Why must this team give me a heart attack

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfan987, Nov 14, 2008.

1. jetfan987

jetfan987 Member

You know after the Rams win, for one second I thought this team might have learned how to handly beat an opponent and close out a game. Seriously that game even got a bit boring in the 2nd half, I thought I was watching a different club.

But oh no I was wrong, they do it again.

I tell you this team.. I can barely manage.

Such a huge win. If they lose it would be like the spike game sending them into a multi-year tailspin, they win they are in 1st place and currently have the tie breaker over every team in the division with home games against Buff and Miami.

I know I should be happy but these things really burned me.

1. The last drive by the pats was a joke. please the prevent defense. I know protect the sidelines and the long ball, but we gift wrapped that last drive. The Pats would have had 2 shots in the end zone, unfortuantely they only needed one.
    2. The whole second half they only rushed 3 or 4. You have to put pressure on the QB
    3. They jets never adjsuted to Cassell running down the middle of the field. Everytime Faulk would come out of the backfield and drag Barton to the sideline, Cassell would run up the middle for 15
    4. On the Jets last drive in regulation, all they needed was a 1st and the game was over. NE had everyone on the line of scrimmage and so did the jets. They should have spread out the field, given Jones some room to run or what I would have done is throw a high percentage pass to coles or cotch. Worst case they drop it and the Pats get an extra 40 secs on the clock. Yes I know 40 seconds is a lot, but if your going to play prevent defense 1:20 is plenty of time to get into the end zone, so to me the extra 40 seconds is less risk than trying a high percentage pass with sure handed receivers and a HOF QB. With 1:20 left your most likely not going to run out the clock but lose on a turnover or downs.

All that said Brett, Dustin and Feeley came in to save the day.

Did you guys get a load of Collinsworth last night. Could he be more of a Jets hater. Granted the Pats have owned the Jets for a long time and everyone else in the league for that matter, but they have made vast improvements over the last 4 games.

2. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It's the Jets.

It has been this way for decades.

3. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

So true, but at the end of the day I love following them

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I agree, and have been there for over 20 years.

5. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

The Pats wouldn't have had 2 shots in the end zone. It was 4th down.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's the deal, love it or leave it. I've been through so many of these I should be wearing triple pacemakers as backups.

7. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

The NFL couldn't have scripted it better, and the advertising revenue was well earned.

8. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I have a confession to make...I didn't watch the game live. I just couldn't take it. Losing another game to the Pats would have been just more than I could handle. I was following online and went to bed when it was 17-6 telling myself that whatever happens, it's not going to get much better than this. I Tivo'd the game so I watched the whole thing early this morning.

I shit you not when I say I would have been livid watching the Jets squander an 18 pt. lead and letting the Pats tie it on the last play of regulation. If this one had got away it probably would have been in the top 5 most excruciating losses in franchise history.

9. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

This is so funny. I think every team has fans who think about their team that way, that they are somehow unusual this way.

I think every Favre Packer transplant here can probably tell you all about the term "Cardiac Pack." It's been around since even before Favre (Majikowski at least), but Favre has taken it to new heights. It's almost a cliche that "with Favre in the game you're always have a chance to win ... both if he plays for you, and if he plays against you." I don't think anyone can say Favre was the factor to create that situation yesterday, but that just sorta proves my point that this is a common POV, it is not unique to Favre, it is not unique to Jets, it's not unique to any player or any team.

If you think the first half season for the 2008 Jets are "heart attack" material ... you should go back and read some game summaries of the 2007 Packers. Even though they went 8-0, half those games you just had to think to yourself after wards, "how the h#!! did we manage to win that?" Everyone was kvetching about the complete and total absence of the run game, how everything was riding on Favre's arm (and he's so old, oh my, won't that arm drop off?). But somehow even in a couple games that even Favre was fairly bad, they somehow won.

I'm saying this quite honestly, if you cannot handle the first 10 games of the 2008 Jets, you undoubtedly would have had to hung yourself from the closest lamppost after watching the first 10 games of the 2007 Packers. And many previous editions. Heck the 2003 and 2004 Packers started 3-4 and 1-4 respectively, looking downright awful at times, before finally putting it together and winning the division with 10-6 records each year.

It's not normal to be the 2007 Patriots and blow every game out, I hope you realize. This is almost never Yankees vs. Royals. This is normal for the NFL.

10. TeriB

TeriB New Member

Lol, add Favre to that, and you've got a massive coronary. Favre's been doing this to me 17 yrs. Win or Lose, it's never a dull moment.
    :jets:

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

All you had was a heart attack? I had 3 strokes and a heart attack.

12. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Being a Jets fan is like having a really serious girlfriend and then you get in a big fight with her and break up with her. Then you see her a few weeks later and realize that the flame is still there and you get back together.

Then you break up again. Then you get back together again. You leave the house and find a new place. Then you move right back in. You get married. Then you get divorced. Then you get re-married. You tell yourself that you are going to leave this time and never go back because it's just too painful. But you can't help yourself . . .

At least it's not boring.