray

Ray New Member

Now you see why us Packer fans just couldn't give up rooting for him, why we are now Jet fans too.

Sounds stupid, but sometimes he really is pure magic.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I love Brett Favre. Lets talk about Game-winning drives in his first 10 games with the Jets:

1. TERRIBLE game vs. Chiefs, he settles down, leads the team to game winning drive.
    2. After TERRIBLE Pick-6, Favre leads team down vs. Buffalo, wastes alot of clock.
    3. After TERRIBLE second half (Not on Favre) 2 amazing final drives, one in OT to win it.
    4. After TERRIBLE game vs. Raiders, Favre leads them all the way down to tie it, could not get win though.

4 out of 10 games Favre was able to do that.

2 games we just blew out the opponent. 56-35, 47-3.

I love Brett Favre.

9. Ray

Ray New Member

I should add too, he seems to be dealing with the Madden curse just fine, left it in GB.

10. TeriB

TeriB New Member

AMEN AND ALLALUYA! What a game! What an affirmation for Favre that he was right to come back. All the nay saying and crap he took from all those jealous, petty jerk offs, just so he could play the sport he loves, and then you see him out there enjoying a win like the kid he still is. Another great moment in his storied history.

I'm a happy, happy girl today! Jet Favre ROCKS!

[​IMG]

11. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Oh god. Here we go again. So you watched the '93 lions - Packers playoff game and remember it well, eh? This is from the guy who posted repeatedly the other week that the Packers were "a good team" when Favre joined them, even though they'd just come off of consecutive losing seasons and hadn't been to the playoff s in over a decade! Very selective memory you claim to have, dude :rolleyes:

I see we're back once again to these sweeping statements that seemed to be coming from impressions and not facts. Or stats and not true first hand knowledge. Or just plain downright ignorance of how things work, how to interpret things.

From the "coming from impressions and not facts" department: The Brett Favre led Green Bay Packers are 3-5 in postseason games this decade. Not jumping-for-joy-great, but not Dallas Cowboys or Minnesota Vikings futility level either.

From the "stats and not true first hand knowledge" department: Take at least one of those loses, the divisional round against Philly the year Favre's dad died (2004?). You could make a more-than-reasonable argument that your defense should have been able to stop the Eagels from converting a 4th and 26. They do that and we're looking at a 4-4 record. And of course there is another loss that was OT last year, which everyone knows about, but maybe they don't know the Green Bay running game produced something like 34 total years, and the play of the GB cornerbacks was pretty bad (atypically). When 2 of your 5 losses are OT losses, did you really get beat by all that much, can it really be said that you were awful?

From the "just plain downright ignorance of how things work, how to interpret things" department: Stop writing for one second and think. I mean think, don't just pretend to for two seconds, then hit reply. For every game that there is a winner, there is a loser. Ergo the overall net record of playoff teams is .500 Now the Superbowl winner will by definition go 3-0, or 4-0. The only other possible way to get a winning record in the postseason each year, without winning the superbowl) is to either be a lower seed that year and go at least to the championship game, or to be a top two seed and go to the superbowl. That is a mathematical fact. All other teams do not having winning postseason records, that is the typical result.

So if I can translate the meaning of what you are saying: Favre sucks because he does not get to the Superbowl the large majority of times he gets into the playoffs. Because as I have shown, it's very very difficult to have a > .500 record in postseason without doing that, and only winning at least one of their two OT losses separate this decades Packers from a .500 postseason record. So, my reply to you: How much freaking closer can you get to doing well in the postseason than what Favre/Packers have done, without playing in Superbowls?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#131 puddnhead, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  12. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Gotta love Brett, last night was an amazing performance and he showed why he is considered a warrior.

13. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

Shhhhhhhhhh!! Lets not talk about that yet. We still have 6 games left.

14. uberchink

uberchink New Member

good points

15. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

THANK YOU BRETT......THANK YOU !!!

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yes I do remember the Lions-Packers WC game, it was a Saturday game on ABC and favre ended it w/ the bomb to Shapre. I will not comment further for a few days. I am not in the modd to discuss this right now.

17. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Trust me: Packer fans are really reeling right now. Brett is showing he still has it what it takes, and AR's inconsistentcy is completely destroying the packers "potent" offense. There is no doubt that this year with Favre, the packers would be serious playoff/superbowl contendors, and now without him we'll struggle all season to get to .500

Seriously TT, was it worth it? AR could still turn into a total bust, and you had to lock him up for 4 seasons? A couple good games isn't enough. I don't care about his td - int ration, packer fans care about wins. THat is what Favre always was able to produce, victories. ANd now, were watching him do it again for another team.

I am more thankful favre was able to get out of GB: It was clear management hasn't wanted him for years, and now a franchise that does want him has him, appreciates having him, and he is now producing in big games for said franchise. Not only that, it is fairly obvious in the offseason, no matter what the jets do in the playoffs, that management will be pushing hard for Favre to come back for one more run.

I think the jubilation from favre in this game was just how much he surprised himself. It was like the last game of the year 2 seasons ago: It's was a confirmation game to him that you know what: I really still can play this game at the top level. This was just another game confirming to him he made the right choice to come back. The man just knows how to win football games. Coaching staff, start taking notes.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

By the way, show me my posts when I calle dthe pckers a good team when Brett joined them? I hate when people make things up!

19. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Brett Favre is the MAN without him we get the L.................:beer:

20. chetsjets16

chetsjets16 New Member

Brett Favre is great and the best QB in the AFC East but, i want to look into the future a little bit. Next year should we:
    1. Sign Matt Cassel as a free agent to back up Favre if he stays and start if he retires. I think this is really interesting, especially because of the Jets Pats rivalry and the fact he had one of the best games i have ever seen last night.
    2. Draft a franchise QB with our first pick (we may have to trade up because i do not see bradford or stafford lasting until the mid to late 20's) and have him play a year behind Favre.
    3. Do nothing and wait for next years draft--McCoy, who I think is going to be a GREAT NFL qb