You People Blaming Fitz are Ridiculous

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 27, 2015.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

As I've stated in previous posts, whether it's Geno or Fitz, we don't have a QB. Geno hasn't showed anything other than being a turnover machine. Hell, I hope he turns out to be our franchise QB. If the potential was there, don't you think the coaching staff would make him the starter the minute he was healthy? Instead, the coach has stated the opposite.

Jets69 and bandwagon like this.
  2. DanR

DanR Active Member

All I'm saying is with Marshall and Decker, Fitz should look better on offense. We finally got WIDE RECEIVERS guys! So what's going on?

Even in the 2 games we won, our offense looked bad.

Ghost50 likes this.
  3. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

His deep ball may be the reason Geno gets a chance. If Fitz doesn't have the arm strength Devin Smith's deep ball ability will be nullified. He's a possession passer Marshall and Decker are possession receivers.

FJF and hornblower like this.
  4. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

No one is saying Fitz looked bad. He has been in the league many years. He is what he is. This is an offensive league defense only brings you so far. Fitz also only can bring you so far. The coaches and the GM know it. He is a good backup who can keep you in the game most weeks but he can only manage a game. He will not put big numbers on the board. Some weeks you need an offensive explosion. Defense is a second class citizen in the NFL.

5. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I get some defending Fitz on his overall level of play through 3 games, which has at least been league average, but if after today you don't get that we will be seeing Geno at some point this season, you're just blindly defending the guy. Fitz is just not very talented, and his lack of arm strength and physical ability is going to do him in at some point (as it always have). There will be a lot of pressure on Bowles to start Geno after the bye if Fitz struggles again next week.

6. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side we're not stuck with Colin K lolol 5 of 11 33 yds and 4 INT he makes Geno look like a pro bowler and Fitz a hall of famer ha

#26 Jetsfansince95, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  7. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Proven? A guy hasn't proven shit after just 2 years. But a guy has proven a lot in 10 years. 6 teams in 10 years says a lot. A guy who has a problem with ints for 10 years proves a lot.

rscherwin likes this.
  8. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

Great post. I agree with you ... with one slight caveat. --- The existing unknown is whether Geno matured as a QB in the offseason, and the impact playing under Gailey and with a legit WR1 would mean. We all know that Fitzpatrick can manage a game, but won't win with his arm - where Geno for his first 2 years couldn't manage a game.

Geno - if he learns to manage a game, has the potential to win games with his arm.

My $.02 - we stay with Fitzpatrick for now, and when he gets injured or loses a few more like this, we'll see whether we have a QB of the future in geno. Let's remember that Fitzpatrick was the best and only offseason option. Bowles and Mcagnan will need to make a decision on Geno THIS offseason.

KWJetsFan and Pocket Jet like this.
  9. rscherwin

rscherwin Well-Known Member

And another note for Geno bashers -- Colin Kapernick with a great defense and OL goes to the superbowl. With a team like the Jets had last year he's a stinker.

10. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

But he has:
    He has proven he can make the same mental mistakes on the field.
    He has proven that he prefers going to the movies instead of being on time to a team pre-game meeting.
    He has proven he does not know how to show common decency to just pick up a phone and tell someone when he can't keep a commitment. Thus, locker room distraction.
    He has proven that he is not a leader.

...and he did this in just 2 years!

FlaJet likes this.
  11. june19

june19 Active Member

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. KWJetsFan

Fitz is mediocre at best, but he has never turned the ball over 41 times in 2 years. 34 picks, 7 fumbles. 41 in TWO YEARS!!! Geno has proven nothing other than he can turn the ball over at an epic rate.

FlaJet likes this.
  13. KWJetsFan

Agree with everything you said my man.

rscherwin likes this.
  14. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

If we had some resemblance of a competent special teams, Marshall's split personality didn't get in the way with that horrible decision, Coples doesn't suck, Fitz doesn't lose us this game... He wasn't the reason why we lost... He's just not the reason why we were going to win. Some horrible throws, and decisions.. Almost Geno-esque.. It was scary. I was in 304 and when Geno was warming up, people wanted Fitz to get it going because they didn't want to see Geno.. That says a lot.. Fitz wasn't good today, but he wasn't the sole reason why we lost.

15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Coples makes me sick

16. SoulFood

SoulFood Active Member

OK I'll bite. Ryan Fitzpatrick has shown enough to be in the league 10 years. 6 teams in 10 years says to me that every time one team moves on from him, there's another that thinks he's at least worth keeping around. He's not great, but I guarantee you will not see Geno on a roster in 2023.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Coples is out of position. The penalty at the end wasn't due to that but the Jets don't put Coples in the best position to succeed at OLB.

He may be one of those 5 year projects, like Bryan Thomas, however I don't know that the Jets are going to get the benefits of that development if it happens.

18. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Fitz had Devin Smith wide open in the endzone and threw the worst pass ever .....the ball looked like a helicopter crashing.BTW I was impressed with the little I saw from Smith given how much time he has missed

fansince90 and rscherwin like this.
  19. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

What do you call Fitz throwing into double and triple coverage all the time?

rscherwin likes this.
  20. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Not a whole hell of a lot better, but for the time being, he appears to be the best we have until they figure things out. The answer is to obviously draft a franchise QB, and they are not going to resolve this overwhelming need overnight.