Zach Mettenbergers Agent has requested his client be traded

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJets17, May 1, 2015.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

mettenberger was HORRID at lsu in the beginning of his career. he was bad, i mean really really bad.

however he grew and became a VERY solid college qb by the time he left there. he has all the arm talent he would need, he has a history of playing in a pro style offense and was mentored by a guy i cant stand but still is a guy who can prepare a kid for the nfl and get him to be a better player in cam cameron. he has a TON of upside and could become a very good nfl qb.

and at this point we dont have anyone whose feelings would get hurt to bring in another guy to give it a shot. draft is done but if they had traded for him i would not have been disappointed.

and EVEN IF they still think geno can become an nfl qb, it makes sense to have a guy behind him who is also working toward that. as much as we love the third stringers, if thats their ceiling they are kind of worthless to me. id much rather have a young guy with potential sit every week and run the scout offense. granted you cant hold on to them for long but to have one that is developing is always huge.

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

But the amount of garbage in our yard allows us see over the top of the fence into another garbage strewn yard.

_