Yanks vs. Indians: 6/10 - 6/12

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

We won all of the games. Huzzah.

2. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

so did the fucking red sox...:mad:

3. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Unless they're playing the Yanks, who cares about the Red Sox? They can lick my balls.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Been a good series in all phases. Only bad news is Colon hits the 15 day.... looks like it ain't too serious, though.

Just gotta keep winning games and keep pace with the Sux.

EDIT: Word is Noesi will start in his place for the time being. He's looked surprisingly good so far in the bigs, notwithstanding Big Poopi's laser beam.

#4 Jake, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

9 runs on 18 hits, and not one of them was a dirty, horrible home run.

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I mostly agree with you, but at the same time I don't. I don't give a damn about the Sox, except that I want to win the best-record for the AL. It's a much harder road when you don't have home-field, and the Sox are really the only team that is in our way of getting it. So while I generally don't care what the Sox do when we're not playing them, I want first place back, which entails them losing.

I'm glad Colon wasn't worse. I saw last night his next appearence could be June 28.

I like Noesi. They're tapping him as a big-league starter. It's getting interesting in the area of pitching with this team. Hughes, Nova, Noesi, Betances, Banuelos could be the rotation in just a couple of years. Depending how the rest of the year goes for those guys CC might not get as much as I originally thought he might.

Please don't tell me you're one of those people who thinks the argument about home runs are that the team shouldn't hit them. The argument is that home runs go cold and if that's what you rely on, you're going to have stints where you lose in bunches because the whole team stops hitting simultaneously.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single person who says they don't want to see the Yankees hit homers every night.

7. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the Yanks in first place, too, of course. In October, when it matters.

That's not to say I don't want to see the Sox lose or anything... I just don't get all :mad: about the day to day results of other teams, especially in June.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The numbers will play out. The Red Sox are red hot right now -- winning 9 in a row.

I'm not too worried about them.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Oh absolutely. I don't think anyone is actually getting upset over them right now. Honestly, I don't even know what the Sox are doing unless I take a glance at the standings or it gets mentioned during a Yankees game.

Obviously it's only truly important to be in first on September 29, 2011, but I like to be in first all the time. Not because we need to be. Just because I like to lead the division.

10. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

DirtySanchez said, "so did the fucking red sox... :mad: " Which is what prompted my response of "Who cares?"

11. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

So they want to see the Yankees hit homers every night yet are upset at the offense for hitting so many homers? Do they think the Yankees are only trying to hit homers (which they're not)?

I don't get the argument. Do people not realize offense has gone down around the league? In 5 years the league average has gone from .269 to .252. With RISP it's .270 to .250. No one's hitting like they used to. The difference is, the Yankees have guys who are crushing mistakes. They're just looking for something to hit hard like everyone else. It's not their fault that they're more powerful than the other times.

And also, two important pieces like Swisher and Posada have been black holes in the lineup up until recently.

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I didn't take it as angry as the emoticon would seem to make it. Fair enough though.

The point is, the lineup is full of guys who swing for the fence. In fairness it has leveled out over the past month or so, but until Tex started hitting, there were voids up and down the lineup. That's what tends to happen with teams that are power-heavy. When one power hitter goes cold, it affects the guy before him. When that guys goes cold it affects the guy before him. So on and so forth.

You don't ask Alex Rodriguez to square and move a runner over, no matter how deep his slump. Same with Tex. And Cano. And Posada. That's half the lineup right there. If Jeter is GIDPing, which he was early, and Swisher isn't so much as fouling the ball off, that's two-thirds of the lineup unable to move RISP.

If not for Granderson's early performance this team would be in trouble. That's the issue that was coming up early. It's not a problem to hit home runs. It's a problem when if you're not hitting home runs that you're not hitting at all. Again, over the past month or so, this team has started hitting up and down the lineup. I haven't seen a complaint about home runs in the last few weeks at all. With good reason. They're driving in runs. Many via balls that touch grass. At the same time, they're hitting loads of homers too. It's hard to complain about homers when you're scoring runs without them too.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

It's unfathomable the number of injuries there are in baseball. How in the hell do these guys get hurt from standing, swinging a bat, and occasionally running for 5 seconds?

14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

haha dude, baseball players are the biggest homos in the world.

How bout htat Gardner bunting ball four with 2 strikes? They should blow his fuckin brains out of the back of his head.

Why is Cervelli in the major leagues? Can anyone explain?

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Pretty sure Burnett said "whatever...fucking pussy" when he gave Girardi the ball.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Pretty dissapointing they couldn't muster 2 runs to support AJ's solid outing. Rangers tomorrow.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm ready to accept Jesus into my life.

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Cervelli and Gardner shouldn't be in anyone's starting lineup, much less the Yankees'. Two awful baseball players. They're both backups at best.

I won't take anything away from the pitching performance against the Yankees last night leading to a lack of runs, but to not come away with anything the first two innings with RISP is ridiculous. How do you not score a single run with the bases loaded and no one out?

To add injury to insult, it's looking like the Yankees are waiting until Girardi's 4PM presser to announce Jeter going on the DL. Wonderful. Two full weeks of Eduardo "The Big E" Nunez.

In other injured player news, Hughes threw 49 pitches yesterday in the 91-93MPH range. He's scheduled to pitch for Staten Island on Sunday. Hopefully his progress will continue.

I also heard Scranton appears to be holding back Phelps as a potential call up to fill Colon's spot. I don't get it. Noesi already showed he can do the work at this level. Why waste another guy's option? When Hughes and Colon are back, they both have to go back to AAA. I don't understand the Yankees' management.

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Gardner's as dumb as a rock, no question, but let's not ever compare him with Cervelli. One's a near .800 OPS player with sensational defense, the other is a pile of shit in every facet of the game.

20. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Because Jeter has been so stellar this year?