Ziggy Ansah Tagged

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by grkmanga31, Feb 27, 2018.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Well the closer we get the free agency, the more players get tagged.

In this case the Lions have placed the tag of Ziggy.

I wasn't super sold on him anyways but given the Jets haven't had a pass rusher since Abraham anything would be better at this point.

I fully expect the Cowboys to also tag Lawrence.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

not surprised. we have money and the FA market is thin, all the more reason to land cousins and front load the shit out of his deal.

3. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I assume this is exactly what Mac is thinking. I'm not sue what are situation is in terms of minimum 3 year spend, but one would have to asume it won't be easy to simply roll $50mil over. In that case, you might as well front load a couple huge contracts & keep money free to spend in future years. The other thing to consider, should we strike out in free agency, is to take on an Osweiler like salary dump for future draft compensation.

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

There really aren't any intriguing free agent pass rushers at this points. I do like Jordan Jenkins as an edge-setter and the group consisting of Josh Martin, David Bass, and Kony Ealy proved useful as role-players at least.

I think they need to draft a pass-rusher (not an edge-setter) within the first three rounds. There seem to be some good prospects who could fit the bill (Harold Landry, Dorrance Armstrong, Kemoko Turray, Lorenzo Carter, Uche Nwosu, for example).

grkmanga31 likes this.