Your voice is needed. Who has a better defense heading into 2006

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by birdman316, Apr 23, 2006.

1. birdman316

birdman316 New Member

Atlanta or Carolina

Dont worry about what happend a year ago. Think about the defense each team will field in 2006. The players that both teams have added, getting back from injury, and lost. Who has the better defense. Talent wise

By the way, Im a Falcons fan. Can anyone give me some insight on Abe please.

2. GreenMachine

Have the Falcons improved their secondary????

Carolina gets the nod here...

3. Pride

Pride New Member

Im going to have to go with the Falcons. Carolina added Keamotu but lost OLB Will Witherspoon. Falcons may have the best front seven in football with the addition of Abe. Lawyer Milloy brings veteran leadership to a young secondary.

4. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

i have to go with carolina best d line in football and best secondary gamble is gonna have a break out year. also pertaining to the falcons who got at de cut kerney or smith the falcons have a mean front seven i might say though but hall cant cover the whole secondary or can he... hmm :)

5. Pride

Pride New Member

Valid point but I think the Falcons will address Corner early in the draft and crocker is a nice addition for a 4th rounder to go alongside lawyer milloy

6. birdman316

birdman316 New Member

well we did upgrade at saftey by bringing in Milloy. And all I hear is Crocker is physical and can cover which is what Scott didnt give us. And Webster seems to be healthy. So our secondary isnt bad

7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Lawyer Milloy is not a difference maker on defense. He has zero cover skills and his talent has been steadily declining.

Carolina. It's not that close of a call.

8. JetGreen

JetGreen New Member

Both teams have pretty talented front sevens. But Carolina (when healthy) are just a bit better and the Panthers secondary is better. However, if the Falcons can grab someone like Jimmy Williams in the draft, then the Falcons secondary would be instantly upgraded.

#8 JetGreen, Apr 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2005
  9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

- Well Atlanta's Defensive Line certainly improved with the great pass-rushing skills of Abraham. If he's healthy, he will be a diffrence maker on your team. But Carolina has Peppers, Rucker, Kris Jenkins, Ma'ake Kemoeatu and Brenston Buckner. As of now, they still have the #1 Defensive line in football IMO. Atlanta's is still very good though. EDGE: CAROLINA.

- This is close again, but Atlanta with Brooking, a healthy Hartwell and Demorio Williams is very strong. Carolina will have Dan Morgan, Thomas Davis and ________ starting at LB. Still strong but EDGE: ATLANTA

- This is where it isn't too close. Who does Atlanta have behind DeAngelo Hall? Jason Webster/Aaron Beasley are the only names I know of. Carolina has Ken Lucas and Chris Gamble, which is a great starting duo. If they can keep Ricky Manning all the better. They still need a Safety however, but Mike Minter is one of the best. Atlanta got Milloy, which is a good pickup. I don't anything about Chris Crocker, so I'll assume he isn't anything special. EDGE: Carolina

Although Atlanta improved their defense very well this offseason, Carolina still has a great cordinator running their defense and they should continue to dominate. OVERALL EDGE: CAROLINA.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Carolina has the better defense. Best d-line in all of football when healthy, and the linebackers are still solid even if they lost Witherspoon. They have tons of talent in the secondary with Lucas, Gamble, Minter, McCree, and Davis.

11. birdman316

birdman316 New Member

just one question:

Whe healthy, is Jenkins more dominat than Coleman?

12. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

Abso-freaking-lutely.. 3 years ago. But now you'd have to give the nod to Coleman.. Coleman is a great pass rusher, but let's face it he's essentially one dimensional. Kris Jenkins 3 years ago was hands down the best all-around DT in the game. Great pass rusher in his own right, and downright dominant against the run. An un-movable, un-blockable beast. Too bad he may never be the same again with those knee injuries.

And as for the question of who has the best defense. It's still the Panthers.

13. New York Mick

New York Mick Banned

14. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Easily the Panthers. Just much more complete for reasons that have been listed above me by several posters.

Your run defense is still a joke. Adding Abraham is for pass rushing purposes, he is a liability against the run if anything. That being said, I think you have plenty of playmakers and immediately your secondary will be improved because of his jukes and moves, sucessfully getting to the QB or pressuring incompletes and INT's.

15. daking231

daking231 Member

Panthers is the pick here.... Their D is more nasty than the Falcons D IMO.

16. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I would have to go with the panthers on this one, although your defense isn't that bad, but my money goes into carolina.

17. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Panthers, that's an easy one.

#17 hazmat, Apr 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2005
  18. hazmat

hazmat New Member

wow, thats cool Jessie edited my post 22 days ago.

19. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I'm going to go with the Falcons. As the Jets learned in 2004 a great front seven can cover up a lackluster secondary, and the Falcons will be able to rush the passer like nobody's business. DeAngelo Hall may just be the best cornerback in football right now and can be responsible for the other team's top reciever. The weaker members of the back 4 will be aided by the pass rush. It's gonna be nasty to play them.

20. thegoldengod

thegoldengod Active Member