You People Blaming Fitz are Ridiculous

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 27, 2015.

1. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

2 of our highest paid best defensive players are on the wrong side of 30 in revis and cro

our best offensive player, marshall is over 30

our 2 best lineman are in their 30s

those 5 guys are all older are all among our best player, and all make a ton of money. this is not a super young team skrine, carpenter, and gilchrist are not anchors of a team, them being young is pretty irrelevant.

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

already saw what Genocide can do the last 2 years

FlaJet likes this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

They dare Fitz to beat them and he couldn't plain and simple. The run game wasn't going to happen without ivory.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

4. jerseyjay14

it wasnt going to happen with ivory either. our offensive line got completely dominated.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That being said I agree with the decision to pass. If it's not working it's just not working. It's not like they abandoned it too early.

6. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Teams know Fitz can only throw short to medium routes....if that is what you want to build your offense around.....ok...that said if someone said we would be 2-1 after the first three game everyone of one of us would have taken it gladly.

7. jerseyjay14

we had no choice but to pass once it got late. but it killed us we got nothing on the run. fitz is a game manager. if you put him in 2nd and 3rd and long its not going to be very successful. i didnt need us to run for 150 yards, but the 1 yard gains and losses did not help.

8. jerseyjay14

better then building it around pick sixes with geno.

we arent going to win with a passing offense no matter who is in. if our special teams give sup touchdowns, we cant rush the passer, and we turn it over we wont beat anyone

9. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It was still manageable in the second half and he still struggled. He's not a game manager and jets fans need to understand that about him. He does not play like a game manager hence his high int rate. If he's an NFL qb, he has to be able to play from any down and distance no excuses. If he's only good in Short downs he shouldn't be starting.

10. The people blaming Fitz fall into 1 of 2 categories.

1. They either don't really know football & follow the popular trend of blaming all misfortune on the QB regardless of circumstances

2. They blame Fitz for not being a franchise QB..in other words..able to raise the level of play around him or put a team on his back on a day like today when the bounces aren't going in the team's favor.The Jets haven't had this..well you all know the history...

Kerley Shuffle and joe like this.
  11. BZanZ

BZanZ Active Member

I'm not a believer in fitz he never wow'd me in Buffalo and I think out offended in the first two weeks was a mirage. I think 4 or 5 or fitz scoring drives were on short fields of like 30 yards or less because of all the turnovers we caused.

I think any QB in the league could win games when the D gives you that many opportunities but we will face games where the offence has to create its own field position and I don't think fitz can do that. I have 0 hope every time he throws a bomb, he has a noodle arm and we need someone who can sling it. I can't believe I'm saying this but I want to see smith out there....

... Unless Bryce is ready :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreadmadseen likes this.
  12. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

Don't kid yourself Fitz is no better avoid int's than Geno. ....did you watch the game?

13. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

It just amazing how you people watch the NFL but don't have a clue how it is. Most NFL QB's takes at least 3 years to develop. Plus throw in the fact the Jets had no offensive weapons to talk about. If you people had a clue you would realize that.

Dreadmadseen likes this.
  14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Yeah two INT's and missed wide open receivers all day long, those blaming the QB, you know the guy throwing the ball just don't know their football.

15. 2 ints & a few missed passes=24-17 loss.

Worst day EVER for a QB. I mean forget the 21 other positions on the field or that the running game was non-existent. Bravo for pointing out such deplorable play far beneath NFL quality. Now THAT'S football knowledge.

16. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Who you calling "you people"?

We saw Fitz's ceiling in the first two games and today his limitations were exposed. I don't blame him for the loss as the whole team came out really flat and the Eagles played like a team desperate for a win. We're 2-1, so Fitz is still the starter IMO so long as he doesn't implode.

Fits is not a franchise QB or a long term answer, and I think we will see Geno again if this keeps up. Geno probably isn't a long term answer either, but there is some potential there. Regardless, "people" are going to keep bitching about our QB play until the end of time.

17. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

Yes Fitzpatrick has to take responsibility for the loss - not all of it as we were gashed by Sproles/Mathews - but a decent chunk. Underthrew Devin Smith and missed open WRs. He's also not protecting the football.

This team is built to play with a lead

SouthBayJetsfan4life likes this.
  18. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

So where are you on the whole Sanchez thing?

shonnfrank likes this.
  19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The offensive playcalling was horrid in the first half. Enunwa didn't help..

The non call on holding in the end zone (Marshall) in the second half was grotesque as well.

20. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

but Geno is worse Jesus christ 41 turn overs in 30 games. yeah let's put him in and watch teh ball fly... geno would have done worse in this game then fitz