Your 2018 NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Dec 10, 2017.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Attach Turd to the next rocket to the moon, this is how bad it has become here, singing his praise for playing a 38 yr old QB for 13 games and finishing 5-11

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

We are 1 loss away from the 5th pick in the draft and I suspect that we are going to close out the season with losses the rest of the way. It’s important to lock up a good draft position to ensure we have a realistic shot at addressing qb. As for Bowles, he flat out isn’t a great coach. Bad at clock management, bad in game awareness, conservative game plan, we can go on and on.

I’m hoping mike Francesa is wrong but he said today on his show that he spoke to macc last week since he was at the game and said that Bowles would be back. I wonder if 4 blow out losses to close out the season would change Chris Johnson’s mind. Bowles is not an elite HC and my fear is that if you resign him and then fire him next season it would be a waste of time and screw up development of whoever we may draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Bowles will be back. Maybe we should just bring back Sanchez, Anthony Becht, Revis and Schottenheimer too. At least then we could be comically bad.
    I think I'm gonna take my season ticket money for next season and build a cool man cave, from which I can enjoy college football next season in style. Yea, that's the ticket....

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Bowles is similar in many ways to Mike Tomlin in Pittsburgh. A defensive coach who has a pretty bad defense since he took over. The problem for Bowles: He doesn't have a Hall of Fame Quarterback like Big Ben, Top WR like Brown and Top RB like Bell. Tomlin on the Jets would have them around 5 wins right now and Bowles on the Steelers would have around 11 wins right now. So talent does matter. However, intelligent fans can see all the errors Bowles makes that should be common sense. That is why many don't want him back. Rightfully so.

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

so 1 game means the whole season?
    just a week ago
    QB Mccown 331 yards
    RB avg 3.31 sucks still but w/e
    Rec both anderson and kearse topped 100 combining for 264 yards

6. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Mike Tomlin is not a zombie on the sidelines either. Last night he gave Cam Heyward an earful with those eyes bulging out of his skull as Heyward came to the sideline. I love coaches like that who wear thier heart on thier sleeve, yet they're not out of control.

#26 playtowinthegame, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Don't forget to bring back the two media darling JAGs Matt Forte and Austin Sefarian Jenkins.

Josh Mccown at 39 will age like a fine wine.

Encore ENCORE!!!!

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You are what your record shows. You're right I'm not a big stats guy but what I hate is inconsistency and not having a team prepared. There is no excuse for that. Law of averages say you will win some games you shouldn't and lose some games you should win. But in either scenario your team should have some resemblance of execution. That comes from a coaching staff.

9. boozer32

He might surprise us and fire Bowles. I believe you were right about Woody and how he wouldn't do anything. Chris might be more engaged and have a clue about what he expects from a team. Then again we can always hope Bowles just flat out quits.

10. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I still suspect that Woody ultimately is going to have a say in the decisions made for the Jets but I do think that going 3 years with no playoffs and assuming we lose the rest of the way and get blown out doing so, both the johnson bros may be compelled to make a move at HC.

boozer32 likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

and the pats just lost to the fins on monday night. shit happens. are you saying belichick is a bad coach and didn't have his team ready?

12. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Oh. I thought you were talking about the 2018 Jets who overall performed better than expectations, not the Jets from one single cherry picked game. Do we really want them to be winning at this point? I'm hoping they lose out so they aren't completely out of drafting a 1st round QB.

13. boozer32

We all know he is a bad coach. Brady just makes him look competent.

14. boozer32

I sure hope so. Eventually they have to get it right. Sticking with bad coaches is the worst and we have a bad coach right now.

ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.