Zach Mettenberger

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by James Hasty, Dec 9, 2014.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Is it the strong arm? I personally think he is too un-athletic and stiff. Concrete feet. He's Kyle Orton with a stronger arm but less accuracy in my opinion. He's a Drew Bledsoe / Vinny T. type in an era where Drew Bledsoe and Vinny T. statue types are going obsolete.

You don't need to be a running QB to be successful these days but you have to be able to move around in the pocket and anticipate the rush. I never saw it with him.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The last thing this team needs is to trade valuable draft picks to get some unproven rookie QB who has looked average, at his best. Not to mention you'd need a QB guru as a HC or OC to develop a project like him. Pass. If the Jets are going to trade a pick, I'd much rather use it to get a proven veteran or to move up and get a franchise QB in the draft.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I've seen him throw laser beam accurate passes, he's not a running QB but he can slide in the pocket and hes a load to bring down.

We'll just have to wait and see.

_

4. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan and if we could get a Rams-RG3 type deal from Tennessee with Mettenberger included, I'm all in.

Unfortunately, Tennessee will probably be picking in front of us, and might not even take a QB.

5. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

Would rather sign an actual previous #1 overall pick with an injury history - Sam Bradford.

6. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I would rather trade down grab a few extra picks...draft OL WR OL and sign or trade for a vet QB and CB in free agency

7. Jetsfansince95

I'm down for Sam but man his salary is outrageous

8. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Yes it is something to consider, but until we know who will be calling the shots next season, it is all speculation.

9. perpetualchange

perpetualchange Active Member

Because Geno is on his rookie contract and still is our starter. I don't like how Geno's played at all, but he's certainly not getting cut a year early to appease fans who are just shortsighted and want blood.

Unless the Jets can actually trade Geno, I don't see him going anywhere. He'll be competing for a starting job as the QB of the New York Jets next year, no question. Again, unless he can be traded, but he hasn't played well enough to trade and if her were playing well again we wouldn't want to part with him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Why would u wanna trade down and miss out on a potential franchise Qb? Any vet stop gap doesn't solve the Qb problem this team has had.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

He will likely be cut by the Rams due to that salary. The Jets won't have to pay him that much.

12. Jetsfansince95

Simple have you seen our history in developing rookie quarterbacks knowing us whoever we take the other will succeed I rather not take that chance

13. Jetsfansince95

Plus I'm not sold on either of these guys I think the better class will be in 2016 but that's just me :)

14. Jetsfansince95

I feel like drafting and developing a rookie quarterback... especially in a market such as New York takes the right amount of successful upper front office staff and coaches... the Jets have proven over and over and over they lack that staff

15. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Mettenberger is going to be one of those journeyman QB's in the league, where he drifts from team to team for like 10 years. He'll never be a franchise anything, he'll spend his entire career as a back up/practice squad guy.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You do not. Ever. Not in the position that we are in. You only trade down if you have a franchise QB or a rookie QB that you think will be your franchise QB (Raiders).

Folks pointing to 2016 as the year to get a QB anywhere NEAR these two are kidding themselves.

_

17. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

He's Derek Anderson 2.0. Who cares, will never happen, wouldn't want it to anyway

18. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

kill me bro...just kill me

74 likes this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I was yelling his name at the TV from the 4th rd on last year...... but in true JETS fashion we got some scrubs already cut off the team, and will use another draft pick to trade for him. then he's a lock to suck.

20. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This coming from the guy who was ranting and raving about Tajh Boyd after the draft