Your 10 Favorite players in the 2012 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 20, 2012.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Name your 10 favorite players available in the NFL Draft.

Not necessarily players you want on the Jets, even though they could fit with the Jets.

These players should be solid players that you feel won't be busts and will contribute.

Also, pick some early, mid and late Rd players.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

1) Trent Richardson....best RB in 8-10 years
    2) Luke Kuechly........Great instinctive player
    3) David DeCastro.....best OG in a long time
    4) Dont'a HighTower....pure football player, leader, smart, loves football.
    5) Shea McClellin.......relentless!!
    6) Doug Martin......Do it all back...Runs, catches, blocks...love this kid.
    7) Kendall Reyes....possible late rd 1 player...versatile.
    8) Amini Silatolu....can play OG & RT.
    9) BJ Cunningham.....productive player that get's little respect.
    10) Tank Carder......vastly underrated, could be a starter from day 1 if he goes to the right team.

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

In no particular order:

1.Michael Floyd- I think he can be an excellent WR in this league, he needs to go to a team that has an established WR across from him, but he has the hands, speed, size, and blocking ability that fits perfect on any running team in the NFL. I'd absolutely love to have him on the Jets.

2.Trumaine Johnson- Ive been backing him since draft talk started around here. He can be an excellent addition to any defense, especially ours. If he's there in the second I want him on this team.

3.Mohamed Sanu- Another guy who Ive been hyping up since the beginning. He's put up excellent numbers against good teams. He broke Larry Fitzgerald's reception record with a bad group of QBs throwing to him. He's a true #2 WR and can be effective from Day 1.

4.Mike Adams- While I think he can play LT, he is best suited as a RT, and can be a damn good one IMO. I think he's the best RT prospect in this draft next to Reiff. He can be solid out of the gate and if put on a decent line, he can become elite. His marijuana test is a bit concerning for sure but I'd love to have him on the Jets.

5.Vontaze Burfict- Yeah yeah yeah I get it, he's a headcase, he's not disciplined, he's lazy, blah blah blah blah blah. I dont care what anyone has to say about him anymore, it has gone overboard. Ive watched this kid play the last two years and each and every game he has impressed me. He is one of the most intense players in college football, solid in coverage, and possesses one of the best motors I have ever seen, he just never stops. He has issues for sure, I'm not oblivious to that, but whichever team takes him will have a stud in a few years.

6.TJ Graham- Many dont know this kid, but get use to his name, I think coming into the league he can be one of the best deep threats out there. He is like lightning on tape, If youre reading this and dont know him watch, you'll be impressed. He has good hands, barely ever goes down after the catch, and is also a great returner. He is completely under the rader and many will pass him, most will regret it.

7. Shawn Loiseau- This kid has the potential to be the next Sean Lee. He never went to a big school like Lee but plays with the same vision and over powering force that Lee does. He needs to polish his game a bit more, maybe sit behind a veteran ILB for a few years, but after that he has the ability to start and be effect. I think he will be one of those guys that people talk about as to how people missed him.

8.Courtney Upshaw- Back to those top players, Upshaw is being faulted left and right, but I still think he is the most complete OLB in this draft. He can rush the passer, stop the run, constantly collapses the pocket, and has great instincts. People need to stop being so critical of him when guys like Ingram have even more questions then he does. I'd love for him to be a Jet at #16.

9.Donta Hightower- Another guy who I think will have a great future in the NFL, he reminds a lot of Lawrence Timmons, just bigger. He is a better ILB then he is an OLB but can play both effectively. He has great vision, is a great field general, and is just as explosive as Burfict. I always over looked him at Bama but that was my mistake, he was one of there top players, and those kind of guys on such a great team you just have to draft.

10. Lamar Miller- I think in the end he will be the second best RB out of this draft, people keep passing on him, and questioning his abilities, but I think he has more definites than questions. Miller has a beyond impressive skillset. He has the vision you want in an NFL back, the strength, the speed, and is one of the best pass catching backs in this draft. Next to Trent Richardson, if I'm looking for a RB in this draft I'd go with Lamar.

#3 JohnnyThaJet, Apr 20, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  4. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Andrew Luck
    Trent Richardson
    Michael Floyd
    Melvin Ingram
    Lamar Miller

Coby Fleener
    Chandler Jones
    Trumaine Johnson
    David DeCastro
    Dont'a Hightower

5. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

RGIII- Absolutely electric player, seems like the most likeable guy ever

Mo Claiborne- Mainly cause he's my LSU guy. I just remember thinking back to his sophomore year and thinking he could be a better cornerback than PP7. Also recall people on this board dumping on me saying he wasnt a first round corner. (No hard feelings) :beer:

Trent Richardson-Just an absolute monster

Justin Blackmon- Another monster, love his competitiveness. The most underrated quality of wideouts is toughness

Michael Floyd-Great athlete, well rounded player

Vontaze Burfict- Good athlete, gotta be coached but has intensity you cant teach

Jerry Franklin-If Franklin were a better athlete he would go much higher, he makes the most out of his physical tools

Alshon Jeffery-Guy is a football vaccum, you throw it at him and he will catch it

David Wilson- For a guy who relies so much on speed, he has great balance

Cordarro Law-Just an awesome name

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Upshaw - say what you want about his workouts, but he shows up on film. He'll make a good 34 olb.

Decastro - a can't miss guard who can do it all

Richardson - a beastly, complete running back

Floyd. - has every thing you want in a number one wr.

Peter Konz - can start at center from day one and make your line calls. Big time stud on the interior of your line.

Alshon Jeffery - big, catches the ball away from his body, and productive in the sec. He'll become a good possession receiver / red zone threat.

Harrison smith - not a dynamic safety at the nfl level, but will be a solid starter.

Billy Winn - should become a solid 5t guy with some pass rush ability.

Nick toon - size, speed, hands, bloodlines. Never will be a stud, but a solid 2nd/3rd type.

Ronnie hillman - very good change of pace guy at the nfl level.

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Robert Griffin III
    Courtney Upshaw
    Mark Barron
    Trent Richardson
    Mark Barron
    Melvin Ingram
    Michael Floyd
    Chandler Jones
    Harrison Smith
    Luke Kuechely

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Luck
    Floyd
    RGIII
    Kuechly
    Ingram
    Upshaw
    Barron
    Blackmon
    Toon
    LaMichael James

9. Sir

Sir New Member

Nick Perry- My prospect crush.
    Michael Floyd- Have rated as #1 receiver in draft
    Trent Richardson- Stud.
    Josh Robinson- Not just a workout warrior.
    TJ Graham (JTJ I aswell LOVE Graham)- Will be a legit deep threat.
    Brock Osweiler- Will be better than Tannehill if given the right chance.
    TY Hilton- Slot, returns, deep threat, does it all.
    Mike Martin- Gives it his all. Strong as hell.
    Stephon Gilmore- Was on the bandwagon before being on the bandwagon was cool.
    Davin Meggett- underrated.

10. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

Trent Richardson
    Mark Barron
    Donta Hightower
    Trumaine Johnson
    Whitney Mercilus
    Stephen Hill
    Dontari Poe
    Morris Claiborne
    Melvin Ingram
    Chris Rainey

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Trent Richardson- The Beast. My favorite player in the draft and at my favorite position... He’ll have a great career.

Doug Martin- My #2 Rb, and one of my favorite players in the draft. he can do everything you want and would love him on this team, but doubt he makes it to 47. Just a great player.

Juron Criner- A lost receiver in a very deep class, but someone I believe can succeed in the league and has some of the best hands in the class.

Miles Burris- A player that was all over the field at SDSU- chasing down receivers, sacking the QB or tackling the RB behind the LOS. Love his motor... I think he could play inside or outside in the future while being a huge special teams contributor.

David DeCastro- You know...

Derek Wolfe- Love this kid, and someone is gonna get a great player in the mid rounds... Although I am hearing some early round love and that he could make an Tyson Alualu like appearance on day 1.

Melvin Ingram- Love his athleticism, but only like him on a 3-4 defense where he’s moved around (aka here).

Russel Wilson- If someones looking for the next great short QB... You could very well have your answer here. All the intangibles- smart, great leader, mentally tough... If he wasnt short, I think he would easily be the #3 QB in this class. He played behind the biggest OL in the nation and his height didnt affect him much, if he’s given a shot, he could be a very good player.

Brandon Boykin- just a football player that can contribute in all areas.

Ryan Broyles- Was once the 3rd ranked WR in the class... Could possibly be the next great slot receiver in the NFL. GREAT hands, reliable receiver and very good route runner with sufficient speed.

12. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Luke Kuechly, LB Boston College- Just a great, pure linebacker. Fantastic in coverage, aggressive tackler, and a true leader on the field. His ceiling is Urlacher, but I want to say his floor is Urlacher too. I can't see him not being a great player.

Cordy Glenn, OL Georgia-
    Athletic, tough, and proven both inside and out. There's a lot that this kid can do, and I wouldn't limit him and say that there's a position on the line besides center that he can't play. Plus, he did it against some great DEs.

Nick Perry, DE/LB USC-
    Any team looking for a prototype 34 OLB will want this kid. I could care less if he wanted to be a 43 end or a ballerina, he's got the body and skill set of Terrell Suggs. Motor and physicality link with athleticism nicely.

Shea McClellin, DE/LB-
    The most developed LB skills in the pack of 34 OLB prospects, McClellin is also a very quick, athletic passrusher. He'd be ready to contribute right away, and I could see him being a major player inside or out.

Stephen Hill, WR Georgia Tech-
    I love that so many people write him off as a workout warrior. He's big, fast, strong, and has so much natural receiver talent, it's scary. I'm not sure that anyone in the class outside of Jeffery plays the ball better in the air, and that's a dangerous thing considering the speed he brings to the table.

George Iloka, S Boise State-
    Tall, rangy safety that might not be a great, fundamental tackler, but packs a lot of punch as a hitter. Iloka is aggressive in run support/in defense of the short pass, which is the most important thing. You can teach tackling consistency, but not the willingness to make plays.

Greg Childs, Arkansas WR-
    I feel very comfortable saying that if not for the injury, he'd be thought of as the 2nd or 3rd best receiver in the draft class. Big, fast, tough, great hands, and a strong blocker, if his health checks out and he seems mentally over the injury, there's no reason not to take him.

Nate Potter, OT Boise State-
    I've said it all over, but a year ago I really thought he was a carbon copy of Nate Solder. Solder proved to be a lot tougher/stronger than I thought, but I think Potter can mirror that as well, especially with his massive frame.

Nigel Bradham, LB Florida State-
    Tough, violent inside linebacker. He'll go to a team like the Steelers and be a complete monster, especially playing next to a very similar player/fellow Nole like Lawrence Timmons.

Frank Alexander, DE/LB Oklahoma-
    Of all the late round 34 OLB prospects, Alexander should be everyone's favorite. He looks like he has every tool to be a good player, though no aspect of his game is going to make him a star. I'm not sure why he's so lowly rated with the skills he has.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Trent Richardson (RB, Ala) - favourite player in the draft

Mark Barron (S, Ala) - went off him early and now have come full circle and would be happy to take him

Jared Crick (DE, Nebraska) - someone is going to get a real steal here I think

Mitchell Schwartz (OT, Cali) - would be my favourite player for the Jets to take in the 3rd round (unlikely he lasts that long) would be happy if they took him in the second

Nick Toon (WR, Wisconsin) - for obvious reasons

Devon Wylie (WR, Fresno State) - if we didnt already have Kerley I would be happy to get this guy

Matt Merletti (S, North Carolina) - i would be happy for the Jets to use one of their 6/7 round picks in this guy, he could be well worth the small risk

Vick Ballard (RB, Mississippi State) - if he was there in the 5th I would be happy to take him

Danny Trevathan (OLB, Kentucky) - late round pick with potential

Brandon Taylor,(S, LSU) - I am hoping that that he is one of the Jet's picks.

#13 JetsUK, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

In no particular order

Juron Criner, WR Arizona - saw this kid play in high school so obviously having those Vegas roots wants to see him succeed.

David DeCastro OG Stanford - Might be the best OL in the draft when it is all said and done.

Nick Toon WR Wisconsin - Toooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!

Coby Fleener TE Stanford - Looks like he could be an awesome offensive weapon with the right team

Miles Burris LB SDSU - Has a motor that is always going, I think he's a playmaker

RGIII QB Baylor - Seems like such a likable kid and somebody you have to root for. Smart and well spoken.

Shawn Loiseau LB Merrimack - This kid has Patriots written all over him and turning into their starting LB for the next 8-10 years

Doug Martin RB Boise St - Probably the 2nd best RB in the draft

Jeff Adams OT Columbia - Ivy League Sleeper, last Columbia player drafted was Marcellus Wiley

Adrien Hamilton OLB Prairie View A&M- We had him going in the 7th in our mock but my bet is he is going within the 1st 4 rounds based on the boom potential. Strikes me as a Robert Mathis clone, he even broke Mathis's single season sack record and they played in the same conference.

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Shea McClelin - OLB Boise State
    Stephen Hill -WR Georgia Tech
    Alshon Jeffery - WR South Carolina
    Brandon Brooks - OG Miami (OH)
    Mike Martin DT - Michigan
    Trumaine Johnson - S Montana
    Brandon Taylor - S LSU
    Billy Winn DE - Boise State
    Ryan Steed CB/S - Furman
    Dequan Menzie - CB Alabama

16. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I'll leave out the Bama guys so I don't show my obvious bias toward them, but I will say that Trent Richardson has been a joy to watch in person for 3 seasons and 30 games in person :)

in no particular order:
    Danny Trevathan, LB the guy has a nose for the ball, despite playing on a bad team. If he were 2 inches taller, he'd be in the 2nd round

Ryan Broyles, WR very good player, slowed by the injury, but will make a good WR for someone. Maybe not a #1 guy, but never drops the ball, catches everything near him

T.Y. Hilton, WR/KR I saw him play in person and the kid is explosive. He's undersized, so he'll get overlooked to a point, but he's magical with a football in his hands

Russell Wilson, QB exceptional overall athlete, he could very well become the next Drew Brees in the league at his height. Or, conversely, he could be Doug Flutie and never be used properly without going to the CFL

Andrew Luck, QB I just love seeing a cerebral QB who can still make all the throws. I think his coach should be shot for not giving him a shot to win that bowl game, and playing for the FG instead.

Robert Griffin III, QB great story, just seems like a likeable kid who happens to be a superior athlete. I genuinely hope he makes it as an NFL player.

Jared Crick, DE getting lost in the shuffle because of injury but was a dominant pass-rusher before he was hurt.

Ronnie Hillman, RB good change of pace back. I do worry that he was a bit overused in college.

David Decastro, OL Very smart player who seems to excel at all aspects of line play

Michael Floyd, WR I'm glad he got his life on track, because he's a great receiver. It seemed like he could go up and get anything thrown his direction, then fight off players all the way to the endzone if needed.

17. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

1) WR Michael Floyd(ND)- Anyone who has been on this board knows why. I have been on this guy's bandwagon since he was a freshman. He screams stud and superstar, I just can't see what could go wrong from Floyd on the field. The only man who stops Michael Floyd is Michael Floyd. Bares repeating but that's no lie. He's his own worst enemy. I had him as being similar to Dwayne Bowe after his junior year but now I think that's his floor.....he added so much in his senior year, it was an absolute pleasure to watch this man go to work.

I would cry if he became a Jet, no joke. And if he became a Bill/Phin/Pat....it'd ruin my whole draft.

2) RB Chris Polk(UW)- Another guy I have a great feeling on and if he would ever falter, it would be due to his own doing. He's a round 2 talent that will fall sadly to round 3 or round 4 but I would be so happy if the Jets snatched him up. Love his running style, his ability to juke off defenders and his overall vision. He's gonna be a big time producer and a staple in fantasy football for years to come.

He won't be better than Trent Richardson but I think Polk will be right behind him out of this class.

3) S Harrison Smith(ND)- Yeah I know what you're thinking..."Go figure, he picks another Irish guy"....but this guy plays with such balls and is always apart of big time stops, whether its a tackle or a pick. He's a taller less injury prone Jim Leonhard...which is scary. Whoever gets him will love him.

4) LB Luke Kuechly(BC)- Picture what Mark Hazerlich was prior to his bone cancer....that's what Luke will be. Yes very, very, very scary. He put on a tackling clinic vs the Irish and nearly willed the depleted Eagles team to victory.

5) WR Mohammed Sanu(RUT)- I am far from a Knights fan but even I was impressed with the catches Sanu would make. Few times he'd make a remarkable highlight reel catch that would make you go wow. If Floyd's gone, I wanna see Sanu as a Jet in round 2...not just because I like him but also to see Ray Lucas get the pom-poms up in the Jets draft show.

6) WR BJ Cunningham(MSU)- Hate to give a Spartan his due but Cunningham was so underrated and would constantly make catch after catch. Someone on **** made the comparison of BJ to Cotchery and I love that. He's never gonna wow you anywhere but he's an "ol' reliable" type that is consistent. He killed the Irish time and time again.

7) OG Brandon Washington(MIA FL)- Made sure I got him in both 7 rders....Washington just screams 10+ year starter at guard. Guy may not have a huge ceiling but he can step in for a team on day 1 and be a key cog. He will be very, very reliable.

8) RB/WR/ST Chris Rainey(FLA)- Real boom or bust guy. I don't know if he will figure it out as an every down guy but I love him as a gadget type of player. Kinda reminds me of Leon Washington in a sense, though maybe not quite as good all around. He will add so much versatility to whoever gets him. Kinda like the Jets Joe McKnight too with the blocking punts/returns/running from backfield. Teams will enjoy doing an end around to Rainey for sure. Sonofagun is QUICK.

9) QB Andrew Luck(Stan.)- I know its cheating to have the No.1 overall pick here but lets just say I am glad he is out of Stanford. Dude was an Irish killer and he didn't even go insane stat wise too. I think he will be money from day 1 in the NFL and the Colts will be so lucky to get Luck. Tough to really put a good comparison to him but I see a more athletic Sam Bradford without the health concerns if someone put a gun to my head to say something.

Now we need to get rid of both Robert Woods and Matt Barkley after 2012....two other notorious Irish killers.

10) OLB Miles Burris(SDST)- I will echo what two others have said....this guy has such a motor and doesn't care what happens to his body. Don't know if he'll have much of a life shelf BUT boy as a special teamer and a 3rd down pass rusher, fans will love this guy's intensity. Got him in round 7 in our draft but he may go a round higher. If a Jet, he's replace Westerman and then some.

#17 BakerMaker, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  18. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Michael Floyd WR ND (I believe to be a Larry Fitzgerald lite)
    Melvin Ingram OLB South Carolina (what James Harrison's good seasons were like)
    David DeCastro G Stanford (the guy who could not possibly end up with a mediocre career)
    Courtney Upshaw OLB Alabama (the guy I hope we pick - has been unfairly downgraded after a solid career playing 3-4 OLB)
    Nick Perry OLB USC (the guy who could be the next great dominant 3-4 OLB if he wanted to but has Gholston potential as well).
    Kelechi Osemele OT/OG Iowa St. (size & strength and good attitude --- I think this kid will be a great O-lineman).
    Mitchell Schwartz OT Cal (the blue-collar lunchpail guy wins again despite being outshined in the PAC-10 by the draftnik favorites of Kalil & Jonathan Martin).
    Winston Guy Jr. S Kentucky (solid play during games in the SEC doesnt help average #s in the combine & workouts).
    Andrew Datko OT FSU --- (very eager to see if this kid has put his shoulder problems behind him)
    Sean Richardson S Vanderbilt (see Winston Guy explanation – except this guy blew the #s out at the combine).

19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

1. Tank Carder

2. Lamar Miller

3. Justin Blackmon

4. Nick Perry

5. RG III

6. Ryan Broyels

7. Michael Brockers

8. Dont'a Hightower

9. Vinny Curry

10. Dewayne Allen