Brett Favre Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

junc says we'd have a better record with........CHAD. I SAID IT! I SAID IT!

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Thomas Jones says thank you for the 1 less man he had waiting in the box this season. ;)

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

[​IMG]

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

What has he meant to the mentality? You act like we were an awful team for 20 years, we are 1 year removed from being a playoff team. Wait until he does something important for us before we have an appreciation thread.

5. nyjunc

I'm not going to get into it again, Chad is playing really well, we are starting to play well. I'm happy the direction we are going in but Favre isn't the reason.

6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Part of the reason?

7. nyjunc

I don't think Favre has made much of a difference YET, I EXPECT he will but so far he hasn't. he's made things more exciting but as far as winning he hasn't been a difference maker YET.

8. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

Please No more Favre vs chad crap again haha I'm tired of arguing that crap. Just ignore everyone junc we all know your opinion and we accept it(sorta). Just let everyone think what they want it's better for everyone. You know what I think and we can go back and forth but lets put it to rest it's not going to change anyones opinion.

9. k0kes

k0kes New Member

Yeah Chad looked great this week. He threw a beautiful pass off a flea-flicker. He then got to watch ronnie brown hand the ball off to Ricky Williams for a 51 yard TD. He then threw a pick six :smile:. He then got to watch Ronnie Brown take a direct snap for TD. I know QB's should get credit for "handing the ball off" for rushing TD's, but how much credit do they get for "watching someone else do their job" for rushing TD's? I'm guessing junc will say alot since it helps Penny :smile:

10. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

No more bashing of either qb got it?!! it tearing us apart!!!.....the only time i want to here the favre vs chad thing is week 17. That's when we will compare the 2 teams and qbs! but as of now NO MORE!

11. Determination#4

Determination#4 New Member

The OP is dead on about what Brett brings to the Jets. You can't measure all the important intangibles just by stats. There are many reasons the Jet's are winning right now but anyone who want's to take away the motivational attitude that Brett brings to the locker room.....just doesn't understand the bigger picture !!!

GO Brett !!!!

12. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Exactly. Even the defense loves this guy. Gotta love the guy when the media is talking to Brett about the offense and how if they need to open it up again for him because the run game is stopped, how they can do it better... and then Brett goes off about how he's not worried because he doesn't have to face Kris Jenkins.

Intangibles can never be measured. Why? It's hypothetical. Would this team be 6-3 with chad? No one no's, but one TD pass a game, or even the threat of more then one a game, was not going to help this run game. And, that is what most experts point to. Chad's play style would not open the run game the way Brett's does.

Again though, no use debating the age old debate. I do it enough with packer fans with AR verse Favre.

13. Phear

Phear New Member

if favre is not the qb i dont think thomas jones is leading the afc in rushing this season.

14. Phear

Phear New Member

so i think hes made somewhat of a difference if you're judging it on more than just qb stats.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

What football are you watching?

Favre behind the center immediately means TJ will benefit - he didn't have that last year with Pennington behind the center, constantly having to wade through the piles of 8-man front. No?

16. nyjunc

You are the onw who needs to be ignored, I didn't bring up Chad. You slobber all over favre and he has done very little for us so far.

Did you see that pass into double coverage? He has to play perfect every week? Only favre is allowed to throw INTs? It's ok for Favre to watch his teammates carry him to victory Sunday but not for Chad?

I wasn't turning this into a Brett vs. Chad debate, I didn't even bring Chad up- just remember that.

How did we win when he wasn't here? and we were winning w/o the defensive play we are getting this year. Was Brett getting credit for that because his aura spread from Wisconsin?

Teams WANT Favre to throw b/c when he does bad things are happening. I think Jones would have MORE yards b/c we would have run it more.

Yep, it was Chad under C the reason Jones struggled last year. It had nothing to do w/ our pitiful OL:rolleyes: I never realized how amazing Brett was, I heard he can heal the sick w/ one touch to the forehead! How in the World anyone can watch this team play this year and think Brett is the difference is beyond me.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The question was asked on one of the ESPN shows last night, would the Jets still be 6-3 with Pennington instead of Favre at QB and the answer was a resounding NOOOOOOO.

18. nyjunc

That is true, we'd be 7-2 or 8-1. Don't listen to "experts", they barely watch the games. they watch just enough to have a limited idea of what is going on. Remember when we played SD and in the Booth Tirico said David Barrett showed corner skills on the INT and that he was once a corner w/ Arizona? He had been a corner w/ us for years until about a month before that game. That's basic stuff these guys don't know b/c they don't pay attention enough.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Only you would see it that way. The actual answer was that they would probably be at or under .500. Now you may not agree but at least those people get paid for their opinions.

Obviously, we would have gotten killed by AZ just as Miami did with Pennington and that is just for starters.

#39 Don, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

This team would be 6 and 3 or better with Todd Collins at QB. We still wouldn't be going anywhere in the playoffs.