You see this team making the play offs?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 16, 2018.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The Jets were quietly a very good home team last year.

3 wins against playoff teams (JAX, KC, BUF), stomped MIA and hung tight against NE, ATL, and CAR (3 more playoff teams). Screw the SD game since they weren’t using an NFL QB, although they still kept it one possession.

That’s 4-4 despite playing 6 playoff teams, and they easily could’ve won the 4 they lost. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them win 6 Home games this season especially with a re-energized fan base.

The question is whether they can win on the road, which has been a massive issue under Bowles.

CotcheryFan and FJF like this.
  2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

There has been absolutely no movement to replacement. None. Talking heads all have said he shouldn't go anywhere and the owner has said the same. I sit in the stands and pretty much no ones says it where I sit. A couple of Internet fans who want every HC after two seasons doesn't really count.

Walt White likes this.
  3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Ugh, love this logic. What should we have been if we didn't piss games away shooting ourselves in the foot vs the Pats, Falcons, Dolphins etc? Those don't count, lol, just the games you want to take away from the Team as if they really don't count. Reminds me when fans argue that the QB should have had 5 ints in a game they threw 1 in.

And that doesn't take into account we had the ultimate Jag playing QB the last 3 games where we should have won two of those games

#103 LF911SC, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    CotcheryFan likes this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Are you going to add the win over the cheating cunts back on, we did beat them but it wasn't in the script so we got cheated out of it in a not overly subtle fashion.

5. BamaDoc

BamaDoc Active Member

I don't see the playoffs. I would like to see good health, development in our QB yet a draft pick high enough that some team needing a QB finds us. Draft seems to have edge rushers and LT prospects. Two of each and a young rb would be nice.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not entirely true. Under Bowles the Jets have gone 12-12 at home at 8-16 on the road. But on average NFL teams win 57-60% of home games and 40-43% of road games. https://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/1/...e-record-and-division-rivalries-play-into-nfl Let's say it's 58.5% of home games and 41.5% of road games. Which means that the Jets have performed 14.5% below expectations at home and 19.7% below expectations on the road. So there's a difference but it's pretty small. Though we did suck on the road last year.

7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

The drop off last year on the road may have coincided with the youth movement. Typically younger inexperienced players don't do as well on the road, especially lesser role players. They have to learn how to win to begin with, and experiencing the pitfalls to overcome them on the road out of their comfort area is difficult.
    Hopefully the experience gained by the young guys the last couple of years helps all of them improve and then the team as a whole as well.

8. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

No I don't see it this year unless several players are able to play above projections. And for the long term success of the team it would be very beneficial to have another top 10 pick next year while Darnold gets some exposure this year ala Wentz & Goff. I think next year is the first of many playoff appearances. Next years draft is supposed to be deep in edge rushers and OL. We could conceivably address both picks early next draft and significantly improve the team in addition to all the FA $$$.

CotcheryFan likes this.