You People Blaming Fitz are Ridiculous

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 27, 2015.

1. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

It doesn't really make a lot of sense to complain about Fitzpatrick because we knew what he was when the Jets signed him. He's a marginal QB with very little arm talent. Geno has a better arm, but isn't nearly as smart as Fitzpatrick. If I had to pick between the two who I trust more, it would be Fitzpatrick. He knows what his limitations are. Geno doesn't.

Having said that, I'd rather start Geno because he has more upside and it's time to see what more he has,

I noticed the 49ers are in a similar boat. Colin Kapernick has a great arm, but he makes questionable decisions.
    But his backup, Blaine Gabbert, is limited.

Bottom line, there is a lot of bad QB play in the NFL.
    There are no quick solutions right now.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Fitz has done his job but he was the backup going in and hasn't done anything amazing to stay....that's my problem

Geno was out playing him day in and day out in camp.....so much so that there wasn't even a real battle at the time

What changed? We got 2 wins? TEN TURNOVERS WILL DO THAT

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  3. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I never said ALL QB's end up good after 2 years. I can see you guys really don't have a clue.

4. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

People keep saying how smart Fitz is. I'm sorry it not smart to keep throwing into triple and double coverage. He just lucky he hasn't been pick more. Now has Geno done that yes but he young Fitz is a Vet.

edray10 and Get me the Damn Ball like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

3 straight games with an int. the pitchforks and torches would be out if this was geno
    even at 2-1

6. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

The QB touches the football every single play, he is ultimately the most responsible for the offense, Fitz didn't miss "a few passes" he missed about 150 yards of offense and multiple TD's with wide open receivers and had two INT's, tough to overcome that. Not saying other players didn't factor in the loss, but in this case Fitz was the obvious one responsible. This wasn't a game where the Qb plays to a high qbr but they lose for other reasons. Fitz was in fact really bad, and he killed the team today, that's obvious.

Dreadmadseen and socaljetfan like this.
  7. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

A backup. We knew he was a somewhat decent backup QB. The complaint is that we're not putting him in the best position to succeed (on the bench, where backups belong). That's actually not fully true, as we'll see if Geno is back after the bye. But Fitz should not be considered "our guy". He's not good enough. At that point you roll the dice on Geno and it's a win-win. You either get a better player or a better draft pick.

If he knows his limitations why does he keep underthrowing deep balls? He could easily have twice the interceptions on the season. Fitz is actually a worse decision maker than Geno when it comes to throwing the ball. Really the only thing Fitz is better at is reading the defense pre-snap and knowing the playbook.

No quick solutions, but alternatives with opportunity that should be considered. Geno needs to play, play well, and use his FUCKING LEGS and open up this run game from the spread. Our run blocking is atrocious. You get a bomb or two to Devin Smith to pull the safeties back, bootleg fake to the outside with Ivory cutting back, now you got a ball game. This dink and dunk shit maybe works if you can sustain drives and not turn the ball over. But that's just not the team we have. We can be every bit as good as Buffalo on offense if we put our players in position to succeed.

8. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I know it sounds crazy to some Jet fans but I really want to see Geno get a shot with the new weapons and in this spread offense....He has had some games and has made plays that Fitz just isn't capable of, plain and simple. Now his lows were REALLY LOW but he was always going to be a project type QB....His last game played he threw for a perfect QBR, I know the game didn't count or whatever people want to say

Just think of Geno's rookie year and the absolute garbage we were running out at WR...imagine Fitz was the QB of that team....Is there any way we go 8-8?

9. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

right and Fitz who had 55 turn overs in his first 40 games started in addition to 68 turn overs after that point...but the different is Fitz still gets a chance to play. such bias

10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

It's not our call. Fitz will start next week and they probably will use the bye week to get Geno ready. The league knows Fitz well and he can only take the team so far. If they like what they see of Geno in practice he will surely get the nod soon. They need someone to throw the deep ball to open up the running game and Fitz is not able to do it well. You do not have to be a football coach to see that Fitz is physically limited. Whether you like the move or not Geno will be behind center sooner rather than later.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Full team effort in the loss including the CS.
    We looked like a team that was in the 2nd game of a double header, just no "umph" at all.

Re-group and beat a HORRIBLE Miami team and we go into the bye week 3-1.
    I think anyone would have signed up for that in the offseason .

On a side note, Tannehill got $98 million from Tannenbaum lol.
    Dear GOD how does that guy still get to do contracts.

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

His team was down 24-0 and he brought them back and that was in a passing situation where he threw 58 passes. Pretty hard not to get picked off with those kinds of plays and not all of the picks were his fault. And the team actually had a chance with a minute left in the game to run plays until Coples took that stupid penalty.

NYJetsO12, jxc and PulseJet like this.
  13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Yeah, no need to worry--we drafted your favorite player Dexter McDougle last year in the 3rd round. I wonder if he'll ever be active for an NFL game.

14. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

yea but how many 3 and outs and inability to move the offense past 10 yards occurred before we were down 24-0....

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

True. The offense was inept in the first half and he was a part of that.

16. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

There's no reason not to make a change late in a game like today's. If Geno creates a spark, we win. It's not like Fitz has never been benched before, he can handle it.

If Geno sucks again, we know what we have. The outcome is only positive for the team. There's no point in waiting, other than hope, hope is not a good game plan.

17. socaljetfan

No, we would've been 3-13 with Fitz, beating only the Bucs (maybe), Raiders and Browns.

And how does that Miami game not count? Geno threw a perfect passer rating with Harvin out and no Marshall against Miami's third string CBs and worse. We put up 37 points.

Fitzpatrick had Marshall, Decker, and Owusu and five turnovers courtesy of our defense and barely mustered 20 points against Colts' 4th string CBs and worse thanks to Marshall dragging the three people covering him into the endzone for a TD on sheer force of will. Anyone saying that Miami doesn't count but thinks Fitz is a "good game manager" can suck a soft penis.

Fitz supporters are almost as bad as the fucking Tebow people.

18. socaljetfan

Idk if you're just trying to jab him or what, but McDougle was active against the Colts, and we don't really need him now that we've stocked CBs but I'm SURE we could have used him last year.

19. mynmisoli

mynmisoli Member

This used to happen on the Bills boards all the time. People blaming everyone except for Fitzpatrick because the rest of the team didn't play well. Even though Fitz is the problem and he will never win more games than he loses in this league. Don't fool yourselves, Fitz = 6 wins or less. Take it from a Bills fan.

Geno007 and socaljetfan like this.
  20. socaljetfan

Won 6 games with the Texans, 6 games about every year he was a Bill, 3 as a Titan.