Brett Favre Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Todd or Kerry?.....lol. Not sure Todd would help us much. Not sure Kerry would either for that matter.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

How would we have gotten killed by Arizona? We had SIX TO's in the 2nd qtr! Favre did a great job finishing off drives but we would have been scoring a that pace regardless. So if you think we lose to Ari b/c Chad lost to them w/ Miami then you would say we'd have beaten NE and SD? So there we have it you say we'd be at least 7-2- thanks for agreeing!

3. Phear

Phear New Member

yeah teams not playing 8 in the box every play has nothing to do with the year jones is having, and them not playing 8 in the box has nothing to do with whos behind center now, right?

4. nyjunc

Did Curtis martin lead the NFL in rushing w/ Chad as his QB? No opponent is fearing our passing game right now, they want us to pass. Our run game has been great and getting better thanks to the revamped OL coming together. In the lone great passing game we had this year Leon & Jones rushed 25 times for 72 yds(2.9 YPC). Why couldn't we run in that game w/ such a prolific passing attack?

5. Don

Huh? That was with Favre, not Pennington. That is the point. Pennington put up 10 whole points against them and threw for 112 yards.

6. nyjunc

You said we would have lost to Arizona w/ Chad b/c he lost to them w/ Miami so again you must be saying we'd ahve beaten NE and SD since Chad beat NE and SD w/ Miami. Which is it?

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

8. Don

I'm saying what the guys that get paid to say it are saying. We would have a worse record with Pennington. Period. Not to mention that there isn't even any surety that he would be the QB and not Clemens. So get over it.

9. k0kes

k0kes New Member

I guess for starters I'm confused by this because you very clearly said "Chad is playing really well". I guess if this is "not bringing Chad up" the I am sorry. Really? I mean seriously? How can you say he's playing "very well" when he threw one TD and had a pick 6 and was involved in no other offensive points. He just watched. By this logic is Henne doing really well? I mean he watched Ronnie Brown play QB too. Come to think of it, so did I! I am playing really well! I can't wait to tell me mom, she will be so proud.

Please just stop with the Chad is playing "really well". He's playing smart game managing football, that is it. Nothing spectacular.

#49 k0kes, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  10. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever New Member

You need to resist the temptation to compare Favre to Chad all the time, no matter how many times you may be baited.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I am behind Farve all the way. I am not going to over state his contribution. But he has played like a warrior - for better and worse.

However, I disagree with the people saying he reason GB is suffering is his departure. I watched GB's last two games and they have a lot bigger problems then the QB position. Heck, if Packer fans are going to complain about the QB position then they have been away from rock bottom for far to long. Your QB ain't your problem.

And honesty, you are a week to early on the appreciation thread. If he leads us to a win on thursday then we all come in and sign the "I love Brett Farve" thread. But that has not happened yet.

#51 ouchy, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  12. Phear

Phear New Member

lol your man love for chad really makes you seem so ignorant. we ran poor in 1 game and that means what? maybe the cards were playing to stop the run and we cut them up through the air because of it. the fact of the matter is with chad behind center, the other team plays 8 in the box 90% of the time, you can't do that with favre because of what hes capable of. there for it's easier for a running back to get yardage with less people up in the box no? it's just common sense.

13. nyjunc

Who is saying that? I haven't seen anyone say we'd be worse than 6-3 w/ Chad.

I apologize, I forget that 1 game trumps the rest of the season which is why favre is having a great year even though he played only one great game and why Chad is now having a bad year b/c he played poorly last Sunday.:rolleyes:

all-time I lose that argument but for THIS YEAR Chad has been better.

I love the weak replies. Your argument is it's all Favre why we are running well, I show you Favre at his best and we ran poorly but that gets brushed to the side. Waht means more was Chad playing behind a weak OL last year that no QB or RB could succeed behind .

We aren't running well b/c teams are scared of Favre. You don't think teams played 8 in the box in 2004 when Curtis led the NFL in rushing? You don't think opponents are doing that to Miami now? We are running well b/c A)our OL is light years better than a year ago and B)Thomas Jones is compeltely healthy which he wasn't last year. Why has leon Washington's YPC gone down w/ Favre? It only counts w/ Thomas Jones?

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this thread is to appreciate him and him only.

Why are we debating again?!?!?!?!?!?

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Chad appreciation thread from 06 got lost in the board crash.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

:lol: Ahhhh junc...still humping Chad's leg i see.

Listen fellas...there's no use arguing the "Pennington vs. Favre" comparison (especially with NyJunc..because he'll step over his own mother before he admits that Penny is a shittier QB than Favre)....it's a moot point anyways. Pennington plays for a divisional rival..and we have upgraded to one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. There's no use speculating what are record would be if Penny was still our QB...because it's nothing more than somebody's sick fantasy now.....Those are the facts.

case closed.

EDIT: And to stay with the thread topic....Brett Favre rules...and i'm thankful he's slingin' the rock for the Jets....let's hope he comes back for another season :)

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Todd, I often speculate what are record would be if we stole him from the Redskins after last year. 7 and 2 don't you think?

18. k0kes

k0kes New Member

Man, how many times do I have to agree with you that Favre is not playing "very well". I've agreed with you time and time again that Favre needs to play better. I am ONLY trying to get you to realize that Penny is not playing "very well" either. And I'm not trying to compare him to Favre. I'm comparing him to ALL other QB's in the league. He's just plainly not one of the best QB's this year. He wasn't before this last week, and he certainly hasn't climbed up into those ranks with his performance against the SeaChickens.

19. nyjunc

I didn't bring up Chad, the favre lovers did and there's no debate all time but this year Chad is better and any OBJECTIVE football fan can see that.

He is though, the QB position is about more than #s. Chad has had a huge impact on Miami. They'd probably have 2-3 wins if they didn't get him. I don't know what it will take for you to realize he has been really good this year.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Better at what, junc?

our record is better than Miami's....Favre has thrown more TD's....and we've beaten Miami once already this season. And the best part is..Favre doesn't rely on the Wildcat offense to disguise his poor QB skills...like your weak-armed hero.

so i ask you...what is Penny better at?

and don't throw useless stats my way....because all i care about is wins/losses.