You People Blaming Fitz are Ridiculous

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

No the answer is to let Geno play and see what he can do with these weapons. If he can't get it done then it time to look for a new QB.

edray10 likes this.
  2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Fitz wasn't good (he was missing high all day and has established a terrible habit of forcing deep throws into double coverage) , but neither was most of the team. We aren't benching an average/slightly below average quarterback for Geno Smith . . . especially not at 2-1.

3. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Fitz is what he is ... which is just below average..... and Geno is garbage. Bryce Petty, well he's got a nice apt in NJ.

4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Much rather see what Geno can do with this defense and offensive weapons/competant coaching staff

Fitz can hold the fort but we won 2 games because of 10! Turnovers....Geno may have been able to hit some deep balls today that Fitz was under throwing every damn time

Fitz is ok and Geno COULD be worse...but I roll the dice and go for the home run.....

All Gas No Shake, edray10 and FJF like this.
  5. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

You're not going to develop the the run and slow the tempo of a game when you're basically down four scores the entire game. When you're down big the running game isn't going to "click". Did you just start watching football?

Oh and Fitz sucks.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Fitz owns his fair share of blame in this one but like I said in the other thread he didn't get a heck of a lot of help. If you want to try objectively plugging in Geno Smith and imagining how we get a win you could realistically see him hitting one of those long balls to Devin Smith that just needed to be out there far enough for him to run under. They're low percentage passes but I believe there were 3 of them where Smith had a step or two and Fitz tried but failed.

What doesn't change by inserting him is Marshall's insane pitch attempt to Cumberland, Marshalls tip up for an INT in the 4th, sproles TD punt return, all the easy drops, the complete lack of blocking on screen passes and poor run game for the second straight week.

So assuming Geno doesn't introduce any of his own errors and does do all the things that allowed us to score, I guess maybe he could have gotten us to even. I don't think you make a change at qb based on I guess maybe he could have gotten us to even assuming he doesn't introduce any of his own errors. But that's just me.

#46 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    Pocket Jet, PulseJet and Red Menace like this.
  7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

You know what the worst part about not having a good quarterback is? It's not the fact that the offense always struggles against good defenses. It's not the fact that it is incredibly frustrating watching errant throws and open receivers who the quarterback never even sees on a weekly basis. It's not even the fact that the team isn't consistently a perennial winner. It's that after EVERY loss, no matter what the circumstances of that particular loss were, no matter where the team is in the standings, there will be people calling for the back up quarterback to play. There really is truth in the cliche that the most popular guy on a team is almost always the backup quarterback.

Brook!, Pocket Jet and Red Menace like this.
  8. Voyevoda117

Voyevoda117 Member

Fitzy wasn't the only reason we lost, but he certainly contributed. I ain't mad at him, dude is a journeyman for a reason....I can't even believe there's discussion on here of putting the Turn Over Machine in. I'd rather pour bleach in my eyes

Pocket Jet likes this.
  9. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Geno was outplaying the hell out of Fitz when they were both healthy in training camp...There wasn't even a competition at the time

Now because Fitz pretty much played like Fitz the last 3 weeks we are going to keep him in the lineup? Just doesn't sit right with me..

Look, Geno can't implode and expect to play but at his best and with a chance to improve, he blows the doors off of what Fitz can do for us

edray10 likes this.
  10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Geno Smith sucks fat cock through a straw.

11. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

we didnt run it well when it was 0-0
    we didnt run it well when it was 3-0
    we didnt run it well when it was 10-0

its not like we ran the ball well and then abondoned it. fitz was bad, he was part of why we lost but not the entire reason. the kick return for a TD and the 2 plays by marshall(the lateral fumble and missing the catch tipping it to the defender for an int) where the 3 plays that killed us

our Dline got dominated as well. we need ot find a way to get pressure

12. jerseyjay14

if he isnt, then the season is over.

13. dr.velociraptor

Most teams don't run the ball great right off the bat when defenses are fresh, it comes later after the D-line is beat up and tired from tackling the backs. We had no option to stick to the run once down 10-0 then 17-0 which happened real quick in the 2nd quarter.

14. jerseyjay14

i dont get why we would ever see geno play again. he is the worst qb in football. i see why fitz is NOT the awnser. but geno gaurantees you wont win games. we would be better off starting quigley at qb

15. jerseyjay14

i dont know, they didnt have much trouble running on us early. and we have had tons of games the past 3-4 years were we establish the run early.

16. dr.velociraptor

No Ivory and down 17-0 real quick made the running game real tough to establish today. If Fitz didn't under-throw wide open receivers on multiple occasions, and Marshall didn't lose his mind on two plays, honestly we win this game walking away. The running game wasn't there but it's not why we lost, special teams and Fitz lost this game.

17. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

With Fitzpatrick starting the season will probably be over before week 8, to be honest .

This is a transition year, anyways.

18. jerseyjay14

it didnt help that our offensive line got dominated. fitz was bad, marshall gave them 2 easy turnovers. but neither of those thigns are reasons why our run game had to suck. fitz missed some passes early, and he isnt going to torch anyone in general. which is why getting a few yards via the run on first or second down is important.

run game was trash, even if they werent a top reason we lost.

literally every unit was to blame. our offensive line got beat, our defensive line got embarassed. just pushed around and laughed at basically. our recievers dropped passes and turned it over in crucial situations. fitz was flat out bad. our pass protection stunk. our special teams was abysmal. our coaching was awul.

we 1000000% deserved to lose

19. jerseyjay14

ill take over in week 8 instead of over in week 4 if geno starts next week.

also, its not a transition year since mac signed a bunch of older win-now players. the transition will be in 1-2 years hwen the old guys move on or need to be replaced

Jets69 likes this.
  20. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

This regime hasn't hitched its wagon to a QB yet (Petty doesn't count yet , at least). Geno and Fitzpatrick are just placeholders until this regime finds their QB via the draft

The only "older" players they signed were Cromartie, who likely won't be on the roster next season, and Revis who is still one of the best at his position. Skrine, Carpenter, and Gilchrist are all young players who have just entered their primes. If we're being honest this team likely isn't going anywhere, unless Geno gets magically hot in January, if we're fortunate enough to make the playoffs .

All Gas No Shake likes this.