Brett Favre Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Nov 11, 2008.

1. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

I know his numbers are "average". But as a newly found jets fan, and Favre lover, I am really glad to see the jets at 6-3 with a huge game this week and next, while my packers are struggling due to inconsistent QB play. No longer is the run game working like clock work due to the threat at QB, and Rodgers just can't get rid of the ball quick enough against good pass rushes.

Meanwhile - Favre is at the head of 6-3 monster. Running game just keeps getting better and better, Favre is slowly but surely getting better as the system starts to sink in, and that defense went from inconsistent to "now what!".

I really am starting to appreciate what Favre is. Guys, he's a winner. He brought a winning attitude to your organization, and took the winning attitude away from GB. This year, most fans were going to be happy iwth a 8-8 campaign in GB. I am of the mind that if your not in the playoffs, the year was mostly a waste.

I am happy #4 is on a team that not just wants him, appreciates him, and can build confidence off his leadership. As was said in three interviews I just read, the best thing #4 has done for the entire jets team is bring in the expectation that you are going to win every game you step on the field. Wether #4 is leading a game winning TD drive to make up for turnover problems, or winging it deep and opening up the rushing attack. He is a winner. I am love seeing guys like Favre, Collins, and Warner all having successful years in different ways because of the leadership they bring to the team.

Guys, I didn't think I could ever appreciate #4 more then I did, but each week I watch him play for the jets, and watch my packers play, it's just an all new level of respect for what Brett Favre is.

2. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Hey packerbacker, I love me some Favre too, but let's be honest, he didn't exactly will this team to 6-3.

I've been thinking a lot about this statement and I stand behind it. If I could go back in time and choose only ONE of the two scenarios, Pennington/Jenkins or Favre/Robertson, I'd go with Jenkins every time.

Much love to Brett, but aside from Randy Moss, Kris Jenkins is the trade of the young millennium.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I love seeing Brett in a Jets uniform as much as anyone, but I wouldn't exactly place this season's success so far in his hands.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I love Brett Favre.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I love Favre for his attitude on the sidelines as much as his laser, rocket arm.

THe guy loves to play and win and wears his emotions on his sleeve. He makes big plays both for and against us. Love it or hate it, he makes football exciting.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Me too, always have. I even semi-followed Green Bay when he was there because he's my favorite QB ever.
    -----------------

As for the Jenkins/Favre argument, it's apples and oranges to me. Jenkins is by far more significant to us physically. He completely legitimized the 3-4 for us. That said, Favre has brought a totally different attitude to this team. No matter what, we always seem like we have a shot to win every game. Favre brings that.

7. NYJets4EverOnTop

People can talk all they want about how Favre has had a mediocre first half and that he's not the reason the Jets are 6-3. Personally, I agree he has not had a great season. But lets not forget what he brings to the table that has MOST CERTAINLY benefited this team. Besides for his leadership on the field and in the locker room, just the threat of him being able to throw the ball downfield opens things up for us. Yes he's made plenty of bad plays and mistakes trying to do too much. One thing he has done for sure though is put the thought in the back of opposing Def. Coordinators' minds is that we could through the deep ball at any moment. That is not something to overlook considering the QB's we've had over the past decade.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

This thread is a heartbeat away from spiraling into yet another 15-20 page discussion about Favre and some other douchebag quarterback.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Leave Joe Thisemann out of this.

10. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yes, a very short heartbeat . . .

11. NYJets4EverOnTop

I just heard John McCain hit the floor, let the games begin.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i love having favre on the team. i think he brings a lot to the locker room. everyone always talks about how he who i will not name in this thread had great intangibles. i think favre has all those as well as having the experience of being a championship qb.

maybe i was expecting way to much from favre, but i would be lying if i said i wasn't a little disappointed with his overall performance so far. that being said i will never second guess trading for him even if the jets dont win another game this year. he has brought a different level of excitement to this team with his presence alone.

and here is to favre picking apart the pats and the titans in the coming games!!!

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Favre has done a better job fitting in than I thought he would when the prospect of getting him first came up. He's been humble and a team first player, which was my initial concern, considering we heard he didn't want to come here. Said FU to us, as someone put it.

14. Ray

Ray New Member

I'm still really pissed that Packers got rid of Favre, and more pissed after watching the pathetic showing against the Queens. Note to all who play the Packers, just blitz AR, he can't deal with it. Favre would have made them pay big time, if they tried that.

I don't think Favre can win games alone, every one is right that the Jet organization has done their best to put a TEAM together. Something Teddy boy should have been doing, funny how his team looks lost this year.

So now, am glad Favre is on the Jets, bacause they have a better TEAM than the Packers, thus a better shot at doing damage in the playoffs.

#4 needs another ring. And so do the NY Jets :jets:

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

As with anything, consider the source. :wink:

16. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Favre's been doing a wonderful job handing the ball to TJ.

17. packerbacker1234

I concur, as the season wears on: Favre is getting better, and his team is getting better. Meanwhile, the packers are starting fizzle, as teams realized that you know what, AR can't handle solid pass rush's. I in no way blame AR in the least bit, as this was a upper management call.

However, I am really happy he is on a team where he is wanted, and for the most part, appreciated. Here's hoping Favre can come up big with the jets the next two weeks to really prove the jets are really one of the top teams in the NFL. These next two games, against two defenses that are solid against the run, Favre is going to have to be a big factor in winning or losing the football game. These next two games are the sort of situations the jets wanted to get #4. To put them over the top.

Lets go Jets. Favre, keep making it exciting. Your clearly the most fun player I have had the chance for my eyes to watch. The way you play, the childlike enjoyment you get out of every big gain and every TD scored... you play football like it's a backyard game, and I love you for it.

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Praise him, he hasn't screwed up in 2 weeks. Thank god the Lambs secondary has butterfingers.

19. Traveling

Traveling New Member

It is hard to measure the intangibles. Did Brett bring some "gravitas" to the Jets locker room? Are teams scheming differently because of Brett as well? It certainly seems to me that earlier in the season Coles and Cotchery were open more, where now, fewer passes seem to go their way. If teams are planning that way, it certainly could open up the running game for the Jets. Some have speculated that the opposite effect is happening in Green Bay. Teams don't have to scheme against Favre and are going more against the run, hence the poor running game for the Packers' offense this season. Who knows?

I do enjoy watching Brett play. He certainly has to start performing better than he has, but just imagine if he and the passing offense do start playing better.

20. packerbacker1234

It's not just that. It's what he has meant overall to the mentality of this football team. There is little debate, even among experts, that Favre has made this team better.