Your successful weight loss stories. What kept you going?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Brook!, Mar 16, 2018.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Brook and I would agree, you need some alcohol in your life

Brook! likes this.
  2. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i drank enough for 15 life times matty, that stuff is nasty, makes you bloated and puffy, no more for this old man. but watching and rooting for the jets gives anyone a free pass to be a raging alcoholic in my opinion

Cman68, Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. matt robinson 17

I was just kidding Tommy, stay sober, Brook and I will drink enough for the 3 of us

TommyJ and Brook! like this.
  4. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i love joking around about it, gotta have a sense of humor or you're toast anyway right?

Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  5. matt robinson 17

Like being a Rangers/Jets fan!

Brook! likes this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Fuck that noise.

Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse.

Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I don't think James Dean left a good looking corpse, but good one. And he was absolutely laughably bad in 'Giant'. Holy Crap, I'm talking laughably bad. That entire movie is laughably bad. And Dennis Hopper, holy shit, lol. I'm gonna get destroyed for this, but James Dean was a terrible actor.

#107 jetophile, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    TwoHeadedMonster and joe like this.
  8. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i tried really hard too but i just wouldn't die. cant say the same for a lot of friends though, wow there's been alot of funerals.

9. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i agree, marginal actor at best

10. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^ Dean's problem was that he committed the cardinal sin of acting by always looking like he was 'acting' whether it was the smoldering, heavy-handed brooding or playing the anguished, tortured soul. . A Brando-wannabe who wasn't even Brando lite (-10) on his best day.

He sucked : )

11. jetophile

^As much of a home-wrecking POS that Elizabeth Taylor was, she almost had a nervous breakdown when James Dean died while also doing her mighty best to protect Rock Hudson from being publicly outed, even though everyone knew it. Sal Mineo, too; who years later got knifed to death outside of his apartment. I'll get into Montgomery Clift another time, but she wasn't ALL bad as a person. Homo was a career killer in the public view, but look how poor Ingrid Bergman was persecuted, destroyed, and barred from working because she had an affair, all while higher ups and directors were diddling boys and sexually abusing young girls. Of course, in the same parallel universe (see Ingrid Bergman again), no-one would call Spencer Tracy an adulterer, because he was a dumb hump Catholic who wouldn't divorce his wife over Katherine because he saw divorce as a higher sin. He got a free pass, and still does now. Katherine Hepburn was never barred from working because of her relationship with him. Hollywood, it's all utter contemptuous hypocritical nonsense.

Buy, yeah, 'Giant' is campy as hell. I think Dean's best was 'East of Eden', and 'Rebel Without a Cause' is well . . . hahaha. Poor Natalie Wood. Another Hollywood victim. If you read about her early acting life, it wasn't no miracle on 34th street.

#111 jetophile, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    TwoHeadedMonster and TommyJ like this.
  12. jetophile

OK, so back on topic, a lot of people find eating in small doses a few times a day really helps for weight loss, as opposed to gorging in typical three big doses (breakfast, lunch, dinner). Not snacking on garbage, but light breakfast, peanut butter on half an apple at noon, something small and sensible at 2:00 (carrot sticks or the like), i.e. a banana at 4:00, dinner at 6:00. It makes sense re: blood sugar, but don't do anything fad-like. I've never been an immediate breakfast person. For some odd reason, I just can't shovel Cheerios in my face as soon as I wake up. Takes me a couple of hours to eat, don't know why. Anyway, hope the tip helps.

13. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I don't like going to the gym and keeping up with fancy diet schemes that I can never keep for more than a week. What I do is fairly simple. I do Insanity + Insanity Asylum and try to eat only from tiers 1 and 2 from Michi's ladder. Only problem is I drink a lot of beer. But I lost like 50 pounds over 1 year doing it this way.

TommyJ likes this.
  14. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

bullshit! you stopped listening to Francessa over 6 years ago and your body fat immediately dropped haa haa!

Antoni likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

whatever you are doing, it is obviously working, your GF in your avatar is a babe

TommyJ and Brook! like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Rangers are the best pro team in the NY area over the last decade.

Back on topic, Henrik Lundqvist loses something like 3-4 lbs of water weight every game he plays in the nets. The question is how he puts that back on again before the next night?

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  17. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

According to WikiAnswers a US gallon of fresh water at 4 degrees C weighs 8.34 pounds.

Br4d likes this.
  18. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Haha nah I never stopped listening to him, just on and off posting about him. The unintentional comedy of the show was too good, I miss it.

Remember this one?

[​IMG]

WAITASEKENT. Da camera is awn?

I love how he tries to hide the ice cream with his paper.
    [​IMG]

#118 Antoni, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    TommyJ and Red Menace like this.
  19. jetophile

Yep, Jets fan.