Your draft board at pick 4

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by 1028, Apr 17, 2006.

1. CMartinJET

CMartinJET New Member

1. Reggie Bush
    2. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    3. Mario Williams
    4. A.J Hawk
    5. Vince Young

2. hazmat

hazmat New Member

So what is the comparision between John Abraham and Mario Williams? Do they have anything in common besides being defensive ends?

The two most important positions on the field are a quarterback and a pass rusher. Players like Mario Williams don't come around too frequently. With that being said Reggie Bush is the best athlete in the draft, but I'm against drafting running backs in the first round. In fact I'm against giving any running back a huge contract. The NFL has so many good running backs and they are only as good as their lines. A good line can make an average running back great and but a bad line can make a great running back look like crap. Bush is the best player in the draft but I'd rather have a pass rusher or a qb.

I really like Leinart. Maybe he doesn't have the best arm and he has a slow delivery but his intelligence and ability to read a defense and make a quick decision is as good as any qb coming out of college ever. I would love to get him, but with that being said I do have some concerns him throwing at the meadowlands and I do see New York growing his ego even bigger. I want a qb who cares about football much more then fame and ego. I do think he's dedicated to being a great qb, but I think he would be better off in some city in middle america where he can go cow tipping at night.

3. Phyr

Phyr Member

1. Reggie Bush
    2. Matt Leinart
    3. Vince Young
    4. Mario Williams
    5. D'brickashaw

All I want is the Jets to stay at #4 and pick Leinart or Young. I wouldn't be disappointed if they got Williams or D'brickashaw either, I just feel very strongly that they need to draft a QB this year and sit him.

4. phatnols

phatnols Member

I will do top 10 incase we trade down, 1% chance we do
    1. Bush(not worth trading up for though, I can have a thread on why not to draft a RB in the top 5, but he does grade the best in 20 yrs)
    2 M Williams(I only hope he comes to our pick)
    3 Leinart(most sure thing out of the QB, but not potential wise)
    4.DBrick(a need, good pass blocker in college and can improve on run blocking
    5. Hawk my question is can he fit in the 3-4?
    6. Cutler....
    7. Ngota a real 3-4 DT
    8. Bunkley reminds me of Robertson when he was coming out(I think he is the same size/speed and is moving up fast on boards)
    9. V Young best potential out of the QB's
    10 V Davis great player but not an impact postion unless you think he will be top 3 TE the next 10 yrs.... M Huff is my honarble mention