Your message to Johnson brothers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 5, 2018.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Dear Woody and Chris,
    Fuck you very much .

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Honestly guys im normally the first one to jump on here and start to rip apart the franchise but I honestly dont even know what to say anymore.I feel like we are hopeless at this point with no real direction or plan.Darnold looks bad but alot of things look bad with this team.We have a center who cant snap a ball...Makes me appreciate Nick Mangold even more.Darnold doesnt have a good enough supporting cast on offense to succeed or a good enough coach.Its a recipe for disaster

3. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

You have money, sell the team and pick up a new hobby that you're better at. Perhaps you could buy a company, run it into the ground, sell the assets and buy another mega yacht or something, whatever... Just get the hell away from the Jets and for the love of god, take Bubba and Lt. Dan with you

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the damage to the fanbase has already been done. it was done when they built this piece of dogshit stadium and treated those who ponied up every year like they were bastard step children and said screw you dedicated jet fan we want to bring in NEW fancy big money spending fans. were going to build a stadium so dull and useless but it wont matter because the douchebags we are going to market to dont know what a real football stadium is supposed to feel like. were going to put 2 levels of suites for douchebags who dont even care to watch the game, only to attend the party and stick those of you who USED to be able to afford tickets anywhere in the stadium up SUPER DUPER high in the sky at the mausoleum, because well fuck you, your only spending 120 bucks every home game, and we dont need you because we suckered some king lord douche to buy a psl for 60k, its really about tv money now anyway.

so now guys like me dont go to the stadium anymore, we dont bring our kids to the stadium and those fair weather fans are gone, the cool factor has worn off and the place is full of opposing teams fans. and those of us who bled jet green dont even want to go to a game.

fuck woody johnson, fuck the fucking diaz brothers. (scarface reference) like sec314 said in the stadium thread today, there is nothing they can do to get me back. and now that they have lost me, they will have a far lesser chance of getting my kid. because while we will watch on tv, there are lots of teams he can watch on tv. but only 2 that he has the access to go see on sundays, well he used to have access to go see before the fuckery began.

owner sucks, stadium sucks, team sucks. and weve all been treated like a bunch of assholes the past 10 years.

jetophile and Longsuffering88 like this.
  5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Dear Sperm Lotto Winners Chris and Woody,

I don’t hate you because you are wealthy adult children, who had nothing to do with becoming wealthy.

I don’t hate you for being incompetent.

I think from a distance, you seem as “real” as coddled trust fund billionaires could be expected.

However, I must sincerely ask you to please sell the team to another wealthy person or persons from NY who bleed green and need to win a Super Bowl more than they need to breathe.

Try to find a football version of George Steinbrenner, and sell the team him or her. Even with all of his flaws and misgivings , that sonova bitch wanted to win before breathing, and this is something you clearly are unable to feel or achieve.

Do this for the millions of disgusted, disappointed, broken, miserable Jet fans. Take your billions and buy a soccer team or a country. I don’t care. No one cares.

Please get out of professional American football. Leave this task to real adults with a singular focus on winning.

I believe lasting “legacy” is a big deal for billionaires like yourselves, and your legacy is that of of incompetence and complete and utter failure at this moment. You neophytes have a chance to change this anathema on this organization and fan base. You have the ability and obligation to make it happen.

Don’t go away mad, just go away.

Sincerely
    Longsuffering88 and my fellow, broken fans.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Fellow Jet fans, you guys might be angry for what I’m about to say but my message to Johnson’s is simple, I can’t be mad at Johnson's for not trying.

They have done everything possible to hire the right people, they went outside and used consultants twice, they have hired the up and coming assistant twice, Rex and Bowles.

They have gone with the seasoned veterans in Herman Edwards, they attempted to hire from the Bellicheat tree (Mangini), whom I still believe was the right guy for the jets but was not given enough time.

The Johnsons have made an effort to hire the right people guys, the problem is that the good ones don’t want to interview with them, that’s why Jets are always stuck with the unknown GM or HC.

I believe jets made a big mistake by entering into a joint venture with Giants. Jets should have their own stadium.

Hopefully this next time around, Johnson’s hire a GM and let him hire the next HC.

Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dear Johnsons.... If I attend a game when I back in NY visiting family, can I at least get some free beer for sitting through that shit?

8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

That ignores one huge fact. When Woody Johnson bought the Jets they had what is undeniably the best football minds in the NFL on the payroll. He was so intent on buying the Jets, he let Bob Kraft steal his lunch money right out form under him. This was a move that showed incredible incompetence if the goal was to put a good product on the field. What Woody focused on was building a multi-use stadium, financed by the public to hold the Jets, The olympics, trade fairs and concerts. He spent more time working the Mayor and Governor then worrying about the actual team. This was a business deal done for money and politics for Woody. It was never about the football team.

9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed. I really don't get the people that say he didn't try. Yes, the franchise is valuable, but it would only increase in value if the product was consistently good. Of course Woody tried, he just didn't succeed.

As football fans we are conditioned to blame effort before all other explanations for things that happen. Revis didn't lose a step, he quit. Nobody declines in skill, they just stop trying. It's nonsense and I feel this is what's happening here as well with people blaming the Johnsons.

It's just a knee jerk reaction to call them out now after a bad couple games with multiple big injuries halfway through a rookie QB's first season where he is putting up rookie like numbers.

People need to step back from the ledge. The Jets have been notoriously bad but at least let them see this rebuild though. It's the first time in ages the Jets have built it this way and we all knewgoing into the season that the Jets weren't playoff contenders and they were still at least a year away from competing. This is a development year, all rookies struggle.

I also 100% agree that GM should be responsible for hiring the coach. That will hopefully change in the future, but I'd like to see this process through. Yeah, it inherently requires a few down years, but jumping down the owner's throat halfway through the 2nd year of a rebuild is silly. I agree with overhauling the coaches, but let Macc finish what he started.

Well that's my rant. Don't get me wrong Woody deserves plenty of criticism, but we need to be a little patient here.

#49 Sam Hammer, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    alleycat9 and FJF like this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Personally, I think Biggs should send in his resume...

ColoradoContrails, Brook! and FJF like this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Fire. Todd. Bowles. Please.

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Sending out an SOS.

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Losing NFL franchises increase in value just like winning NFL franchises increase in value. There is no indication that the Jets would be worth a dollar more with a 10 win season vs. a 4 win season. Woody may well have tried. Does anyone doubt for a minute that Mac and Bowles are trying? I suspect both of them are working amazingly hard. The question for fans isn't are they both putting in the effort. It's do they have a plan and can they implement it to put a good quality team that can compete for a championship on the field?

Woody has proven he doesn't have what it takes when it comes to the football side of ownership. Valuation of the team based on what he paid and what it's currently worth indicates that it makes almost no difference in the financial success of the team.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Boston Red Sox spent the most this season.

Yankees were not even within top 5 this year. [They were #6.]

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Message to Johnson's?

Sell the fucking team. To someone that actually cares more about the team and winning than the measly money.

And before I forget:

16. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

And I think the concessions and parking (or any potential loss thereof) is just a rounding error when looking at total value.

3 wins or 13, the value is still going up geometrically.

alleycat9 likes this.
  17. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I agree for the most part, but last I checked the Jets aren't selling out and they are losing many season ticket holders. With a consistent winner they sell out and sell more season packages, which is more direct revenue, so I'm sure they WANT to win. They just suck at it.

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The problem is the time line continuity get skewed and we never get the nature progression of a team improving. New coach comes in, has some level of success due to the new coach bump coupled with the spending spree to quiet the restless fans and then becomes a victim of that success when the bump levels off and the spending spree ages/caps out and the drafts haven’t paid off. It has become a vicious cycle

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The team is the business, we can’t ignore the fact that he has poured money into the team, he’s approved big money contracts.

When Mac came in he increased his scouting payroll and added more scouts, he tried the no pressure approach and allowed the CS to be overhauled as Todd Bowles has thrown every one under the bus but Rodgers. He allowed Rex to stay under two GMs and gave him time to fix the team with Idzik.

Woody has tried, the problem is not his effort, my opinion is that there are no quality individuals with great football minds that want to run the jets or coach them.

Even if he sells the team it will not guarantee success unless the new owner gets the right GM and HC in place.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The question isn't whether the Johnsons are trying, it's the results they're getting. Using your own "justification", what's obvious is that Woody/Chris have absolutely no feel or understanding of how to build a winning organization. They're throwing darts hoping that the next toss will hit the bulls eye. They're like the kid who does't have a clue about the final he needs to take so he buys the answers from someone and doesn't know enough to realize they're from last year's test. Having these guys as owners is like preordination" the Jets are going to lose, the only unknown is "how".

But as long as they're raking in money hand over fist, no matter what, they're not going to sell the team, so we can only pray that they finally find someone they can turn the operation over to who actually does know how to build a winning team. If they don't sell, and they don;t abdicate the running of it to someone competent, then they deserve all the scorn and blame they get.

And yes, it was a MASSIVE mistake to become joint owners of a stadium with the Giants. It's been one long incidence of Stockholm Syndrome because they essentially agreed to be held hostage by a team that is their natural enemy. Honestly they should break the lease and go find another stadium - Citi Field, Yankee Stadium - hell, if they keep losing they could play in the Red Bull stadium and have plenty of room! The cleanest move would be to sell the team to owners who will move the team to its own park in the NYC area.

Jamal Adams says he's SICK of losing! HAH! Have him come and talk to me when hes been losing for a few DECADES. I have NO SYMPATHY for billionaires who don't know how to tie their own shoelaces.

Biggs likes this.