To Those Still Upset at Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

As much of a Chad fan as I am, I'm ok with the move whatever happens, the management we have was trying to improve the team and made a bold move. The bad thing is Chad will probably be in Miami winning games long after Favre retires from the Jets. Had he gone anywhere else out of our division I'd be a lot happier with it.

2. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

If you still have doubts if the Jets are playing the Superbowl, but the game is still on ... that's kinda sad. "I don't wann go to the superbowl unless I win it! Waa waa waa!"

Translation: come on people, be realistic. Maybe a lottery ticket is all or nothing, but not a football trade!

3. k0kes

k0kes New Member

I find this interesting. You are basing you're proof that Chad is totally super-cool and awesome based on 8 games this year and nothing previous to that. You are choosing to ignore all the injuries, all the missed games etc (35 in 6 years!). At the same time you are ridiculing people that before the season started, based there thoughts on Chad's ability on how he performed in 2007. Its ironic that you wanted people to look to 2006 to base their predictions of how Chad could play, but now you choose to look no later than 8 games ago. If these 8 games are "proof" that you were right, then how was his 2007 1-7 record at that point not "proof" that they right at the time (Clemens was 3-5 last year)? The fact is Chad is still only 4-4 regardless of how bad you think the Dolphins are. To be a "straight up winner" as you put it, I believe you would have to be above 0.500. Chad has been a quality game manager this year, no doubt. But please don't try and use just 8 games this year to try and erase 3-4 completely ruined seasons due to injury.

4. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Hey, I'll still enjoy every step of the way (as my schedule permits). I thought we were primed for a good season without the trade. I said from the start that the only reason to have made this trade was to win it all, not merely to reach the playoffs...

5. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Look, no matter how long chad plays, and plays "well" for miami, if the jets make it even to the AFC championship game: The trade for Favre was worth it. If they make it to the super bowl, win or lose, the trade was worth it. If either of those two happen, Favre most likely comes back for one more shot to win it all as well, as the franchise, Having come so close to the pinacle of the sport, would clearly want to bring #4 back. #4, having finally gotten engrossed in the jets offense for a season, and almost tasting that title, would naturally want to come back.

Most feel Favre WANTED to come back to GB this season (and, he did...) but felt TT and crew were sort of shoeing him away to get AR in before his contract was up. It's clear if the jets get close to the title, or are in the title game and lose, that #4 would want to come back and play again.

Either way you look at it, if you win one or two playoffs games, the trade was a win. No, it doesn't solve the QB problem long term, but you can hardly blame the jets for giving up on Chad. He had a lot of chances, and couldn't stay on the field. When he was on the field, he was less then spectacular (aka, he can't earn McNabb treatment for always being hurt).

So, it is what it is. The jets made a bold move. Sitting at 5-3, it doesn't look so bad does it?

6. Phear

Phear New Member

yeah i wanted clemens in rather then chad because i was ready for a change, and i also believe part of chad looking better with miami could be the fact hes playing in warmer climate and its not effecting his shoulder so much.i'm still much happier with the qb we have now, and i wish all of you who are so infactuated with chad would just move on or cheer for the phins.

7. Phear

Phear New Member

very well said.

8. kennyo07

kennyo07 New Member

My response to that would be what everyone at the time said about last years team, which was you could have put Brady, Manning, Joe Montana whoever behind center and they would have gotten beaten and bruised and would hardly resemble the hall of fame talent that each possesses. So, with that second string line, lack of WRs due to injury and poor def that constantly put the offense in come from behind positions you could not expect much from ANY QB. I don't think that response is a cop out, I honestly believe Brady would have been killed playing for the Jets just as Chad was.

So, lets go back to 2006 and we see a great Chad that took us to the playoffs. In fact outside of 2007 for the above mentioned reasons, no matter how far you go back when Chad was on the field I felt like we had a shot to win every week. And that is exactly how Miami fans feel right now, and is exactly how I felt going into the summer knowing that we had a revamped off line, but most people did not. If you told anyone that Miami would be one game out of first in the AFC East halfway through the season they would have thought you were crazy. Thats all Chad.

And just for kicks, I am willing to bet most people on this board would prefer Ratliff over Clemens based on 4 preseason games.

9. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

how can u say i'm wrong haha. Your just mad because I'm stating the truth. Junc is acting like he wants favre to fail. I'm not saying you want Favre to fail, I'm saying junc does. You just are trying to show everyone that a 4-4 record is better than a 5-3 record haha, but still support your qb favre. No one goes to this level and talks about how much we would have been better off with pennington than favre unless u want to point out that you want favre to fail. Just everyone should stop all the favre hating. Seriously can we stop bitching about stupid shit , Favre is here, and already we beat our win mark from last year. Stats don't matter as long as u win the game. End it at that.

10. k0kes

k0kes New Member

My response would be that again, Clemens and Penny each played behind that horrendous line and in the same situation for 8 games. The sixth year starter Penny was 1-7. Second year man Clemens managed to be 3-5. Penny was also coming out of his second surgery. So yes, I would say there was ample evidence to move on from Penny (especially if you think Clemens was bad and he won 3 times as many games).

Thats all Chad?!?! Ronnie Brown has something to do with it. He was leading the NFL in rushes last year before being hurt. They also have Porter who is HUGE with 11.5 sacks. And seriously again with the "great" Chad in 2006. If you don't think Favre is great this year with 15 TD's and 11 INT, then how is 17 TD's and 16 INT's "great"? And don't get me wrong, I don't think Favre is playing "great" this year at all. But I'm also not naive enough to try and rationalize 17TD's and 16 INT's as "great" >.<

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't know why I am responding to you but for some reason I will.

Try reading posts a little slower to digest all the information, I realize there is alot of info and you are learning alot w/ each new post you read but read them slower and show me 1 post where I said I am rooting against Favre? Don't confuse frustration w/ rooting against a player. If you were on this board for more than 5 minutes you'd know how ridiuclous it is to question me when it comes to rooting for the Jets.

12. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

when you say we would be better off with chad, means you want chad to do well and favre fail. You want us to believe that the jets made a mistake in getting favre and cutting pennington. Guess what? Your wrong. Pennington is still helping us if you want to look at it that way. He is beating the pats and bills when miami will not make the playoffs. His days in miami are numbered, hes getting old. He's got 2-3 years tops. And heres a fun little stat, Pennignton only does well on even numbered years. Look at his stats, he gets injuryed or plays like an asshole odd years, and plays like a beast even years. But when you are saying we would be better off with pennington, your on crack. So what if he was still on the jets and didn't make the playoffs? NExt year would be 100 times worse! I'll bet you anything that if favre makes the playoffs this year and loses, he comes back for 2-3 more years so don't worry about how old he is. He's brett freakin favre, he's an iron man. Look i'm sorry for telling you to become a miami fan, but your acting like one by supporting the enemy. Just stop talking b/c your not going to break through to any jet fans that are happy with favre. You get your bragging rights if miami makes the playoffs over the jets. Then I will admit you are right. But for now, you are 100% wrong.