Yankees vs. Mets: 7/2/06

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by GreyhoundJet, Jul 2, 2006.

1. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Jaret Wright vs. Alay Soler

I was at the game yesterday and as a Yankees fan I was dissapointed in the hitting of the bottom of the lineup. The top of the lineup (Damon, Jeter) kept getting on base and setting us up for runs but the bottom couldn't produce. Hopefully we can win tonight and pull the season series to 3-3.

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'll be there tonight!

Go Yankees!

3. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

There we go :smile:

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Thats pretty much been the story of the year. we leave too much opportunity on base.

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Yankees should rock Soler. If Boston can do it, then we should be able to too.

6. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Except for the fact that Boston can actually score runs.

7. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Hopefully Soler will be more comfortable after getting the big, loud stadium on the road experience out of him, he pitches great on the road where there isn't a lot of pressure and not many fans, but at stadiums like Shea and Fenway he gets nervous and struggles because he can't keep the ball down or get ahead of hitters. Hopefully he'll be used to the kind of atmosphere he's going to encounter to night and it won't rattle him like it did at Fenway.

8. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Since Soler is garbage, it's almost irrelevant.

9. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

yeah minus the fenway start soler had a garbage 0.50 era over his previous three starts....

how about wright actually gets past the 5th inning tonight...

10. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Will you disappear again if the Mets start playing poorly, you know, like the past few years? :rofl:

11. Trend

Trend Member

It's probably not a good idea for fans of either team to rag on the other teams starting pitcher tonight......(Now 3rd basemen, that's a different story...) How 'bout that clutch-rod :rofl2:

12. TurkJetFan

lol i have stuck through the horrible years....the mets had a 4 game losing streak lol ohhh noooo...theyre still the best record in the NL and 11.5 games in first...

and even if the mets do lose tonight i dont care because i know over the long haul theyre the better team...so it really is nothing more than bragging rights...which this season the mets already have....

and i dont want to hear about the strength of schedule....bottom line at the end of the day thats the reality of it...deal with it and move on

and also dont give me the typical yankee fan comment...how many world series have the mets won???? cuz if you say that i just put you on block cuz thats the routine answer for a yankee fan who has nothing else to say

#12 TurkJetFan, Jul 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

nothing else to say? Typical yankee fan comment? If you lose youre still the better team? Bwahahhahahahahaha. You play in a weak ass division. If you lose tonight,you are NOT the better team. You are playing our team at half strenght.

14. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

To be fair, the Yankees had their 1 and 2 starters going while the Mets 2 best by far didn't start this series. We also didn't have Delgado, who is a major part of our lineup.

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Well usually I don't respond with that, but if it means you'll put me on block, then maybe I should.

16. TurkJetFan

but that does count because its the yankees....

lolol

even if the mets win the NLCS or even the WS the yankees will still be the better team lol

ohh and the mets in a weak division....lets not talk about all those years of TB, TOR, and BAL hahah but no its the yankees....

i just find it sad that not one yankee fan can admit the mets are a good team....

17. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

The Yankees didn't have their #2 starter going in this series.

18. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I usually root for the Mets to do well, but since that started happening this year, bandwagon fans start with the obnoxious posting. Maybe I should start hoping the Mets do poorly, so we don't have to put up with your type of Mets fans.

19. TurkJetFan

bandwagon mets fan?? lol ummm not exactly....

im just tired of yankee fans with heads up their asses that act like they just won the world series every year when they havent...thats all

i love talking baseball with that 25% of yankee fans who actually make sense...

bandwagon is 75% of the yankee fanbase....that cant even name half the yankees lineup but are all diehards

#19 TurkJetFan, Jul 2, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  20. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

So why didn't you say something about it the last few years when the Mets were awful? It's just quite ironic that the year you start trolling is the year the Mets finally are fielding a good team.