Zorn fired - First Black Monday Casuality

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Don, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4794280

"Jim Zorn has been fired as the head coach of the Washington Redskins, the team announced Monday morning.

The Redskins were 4-12 this season, capped by a 23-20 loss to the San Diego Chargers on Sunday. It was the team's worst record in 15 years. Zorn as 12-20 in two seasons as the Redskins head coach.

"The status quo is not acceptable," said Bruce Allen, Washington's new executive vice president and general manager, in a statement. "I felt it was necessary to not waste a moment of time to begin building this team into a winner."

2. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Lol when asked if he was going to be fired he said there was "no indication." What a smartass. Honestly i think you'll see Daboll take a demotion and Zorn be Holmgrens watchdog for Mangini in cleveland.

3. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

certainly clears the way for Shanahan to coach in Washington now

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Redskins LITERALLY could go from (4-12) to (12-4) in one season. Thats how bad the coaching staff and players are in DC. They have plenty of talent but are very lazy and unmotivated. Switching coaches gives them at least an (8-8) record. I kid you not. Now maybe if they start a rookie QB like Bradford they won't win instantly, but I could see it. Just gotta fix the o-line really.

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Being in the same division as the Cowboys, Eagles and Giants doesn't help though... I can see them drafting Bradford and having him develop one year under Campbell... we'll see...

6. The Dark Knight

Yeah, it is a tough division. I am just saying the team has talent but the coaching was horrible and the o-line was very bad. Shanahan will fix the coaching and if they improve the o-line there is no reason for their fans not to be excited about a possible playoff run in 2010. They have a great defense.

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this is off topic but bills fire entire coaching staff.clearing the way for cowher to take over?

8. The Dark Knight

Could be. Can you say best division in football?

9. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Sure does look ominous....
    Interesting that Schotty is mentioned in the "other possibilities" category.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/glazer-bills-fire-entire-coaching-staff-010410

Glazer......

The Buffalo Bills have commenced "Operation Cleaning House."

On Monday the Bills fired their entire coaching staff -- including interim head coach Perry Fewell, FOXSports.com has learned. Fewell, however, is expected to officially interview Monday for the Bills' permanent head-coaching position.

The team has already met with former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher and believes that his interest in the opening is genuine.

Buffalo is also making plans to interview several current assistant coaches to fill their head-coaching void. That list includes Eagles defensive coordinator Sean McDermitt, Cardinals assistant head coach Russ Grimm and Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier. Other possibilities include Jets offensive coordinator Brian Scottenheimer and Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera.