Your message to Johnson brothers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

At 3-6 we are all pissed. Seems like Darnold is in the hands of a clueless Coaching staff. Mac has been underwhelming. But but but. The real problem is the Johnson brothers. It starts and ends with ownership.

I have lost faith in them long time now. But Jets being the 8th most valuable NFL franchise they won’t sell the team. If so, here is my ask from them. Feel free to chime in.

- Please let Mac and Bowles go at the end of the season. I won’t mind if you fire them now.

- Please hire a VP of football operations and let him pick the GM and let them pick the coach. Make sure next coach has track record for developing QB’s.

- Consider reducing ticket prices to make it affordable for families.

- Reduce concession prices. People already pay high prices for tickets and don’t rob them twice.

- Make nice to season ticket holders. Don’t alienate your fan base.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Bullying will not be tolerated.

Quinnenthebeast and Jets69 like this.
  3. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Woody and his family. You bought the Jets for over 600 million in 2002 and it's worth almost 3 Billion in 2018. Now that the estate tax has been repealed would you please consider selling the team to an actual capitalist that believes in Competition.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

lol

6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Greatest city in the world and it has the worse sports owners. I think Haslam with the Browns might be the worse but the Johnson brothers, Wilpon's and Dolan's are a very close second if not past Haslam. I'm not a Yankee fan but at least there is one team in this city that gets it from top to bottom.

7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Just End The Season.

8. Just end the decade

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Go to an Islanders game.

CBG and Red Menace like this.
  10. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Long as the franchise makes money and is a good investment, it’s irrelevant to our owners what are record is. Because the fans will listen to the lies about being competitive. Just tell the fans the truth, let us decide if we still want to invest money into your product. We don’t have to win, just produce a return on an investment. The other franchises have to win to make money. We don’t have to here because of the location. Not everyone can win, and we are one of the teams that it doesn’t matter to the owners or NFL.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

It's maddening that there is actually some truth to this sentiment.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Pretty much checked all the boxes Brook!

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

NFL owners aren't in a competition with each other they are partners with each other.

14. jets12

jets12 Active Member

I am a Yankee fan and Hal does not get it either. He just puts a competitive team on the field and rakes in tens of millions each year but is not passionate of about winning Championships like his father.

Do you realize the Yanks are 1 for 18 and counting on Championships with the most resources of any teams. Talk about Cashman being overrated and covered with Teflon.

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The Yankees are clearly trying to win; is your criticism that they don’t want to win, despite the amount of money they put into the team, simply because they have kept Cashman? That would be a silly argument.

But you can’t argue they are trying to win simply because they haven’t won.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As a Yankee fan, I'm aware of just how crazy George Steinbrenner was despite wanting to win. It's no coincidence that they did well when he was suspended or barely involved in making baseball decisions. Oh, and Cashman is one of the best GM's in the game. If the Yankees let him go, other teams would be lining up to take him.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It's easy to hate George Steinbrenner. What he did with the Yankees was and is amazing. He bought a failing team in one of the worst areas in the US for 8.7 million and I believe he got the stadium thrown in. He renovated the stadium and made the Yankees relevant. The new Stadium is one of the best baseball venues in the US. Yankee fans are treated like royalty at the stadium. The team has a value north of 3 Billion dollars.

Cashman has been great but Steinbrenner if vastly under rated as a team owner in terms of building fans loyalty both in New York and across the country and creating real value for the business. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see this franchise start a long slow decline without his leadership.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If the Yankees make no effort to land Bryce Harper and/or Manny Machado, I'll lose all faith I have in Hal. It was clear that after their last run(1995-2012), a rebuild of some kind was coming. The farm system, which had been barren for a while, has produced Severino, Judge, Andujar, and Sanchez. Not to mention Montgomery and Torres(who the Yankees developed from AA to the majors). Now that the young core is in place, it's time to supplement it to put the team over the top.

19. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Pick the right people to be in charge. Thats it.

I have no problem with pricing or any of that. Just pick the guys that will get the Jets the best players and coach them the best they can be.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Dear Sirs,
    Quite frankly the NYJ have been an embarrassment through out most of your combined tenures. We are sick of this mess.
    The leadership of this team from the top down has consistently missed the mark and fielded sub par, undisciplined teams.
    We have not had a person at the helm that understands football and creates a dynasty for NY, instead of this patched up, disgraceful long term series of screw ups and incompetent hires at key positions.
    The time has come to make serious amends. Hire a VP of operations that has that fire and knowledge in him. Immidiately fire this sublimely incompetent CS.
    You continue to demand top dollar for the privilege of going to the game, buying Jets products, and supporting the concession stands at costs second to none.
    In return we get to see an incompetent team on the field. If you want to believe this teams demands the same value as a real franchise, like NE, GB, Steelers, Rams, and many others, then do something to develop such a legacy.
    So far all you have done is talk and take the fans money, with much of nothing in return.

21. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

get a real head coach, fire bowles and rodgers right now!

receivers lack seperation? try cannon in the slot. crowell banged up? start mcguire.

(long) injured snapping hands? start harrison. sam looks like he is regressing? activate webb and play him, even if it's just for a quarter or two.

trading bridgewater was a mistake, getting only a 3rd was bad, but having to add a 5th into the deal was criminal.

let greene run the defnse, and let bates be the interim head coach.

losing at home to buffalo is a real probability. they beat the vikings in minny, and gave the packers all they could handle. expect allen , anderson or barkley to start sunday.

their defense and offense have better lines than we do, hard as that may be for some to believe.

at this point, i am tempted to root for all losses the rest of the season just to get a new head coach and better drafting in the offseason.

way too many free agents due to poor drafting for decades.

#20 mr nyjet, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018