To Those Still Upset at Favre

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by packerbacker1234, Oct 28, 2008.

1. keypusher

keypusher Member

You can say whatever you want about Favre, but if you are going to opine about Pennington you need to pay attention to what he's doing. Yesterday it was exactly what you "don't see him" being able to do. The Dolphins with a 19-17 lead had an eight-minute drive, 80 yards in the fourth quarter that ended with Brown's two-yard TD run with 3 minutes left. On that drive, Pennington had 84 yards passing (there was a holding penallty). The Dolphins had six yards rushing. Pennington hit an 11-yard pass on second and 10, hit a 18 yard screen on 3 and 19 and hit a 23 yard pass on third and 13. It was his worst game in weeks, but he still came up big when it mattered. And he didn't throw a pick-six.

#261 keypusher, Nov 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. packerbacker1234

packerbacker1234 New Member

Again, your comparing what Chad has been able to do in a new system, compared to what Favre is doing in a new system. Chad simply never could do drives like Favre has for two weeks straight now with the jets. Sure, maybe in Miami he is, but that system fits his play style.

3. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Your screen name speaks volumes. 'nuf sed.

4. Phear

Phear New Member

he led us down the field to tie the game and in OT we ran the ball 85% of the time, so yeah the cs took the ball out of his hands. we have a winning record, we have more wins then we had last season with 8 games left to play, we just beat a strong bills team, yes favre throws ints, he throws tds as well, it was the same when he was a packer it's who favre is, but most of the time he will put you in a position to win the game. did you think he was going to come to a new team learning a new play book with new players and not throw ints? most people on here seem to get it, cept for the ones in love with chad. btw he is a dolphin now. i would think people would be rooting for vilma more than chad seeing as vilma can still give us something.

5. Phear

Phear New Member

all this negativity and arguing going on, we did win yesterday right?

6. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

That very argument is what is making me question why Favre is not doing more, or rather better in our system. I don't think it was necessarily Chad's fault that he was not doing well in our system. Well last year I blame the o-line and lack of a running game for the most part, but prior to that and in addition to it, I wonder if the system is being too rigid and not allowing to play to players strengths. Everyone kept saying he (Penny) couldn't make throws I see him making now far more often with Miami, but maybe the system and the play calling just didn't allow for it... I dunno... I'm thinking out loud here.

7. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Thanks for that... it is rather uncanny that he's having the season he is, and it makes you double-think what you already knew about the guy (Pennington). I expected him to get beat down and be sitting on the bench nursing some new injury by now. But he's having a decent season so far and his team is still right there in it.

I would agree with you that you cannot say with certainty that Chad would have us where we are... he could, but I think we could also just as easily be down a game as well. I do think we would have a shot at a WC with him as QB this year, but I think our chances are better with Favre.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Did you watch Chad w/ the Jets? B/c he had done that w/ us. There's a reason he was very successful when he was healthy here. I don't know where this notion comes from that Chad was a bad QB w/ us.

I expected bumps in the road but I expect him to make progress which he cleearly hadn't been making since the Arizona game until yesterday and then watching our former QB play so well wasn't alot of fun. If Brett plays closer to yesterday than he did the previous 3 weeks we'll win alot of games and do some damage in January.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Somehow I knew we'd see many of the Chad Fans acting like they want the Jets to fail with Favre, but I did think they'd be more quiet about it. Oh well...

10. puddnhead

puddnhead New Member

Hmm, this thread is still going ...

Pennington is a good QB. Favre is a good QB. IMO neither of them have anything left to prove in that area. Pennington is playing well, but arguably has a ceiling. Favre is still working on meshing with team and playbook and is clearly playing hurt since the Bengal game, so is doubly limited (especially long throws). So tough to say where he is, ceiling is lower if he can't heal or get everything down, higher if he can (or if he can compensate for injury by lots of short passes)

IMO that about sums it up. OK, now back to regularly scheduled programming ...

11. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

the reason this is still going on because junc HAS to be right...if he is looked at to be wrong he shits himself and brings back ridiculous arguments where chad is doing better when the fins record is 4-4 and the jets are 5-3 with Favre haha

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Point out where someone has said it... I wanna see the posts.

13. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

every post junc has written haha. When you say we would be better off with chad, that means you are hoping that chad does well and favre doesn't so you can be right. It either that, or you just like crack....lots and lots of crack...and don't know what you want and your speaking privileges should be taken away.

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'll continue to have a discourse with you when you learn to read and work on your reading comprehension. Until then, keep on aping around the forum and making a monkey out of yourself.

15. kennyo07

kennyo07 New Member

I was/am one of the biggest Chad supporters on this board. Of course I am a JETS fan though, and want to see Favre succeed and get this team to win a SB, but my beef is with the 90% (basically all of you) who for all of 2008 until we signed Favre beat us Chad supporters over the head that Kellen Clemens was the better QB and needed to be the starter....and that Chad was a washed up noodle arm, surgery ridden has been who had one good season and could not throw the ball more than 20 yds.

CLEARLY YOU ALL WERE WRONG AND I AND THE MINORITY ON THIS BOARD WHO WOULD NOT SHUT UP ABOUT CHAD WERE RIGHT. Don't give me "its a different system in Miami" bullshit. Chad is a straight up winner even on this very average Miami team, inspires hope and confidence everywhere he goes and was one of the best Jets of all time. All of the Clemens supporters were flat out wrong and the factual evidence is staring at you down in south beach. Period.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't recall a single poster who claimed they knew Clemens was better. It is perhaps a subtle point lost on some, but they as I merely claimed that we had seen enough of Chad to know he was not going to improve the team by staying on.

Chad was not a winner last year. To give him all the credit for what Miami has achieved is, to those who are not infected by the love for Chad, a painfully obvious example of how Chad Fans have no cred.

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Awesome, perfect post. :up:

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Go back and read it then, it's all still there.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Some thought he was the better choice. Others wanted to move on from the Chad era. I personally wanted the change so that all the arguments stopped. But as you can see we are 14 pages into this QB debate and Chad and Clemens are still being talked about.

Fins fans have to come here and laugh about this.

20. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Me, I'll have my doubts about the trade until the final gun in this year's Super Bowl goes off and Favre hoists the Lombardi trophy.