Your 2018 NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Dec 10, 2017.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

HC Todd "Unprepared" Bowles
    QB McCown 46 yards total passing
    RB 2.6 avg
    Rec 60 yards TOTAL

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

What do you want?

This is what happens when mediocre teams have bad games.

Jake, TonyFtLaud, FJF and 2 others like this.
  3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This was not "a bad game." This was a team that was completely unprepared to play in every aspect of the game, playing a bad team on an 8-game losing streak, and getting totally embarrassed. That is 100% on the coaching staff.

4. statjeff22

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

After last week you had people wanting McCown extended and Bowles now this week they're wanting them both gone, there's can't be another organization with a bigger bipolar Whine ass fan base out there.

TonyFtLaud and Mogriffjr like this.
  6. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Who wanted him extended? If they did, I’m sure it was as a backup. No one in there right frame of mind would take as a starter at 39 years old.

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Forget about the records, Denver's D is vastly superior to our offense and that showed today. It's really that simple.

TonyFtLaud, FJF and legler82 like this.
  8. statjeff22

Hardly. The people who want Bowles fired are completely different people from the ones who wanted him extended. There is no such thing as the opinion of "the fan base"; there are opinions of individual fans. Speaking for myself, I have never wavered from wanting Bowles replaced and not wanting McCown to play. I expect that the people who support Bowles and McCown haven't changed their opinions at all either.

9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I’ve been waiting for one of these games all season because I don’t think I’ve ever really bought into this jets team. Our o line got mauled and was simply outplayed by a much better opposing defensive line. Bowles coached scared and again displayed that he had absolutely no idea what the fuck he’s doing with clock management. Josh is hurt and his o-like got him murdered out there and if they don’t improve quickly petty may follow suit. The entire team was bad today and when your team is bad it exposes other weaknesses. Bowles deserves credit for his team playing better than expectations but simply put, this jets team is not a well coached bunch and he coaching scared means he won’t last long either.

Simply put, we are probably going to lose these 3 next games. Our draft position will be competitive enough where we will be in position to draft a QB.

Chris Johnson best think long and hard about who he wants coaching this franchise QB. And it’s not just qb but the entire team. We don’t know how to win as a team, nor do we handle success well. That showed up today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

Preparation and Adjustments, this coaching staff has neither, you can’t come down and be dominated by Tampa Bays and 8 game losing streak Denver, if the game due to not being prepared does not start well you have to try something different, blitzes, different zones, end around flea flickers ANYTHING when you are on your way to 100 yards total offense for a game.
    The end of the first half wasting 3timeouts while having a grand total of 0 points with 1minute left in the half portrays a lack of being capable to adjust during a game, either force him to wake up or get rid of him.

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Thank you.... I didn't see the KC game but for me it doesn't matter. I have seen enough of this team being unprepared, the missed assigmments, etc.

boozer32 likes this.
  12. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Is there ANYONE that still supports giving Toilet an extension? This should be the easiest decision you'll ever make.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  13. boozer32

Last week they were playoff bound.

14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Absolutely, this was a classic bad match-up. What today also proved is that the offense, sadly enough, is the strength of the team. If they struggle, the team has no shot. Bowles' defense can't stop a nose bleed.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. boozer32

How do you explain our defense. We draft defense every year yet can't stop anyone. The disconnect is Bowels is a imbecile and Rodgers is even worse. I agree about Denver D. But it should not change the fact that Jets were no coach well today or competitive. Being flat and unprepared should not happened for 4 quarters. Maybe for 4 plays but you should adjust to things. The Jets always seems to lose these type of games.

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

we have no pass rusher and haven't had one since Abraham left god knows how long ago

17. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

The defense didn't play too poorly today, they got left hanging by the O. On the year our biggest issue is the lack of a consistent pass rush. It's one thing if the D was just all around bad but if you watch them you can clearly see where the deficiencies lie. It's up to the front office to continue fixing the team up.

18. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I've wanted Bowles gone since last year, and today did nothing but strengthen that position, but he's not going anywhere. The media has been singing his praises all season, and as we all know, the Jets are ultra-conscious about what the media is saying about the organization.

Christopher Johnson is also not going to be looking to rock the boat in his first offseason as the acting owner, so there's really little chance of any change occurring this offseason.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Some media members have echoed the whole "give bowles an extension" thing but he has done absolutely nothing to deserve it.

Bowles has won a total of 7 road games his entire tenure here.....winning culture is not something we can develop under Bowles

20. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The media did that because the same media thought the Jets were at best a 3 win team and would finish last in offense. Apparently 5 wins and a career year by McClown (like Shitz had with the Jets in his 1st year) turns talking head media into believers. That's why you take anything they say with a grain of salt, the media are just a bunch of lemmings.

Denver's D was top 5 in rush D and pass D yds/ per game. Their record was due to their piss poor offense which looked remarkably decent against the Jets D today.

The best result today isn't the potentially improved draft slot its that there were more nails placed in toilets coffin. The wasted time before the half was inexcusable. Any child would know to call a time out with a min left. That Bowles doesn't know this in year 3 and punts when down continually in year 3 tells you the guy hasn't learned jack. He must go.