You People Blaming Fitz are Ridiculous

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 27, 2015.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I don't get how you can hate on the middle throw. Fitz got it spiked with a second left, not his fault a penalty ended the game.

2. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

1st quarter, 1st and 10 from the Pats 40, Fitz goes deep to Decker, over 35 yards in the air. Led Deck, but the defender got a hand on the ball and tipped it away. Good throw, but good play by the defender. He can throw deep.

3. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

My only gripe is that he could have had 2-3 shots at the Hail Mary had it not been for that play. Even if the spike worked out that's only 7 yards closer and only 1 attempt at the Hail Mary.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Fitzpatrick had a decent game, led sustained time consuming drives that kept Brady on the sideline.

Geno Smith? A stupid decision here, a stupid decision there and eventually the overworked defense gets gassed. NE 37-10.

Was the $600 worth it Mr. "Killing it in Training Camp?" Screw that scatterbrain.

#1044 joe, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    june19 likes this.
  5. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

All I know is that they can't all be back shoulder throws.

RexontheBeach likes this.
  6. Will

Will Well-Known Member

What ever you think of Fitz we need to look at his play and put in perspective.

Houston who traded him are after cutting Mallett and feeling really bad about letting him go - likely to cost either the GM or Coach or both their job(s)

When Sanchez was the QB I regularly worried about every second throw expecting a pick - I don't with Fitz.

Would like to see a big lead and look at Geno before season end to get a feel for if he has a future here.

During the game on Sunday there were times when I really felt that the Jets had turned the corner and we would win - rarely felt that before. Realise that we have not quite gone that far but we are tantalisingly close.

Bottom Line - who here thinks we picked Houston's pocket and got a bargain - not a bad return on our investment and while he is not Manning or Brady he is more than serviceable and we should go to the playoffs - given how I felt through most of last season as compared to this I will take that EVERY DAY. I now look forward to seeing us play and more than probably win rather than bumble and fumble our way to a 4-12 season.

june19 likes this.
  7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am as big a Fitz fan as anybody but he is a game manager and we can't expect him to bring us back when we get behind late like a Brady can. If we had even decent coaching we would have won that game.

june19 likes this.
  8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

it's too bad the jets don't smarten up and just hire don already. we'd obviously be a lock for the division.

9. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Fitz says his arm maxes out at about 30 yards..... well, at least he's honest. That was about Pennington's range.