Your Top 5 Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by The Predator, Jul 5, 2007.

1. CurtisMartin 28

1. halo2
    2. madden
    3. gears of war
    4. call of duty 3
    5. mlb 2k7......................™

2. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I just put an hour's worth of thought and typing into this:

3. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

No order:

Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis

Tekken 3

Final Fantasy series

Age of Empires

Road Rash for me as well. Still play it to this day, awesome game :up:

I like the old school games.

4. CurtisMartin 28

my list is the best........................™

5. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I don't play video games for the most part, so there might be a couple i'm forgetting.

not in any order:

GTA series (ps2)
    Super Mario World (SNES)
    Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
    Yoshi's Island (&2) (SNES)
    Donkey Kong series (SNES)

x10000
    I wish I had that game so bad, but I doubt it would run on my computer and I have no idea where to find a copy that would.

6. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

1 - Madden (I don't even consider this a "game." It's almost like a part of life......however, every year I do gradually cut down on the playing time)
    2 - Sonic (in sega genesis)
    3 - Super Mario (from NES all the way to N64.....Sunshine sucked)
    4 - Zelda (all of em)
    5 - Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (Awesome story. They could've made a movie on it)

7. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

The greatest game of all-time. The remake looks awesome, I heard they added more FF characters such as Balthier from XII, and now your characters can be a Dark Knight and Onion Knight.

#27 DonnieIsTheKing, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  8. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Have you slacked off even worse, Mo? Are you even a challenge anymore ;)

9. highflyer

highflyer Active Member

If you have AIM or MSN add me, I have a copy I can send to you. Otherwise PM me, I'll forget to do it later when I have more time otherwise. It's just it's the version without speech, just subtitles.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I just stick to talking to women...something none of you have ever done.

11. TheNatureBoy

TheNatureBoy New Member

Im suprised not alot of Metal Gear Solid love.

12. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

1. World of Warcraft--It is truly difficult for me to play any single player RPGs now.

2. Super Mario 64--I played the two N64 release titles (Pilotwings 64) like it was my job.

3. Zelda A Link to the Past--This includes the Zelda franchise as a whole, but this one in particular.

4. Madden--From '92 on the Genesis to present a staple of the Fall season for me.

5. Phantasy Star Online--Not sure if it was a good thing, but this is the game that got me into Online RPGs.

Honorable mentions: Bionic Commando, Mega Man 2, Yoshi's Island, Gunstar Heroes, Symphony of the Night, Vagrant Story

13. EarlytoRise

EarlytoRise Member

Yeah, I prefer avoiding conversation at all costs.

14. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I don't even go outside, in case i got in a conversation by accident

15. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

that's why I prefer the mute ones. :lol:

16. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Nice list man, you're clearly a Playstation and old school Nintendo man.

Great call on the Crash Bandicoot series, those were so fun back in the day when I had PS1. And I am the same way when it comes to Resident Evil. It's not that I am scared to play the games, but when my brother first got Resident Evil 1 I would watch him play and help him with the puzzles, then the same went on with RE2. By that time I felt like it was more of a movie than a game and just decided to watch my friends beat the other ones.

17. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

I think they are making a movie out of it.....

18. Drew

Drew Active Member

They are. Disney is doing it.

19. zonebuster413

zonebuster413 Member

Slacked off and fell off big time, dude. After not playing 07 for about 5 months or whatever, decided to play a little 07 before 08 came out. I couldn't hang with friend's little brother, who happens to be only an 8th grader. Hit me up on yahoo, we definitely gotta be in at least one league together.

20. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

Here's my short list:

5. Guitar Hero/Guitar Hero II: Far and away the most addictive games I've ever played. Great for parties or just relaxing a little after work to wind down. Great tracklists overall and naling sections on some of the songs just feels amazing. Of course, I've tried to pick up the guitar since the game and thus far have been failing miserably.

4. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2) - Incredible story and great stealth gameplay do it for me with this one. I love how the story is so entrenched in history, and yet the game know that it can make fun of the sheer ridiculous-ness (not a word) of the plot. I'm really pissed that MGS4 is only on the PS3, I'm not spending $600 on a video game console. $250 for the Wii was pushing it for me (I'm cheap as shit).

3. Resident Evil 4 (GC) - The only this I can really take away from this game is that it's not as scary as its predecessors. Despite that, there's a ridiculous amount of fun to be had here. I can't really explain it in any way that would do it justice.

2. Zelda - A Link to the Past (SNES) - Probably the game that got me really into video games. Really revolutionary for it's time, there really are no games like the Zelda series. I could easily replace this with Ocarina of Time (N64) or Twilight Princess (Wii).

1. Super Metroid (SNES) - One of the most underrated games of all time. One of the only games I've ever played where exploration is really fun rather than mundane and tedious. On top of that, Samus (the main character) has Prince of Persia like agility that's fun to jost screw around with and to master in order to gain powerful upgrades early. The atmosphere of the game is also top notch, as is the music (for the SNES, at least). This is another game that needs to be experienced because words do it no justice. If you have a Wii, it should be coming out on the virtual console next week. Don't miss it.