Yanks vs Sox, 5/23 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by AMJets, May 23, 2006.

1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Wright only threw 73 pitches, he should be in there for the 6th inning without a doubt. Then in the 7th you could bring in Proctor, but are better off going with Erickson or Villone (it's the bottom of the order, they can get a few outs), and if they struggle that's when you go to Proctor or Farnsworth.

And with RJ going tomorrow, you can't have such a quick hook with Wright when his pitch count is so low, and he is pitching so well.

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Well done by Rivera.

3. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Wright threw only 73 pitches but he wasn't exactly pitching lights out from what I saw (though I admit there was a gap between 8 and 9 while I was watching House.)

Maybe he could have brought in Villone instead of Proctor but if you are ripping Torre for bringing Proctor into the game against Boston you would've been asking for Torre's head on a platter if he brought in Erickson.

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

In a 7-1 game, I definitely wouldn't have had a problem with him going with Erickson. He can't keep on overworking Proctor like he has been. The effects of too much work is already beginning to show.

5. daking231

daking231 Member

Good win tonight and it was needed.... now Unit go out there and shutout the Sox tomorrow!!! LETS GO YANKEES

6. GreenMachine

The Big Unic will go out and pitch a no-no just to piss me off more.......

7. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

A much better effort tonight...Jeter I must say has been flat out amazing...Sheffy back helps without a doubt...

And SLOWLY, Jaret Wright is becoming a decent #4 starter...This was a big step shutting down Boston, hopefully we'll see more sucess out of him...

Rivera was Rivera. Didn't back down from Ortiz and did a fine job.

Now everyone says bean Ortiz...Bean Manny! Him and his sucking himself off for his home-runs is a joke...He hit his shot off Proctor and didn't start trotting for a good 5 seconds, just watching...Bean him.

8. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Can we at least give A-Rod credit for a critical home run in this game? I'm one of his biggest critics, but that was large. I hope he can do it at a more normal rate though.

Good win. Randy tomorrow. I don't wanna watch.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

He has to. He came up in a big spot, and hit a guy who he really isn't that good against in Wakefield. I had to laugh though when he was just looking around for the ball when he smacked it out.

But tonight was good for him in terms of doing something...Now up against a very hittable Matt Clement...

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I tried to watch, but Randy Johnson is so ugly, my eyes starting bleeding. Holy Cr*p, where's the eyewash.

11. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

^ damn jeto... How many bottles of eyewash have you used already...?

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I gave him credit for doing his job, was it critical? No, we were up 4-1 at the time, if it was 4-4 or we were down 4-1 it would have been critical- he was just doing his job and if he keeps doing that we'll all be happy.

Does he put up better fantasy #s? Absolutely but overall brosius would come through in big spots more often than ARod and brosius was not counted on to do that while ARod is so it makes it much more glaring when ARod continus to fail.

13. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

junc, to say that A-Rod's homer last night was NOT crucial is a joke. I see where you come from on a lot of the arguements involving A-Rod, and I agree with some of them. A crutial home run doesn't have to be one that creates a lead change. With the Red Sox offense being what it is, it is nieve to think that all they would score last night was 1 run. Certainly, there have been bigger homers hit in baseball, but in the game last night, that was a crutial home run. I mean, come on.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It turned out to be critical but at the time it was not. Up 4-1 a HR is not critical. he did his job and I'm glad to see it and hope to see it more often but let's not make this like it was the bot of the 9th and the yanks were down 2.

15. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Proctor will be on the DL by July if Joe keeps abusing him.

Whats the point of having a bullpen if you keep using the same 3 pitchers?

16. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Big Papi is not clutch.

17. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I think everyone watching the game knew that A-Rod's homer was going to make the margin of the Yankees victory over the Red Sox.

18. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

lol you know the players still have to go out there and play the game. its not joe torre playing.

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

No, but it is his fault for being a bad in-game manager.

By the way, I will give him a break for last night, since Jaret had a groin pull and needed to leave as a pre-caution.

20. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

The news out of Columbus is that Ramiro Mendoza is on his way up. At least Joe has another favorite to abuse.

BTW, what the F*uck is Mike Myers still doing on this team?