Yankees @ Mets IGT, Johnson @ Gonzalez

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Exit 117, May 19, 2006.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

At the time I wantd Kyle to stay in but finding out he wasn't available makes the move make sense.

2. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I love Randy Johnson.

3. myfavoritecmart

myfavoritecmart New Member

Hahahahahaha. When Wagner closes out half as many WS games, you still won't be able to say that. Wagner will never pitch in a WS in his career. FACT.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Are you even a Jets fan anymore?

5. ShadeTree#55

Huh?

Hell yeah. Why would you ask that?

6. ShadeTree#55

We treated Mariano like a prison bitch.

We own him.:breakdance:

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know. I have trouble remembering you posting about football. Maybe it's the weed.

8. nyjunc

I knew it!:lol:

9. ShadeTree#55

I BS way, way more then post about football.:beer:

10. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

It's hard not to repeat. But Randy is pathetic! Tired of seeing his face on the mound and getting beat around like BP...

Ace vs. Ace today...Moose and Pedro have been great thus far...Yanks badly need Moose to win a pitchers duel.

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I have one question for yankee fans who keep saying about us obessing,how did you feel while scoring 4 runs in the 1st?

where you golf clapping or where you excited and cheering you team on?

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Golf-clapping. It was Jeremi Gonzalez, not Pedro Martinez...That should be expected to score off Gonzalez. But for Randy not to hold a 4 run lead, garbage...

Now, if that's Pedro or Glavine then i'm cheering and into it...But vs. Gonzalez? That should be expected.

13. nyjunc

I don't go nuts over 1st innings in May, I was happy but knew it rested on randy. I told my Wife if randy's right this game is over but he's been bad so it's most likely going to be a long night.

14. ShadeTree#55

Games in May are only worth half a win. Right junc?

15. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Oh, I learned a new phrase last night. "Johnny Cakes Damon"

Thanks to the guy sitting 3 rows behind me.

16. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

It's also sad when the only argument the Yankee fans ever have is "26 World Championships!" It's the past and they've done great... but I was only a baseball fan for a few of them of them and quite frankly I don't care what happened in the 1920s. I, and the other intelligent fans on this board, also don't talk about the Yankees much at all.

17. I rarely if ever join the "Mets vs. Yankees" battle on this board. But one thing that boggles my mind about Met fans is written above(and Im not singling you out donnie, you're an intelligent well spoken Met fan). But Met fans seem to contradict themselves in terms of their hatred for the Yanks.

They claim that all of the Yankees accomplishments are the past and nothing more. If that's the arguement, fine I can live w/ that. But isn't the whole reason that Met fans hate the Yankees so much BECAUSE of the Yankees excessively successful past? We hear over and over again in every given year that "this is the Yankees downfall year..the past means NOTHING". Then when the Yanks win the division or go deep into the playoffs, while the Mets finish third in the NL east, suddenly "They SHOULD win the world series every year w/ their payroll. Steinbrenner is ruining baseball". Suddenly what once was the past and meant little to nothing, is now ruining baseball.Again, more contradiction.

Additionally, I dont believe the hatred has much to do w/ geography as I dont know many Yankee fans who truly hate the Mets.So somehow down the line the hatred has something to do w/ the Mets being overshadowed by the Yanks throughout their history. My point being Met fans might want to take their own advice, and end this obsessive hatred, afterall, it is "Just the past".

18. GreenGiant 32

GreenGiant 32 New Member

What a great thread to read through the next day. And coincidentally a good study on the psychosis of the mentally unstable. From raiderjeaux coming out of the closet, to Royaltee and his hard-on for all things Mets fans. To nyjunc ripping the Yankees to shreds. To the usual bi-polar nature of Mets fans. All encompassed in one convenient thread. It's a damn shame these two teams only play six times a year.

Now if I can throw my hat in the ring on the Heilman to the rotation debate. Willie needs to get Heilman in the starting rotation ASAP. We can't keep going with guys in the 4th and 5th spot who can't get 5 innings. Bring up Pelfrey and start Heilman until Bannister is ready to go. We can't keep conceding every 4th and 5th game. We were lucky Randy was on the mound last night. Nothing more and nothing less.

19. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

That must be a joke

Anyways I could have sworn I saw some crazy person a few years ago at the nearby deli telling everyone their height, weight and 40 times.

20. nyjunc

I'll give you a break since you forget what it's like to actually see meaningful Sept & oct baseball but to compare May to Sept/Oct is just silly.