You think Pats fans are cocky?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by ShutEmDownRevis, Jan 15, 2008.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

My problem with the NE fan base is the enabling and excuse mongering aspect of it. Just admit how and what it is. The recent rabble about Wilfork's "accidental" eye-poke. C'mon, are you kidding me, or what?

Every team has their share of dirty plays and dirty players, but if you're dirty, just say it. As much as I will always hate the Oakland Raiders, at least they were honest as to their purposeful sc*mbaggery.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

As I am rooting for the Bolts I have to say while I don't mind a lil dance after a play for LT to cry like a bitch that players are copying their dances is disturbing and more childish than the dances themselves.

So LT, You can dance after 1 play but there is no dancing after an actual win?

Just STFU and play bro. The Dance after the win is the best dance you can do.

3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I have to admit, the Chargers do talk much trash for a team that has not accomplished much beyond the regular season.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Tomlinson's point was not that the Patriots were dancing, it's that they were mocking their opposition. When the game is over you need not pull shit like that. It is classless and unprofessional.
    Patrick Johnson mocking the Falcons during a 10-3-99 game, Rodney Harrison mocking the Eagles during Super Bowl 39 and Terrell Owens mocking Ray Lewis during a 10-31-04 game are different because they ocurred during games.
    Perhaps you do not, but I make a huge distinction between pulling this shit during games and pulling it after games. When a game is over that is when you shake hands with your opposition and act with some sort of decorum.

5. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

There is just a problem that other fans have (I’ll admit it -- myself included) when their team is unable to achieve the level of perfection that the PATS have done. From the top down, the organization deserves credit for instilling a new comprehensive thought program of forgetting about past successes & always focusing on the present task at hand -- the game, the half, the quarter,…right down to the individual plays. They have broken down & rewritten the standards of excellence & performance. The old “oh, well…..we can’t win them all” is gone. They have raised the bar. Most teams win a Super Bowl & then slack off the next year. The PATS don’t do that. To make things worse, they just make everything look so easy. Nobody likes to see perfection - even in one’s own personal life.

The issue here is whether or not the PATS are good winners. In my book they are not. I’ve never seen such an insecure team. These guys do not compare at all to the Chicago Bulls who won a TON of championships back in the day & did it w/class. After they beat the Chargers last year, the PATS did that stupid Merriman dance & celebrated on the center of the SD field. After they beat the Cowboys, they were eating popcorn on the sidelines, a la Terrell Owens. I remember back vs. the Eagles in the Super Bowl, that idiot Vrabel doing the TO Eagles/wings/chicken dance or whatever you call it after he caught a TD pass. I think Merriman is a jerk…..I think TO is a jerk……but I still can’t explain why the PATS are so obsessed with what other teams/players say or do. I respect guys who could care less what their opponent thinks or says ---- they understand that all they can control is their own play & performance.

Along with Bill Walsh, I think that Belichick is the best coach in NFL history. But I always say a fish rots from the head first & Belichick strikes me as the insecure kind of guy. He seemed hell bent on running up the score as often as he could for the rest of the season after the spy gate thing almost as a way of “getting back” at everyone. I don’t think the PATS won games because they were spying. They just got caught trying to play by their own rules & got punished for it.

By the way, PATS fans should thank God for Moss & Welker coming over to help make that offense as perfect as it is to win all the games --- if it had to rely on the D, they’d be a dead duck. Its funny that its usually the guys on the D acting like the jerks most of the time.

6. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

That was timed well.

7. Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi Banned

I disagree. The Pats don't talk trash BEFORE the game. Their behavior AFTER the game is a direct result of the opponent's taunting and trash talking leading into the game.

Hey, if you are going to taunt and talk trash, that's fine. If you don't back it up, be prepared to eat crow. That's all the Pats do. They don't BEGIN the taunting and trash talking...but they make sure those that do eat crow when they don't back it up.

I see nothing wrong with that. As for celebrating during the game, I actually wish the league would lighten up about that stuff. I think it's fun, and I LOVE seeing these guys getting in each other's face and jacked up playing against each other.

Hey, if you're going to dish it out, I have NO PROBLEM with it....just don't be a bitch about it when you lose and get diss'ed. If you can dish, you better be able to take some diss'ing.. Be a man, for Chrissakes.

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Where did I write that I thought they did?

I'll respond to the remainder of your post once you answer that question.