Brett Favre Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Nov 11, 2008.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Chad has played better individually and he has improved his team alot more than Favre has. You keep pointing to TDs but most of that production was from 1 game and you fail to mention all the TOs and how Favre has held us back. W/ better QB play this year we easily are 7-2 or 8-1. AGAIN, that doesn't mean Favre won't get better and this move won't work out but so far he has been a disappointment and has been carried by the talent around him.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

What the?! Who gives a rat's ass what Penny has done individually!! this is a team sport, junc. I told you i don't give a shit about individual statistics (you keep eluding to them, which means you have NO argument)...i care about wins and losses. And right now..the Jets have more than the Dolphins.

How can Favre be a disappointment??!!! we're 6-3 and we have a share of 1st place!!

you seriously are clueless. You should really get Chad's nuts surgically detached from your chin...

3. nyjunc

He has elevated a 1 win team to 5 wins midway through. That team would have won about 2 or 3 at this points instead of 5, w/o Fvare we would have won AT LEAST 6. SO FAR Favre has been along for the ride nto the reason we are better, Chad is the biggest reason Miami is better and it's asinine to have an appreciation thread for Favre when he hasn't really done anything for us yet.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Just Favre's coming here and allowing the team to get rid of Chadwick makes him a hero in my book. Everything else he adds is all upside.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

seriously...you're out of your fucking mind. You should be promoted to Raiderjeaux status with the horseshit you just spewed into this thread.

6. nyjunc

:rofl: Please stop. To the eductaed football fan not blinded by their love of Favre it's very clear to see. Go check any non-Jet or packer boars get get some objective opinions on Favre and let me know what you find.

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Like Phins.com?

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You are just flat out full of crap. You are with your thoughts on Jeter and you are with your thoughts on Pennington. Pennington had the Jets at 4-12 last year. (obviously he lost his job in the process and Clemens finished his mess) Do I need to tell you what the record is now?

9. k0kes

k0kes New Member

I agree that QB'ing is more than numbers. Chad has certainly made an impact on Miami. I'm just shocked that you cannot see that Favre has made a huge impact on the Jets. His numbers may not be great, but everyone is having fun out there. He has lightened up the mood, made things fun, and everyone on the Jets team loves playing with him. He has made a HUGE impact as well. I'm not gonna argue whether you think that they'd be 6-2 or 7-1 with Chad cause frankly its impossible to prove and I really don't care. It is also shocking to me that you still believe that the Fins offense is centered around Penny. It is clearly centered around Brown. You like to talk offensive production, well how many TD's have been scored w/ Ronnie behind center instead of Chad? There were two last week, and I assume quite a few more, especially in the Patriots game? Shouldn't these be discounted from Penny's offensive production this year, much as if Clemens was sharing time with Favre and orchestrated some TD's? Cause I KNOW that you would "throw out" those garbage Clemens points if there were any.

10. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

Don't even bring up who's been slobbering over who haha you defend Pennignton as if you were his wife or something. You said it yourself stats don't matter if I remember correctly in one thread and you are talking about how penny has better passer rating, yards, etc and don't even deny that. All that matters is WINS! Watch when the Jets beat NE this week then you'll shut up for good because the Jets will go on to win the rest of their games! Mark my words the Jets will go undefeated if they get a win in NE and Ten...100% sure of that too.

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

The way i like to evaluate Favre is this- Pretend Favre has never played a down in the NFL before he came to the Jets this year. Look at how he's played and the throws he has made. Forget what he has done in Green Bay, that means nothing. So far he has been an average QB for us. Nothing great but nothing terrible.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So... Pennington has elevated the Phins from 1 win to 5 at the mid-season, and Favre has only... elevated a 4-win team to a tie for the lead in the division at mid-season? Neither of those arguments is that cut and dry.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Favre has already thrown more TD's this season...than the entire Jets QB roster did all of last season.

Yeah...Penny's the man :rolleyes:

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

there is no non bias when it comes to favre. people either love the guy or hate him. you seem to be the latter. i know i know your just being objective. but give it a rest sometimes.

15. Fusion2006

Fusion2006 New Member

I can't stand arguments like this. Honestly man, tell me how you know 100% that we would have AT LEAST 6 wins? Based on what?

I HATE "if" arguments. Because you can't be proven wrong. But the point is thta you can't prove your right either. I really want to know what your "AT LEAST 6" wins is based on.

You finished 4-12 last year. You are now 6-3. And yet you are still obsessed with Chad.

If you have Chad Pennington, the other team stuffs the run. Favre keeps the other team honest because they actually fear his arm. Plus he brings creditibility. You think people would have been talking about Jets playoffs before this season with Pennington? The players started believing. I believe. I have no doubt Favre is capable at any game to throw 4 TD's and dominate the other team.

Honestly man get off Chad's nuts. WHO CARES. Focus on us. Focus on the Jets. Stop looking into the "glorious" past (when we never won anything of significance). You have a 6-3 record and tomorrow your playing the Pats for first place in the division. Enjoy the ride, stop even mentioning Chad. You have a QB that any time could go off and single handly win you the game. Get excited.

:finssuck:

16. nyjunc

Have you watcehd football long? Please explain how Chad was the reason we were 4-12? and also explain to me why Favre is the reason we are 6-3? This should be very entertaining to read your response.

I cannot see a huge impact w/ Favre on the Jets b/c he has not made a huige impact. of course he's had an impact, he's a legendary player and I'm sure some of his attitude has rubbed off but it's very difficult to see what kind of impact he has had. We can speculate on what type of impact he has had in the locker room but we don't know.

Players generally have fun when they are winning, last year wasn't fun, a few years ago when GB was 4-12 I'm sure the packers weren't having fun.

It doesn't matter who the dolphins O is cenetered around, it was cenetreed around brown last year(and they had a good WR in Chabers) and they started 0-7 w/ Brown in the lineup.

Brown is not sharing time w/ Chad at QB. He lines up there a couple of times a game just like we have done w/ Brad Smith.

The probelm is it isn't a black and white thing when looking at the wins and losses. Yes Favre has led us to more wins BUT he has a MUCH better team around him. Look at it this way, the Jets this year w/o favre and w/ Chad would be 6-3 at the absolutel worst(I think 7-2 but we'll say 6-3) while Miami w/ the QBs they had pre-Chad would have won about 2 or 3 at this point. That is the better way to measure their impact than just throwing out records when we have a MUCH more talented team and have played a weaker sched.

You are 100% correct and if Chad played like we wouldn't see Chad appreciation threads we'd see cut Chad threads.

We were going to win around 10 games before the Favre trade, Miami was likely to be around a 5-6 win team pre-Chad signing. Both teams improved in the offseason but I think we'd all agree if you compare the talent we easily come out on top and one of gthe few areas you'd give Miami an edge(RB) our RBs have outplayed Ricky & Ronnie by a mile.

it's just amazing how everything is black and white to you. You mention his TDs but what about his INTs? Favre has 12 INTs in 282 attempts, last year as bad as Chad and Clemens played they had 19 in 510 attempts.

The probelm w/ that theory is that I LIKE Brett Favre and I always have. That doesn't mean I cannot be objective. I liked him in GB, I like him as a Jet but he hasn't been very good for us YET. I expect it but it hasn't happened YET.

Based on all the improvements we made around the QB, based on Chad knowing the O so our O wouldn't have struggled early which cost us the NE game and Oak game, based on watching football for 25+ years.

I am not obsessed w/ Chad. I did not bring up Chad in this thread, it was the Favre lovers who did that.

If we have Chad the other teams stuff the run? Then how did Curtis Martin have his best season w/ Chad and lead the NFL in rushing?

Have you followed the Jets at all? You're damn right they were talking playoffs heading into trainingcamp. You act like we haven't seen the postseason in 20 years. We were there just 2 years ago, we have been an every other year team. Playoffs were the expectations pre-Favre trade and do you think Miami was talking playoffs before they got Chad?

Again I didn't bring up Chad so thanks for the advice but give that advice to the Favre lovers who start Favre appreciation threads when the man has done very little so far to help our team.

I am rooting for Favre, I want to see him play well. I have been very satisfied w/ his play the last 2 weeks(outside of the INT at Buf), it is others fellating Favre as if he is in MVP form and has carried this "awful" team to great heights. I just want the man to earn some of this slobbering, he earned it in GB but he hasn't earned it here yet.

17. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Enough about chad. Hopefully tonight, Favre shuts up all Chad talk for good.

18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Sorry Junc but just from the excitement stand point I couldn't take watching Chad throw 2 completions and it being 3rd and 4...at least now the games are watchable...I rooted for Chad as a Jet, but now he's on the team I hate more than anybody and he's the enemy...let's beat the Pats tonight :jets::finssuck:

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You're kidding, right? For the same reason you profess he has made Miami 5-6. You seem to think that the QB is the only player on that team.

20. nyjunc

OTHERS brought up Chad after you started this silly thread b/c yopu are a Favre fan. What exactly should we appreciate that he has done so far? The 6 TD game? ok, what else? Favre is way down on the list why we are 6-3 and so much better than last year.

Can you translate that to English?