WW85's 2017 NY JET'S MOCK DRAFT (2.0)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Mar 18, 2017.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Appreciate your comments.

I wanted to draft a CB, I was considering Rasul Douglas. I just went with other needs, since we signed Mo Claiborne and I like Burris' upside.

I think Middleton is a decent player, but his ceiling is limited. Middleton is a good backup/ special teams player. Nicholson was a solid contributor on MSU's defense. Living in Ohio, I see tons of big ten games and Nicholson was a very good high safety in coverage. Can he be a starter in the NFL???......I think so, but he will have a growing pains. Let's face it the Jets are rebuilding we have to get some youth on our roster to develop.

The other Safety I was considering in Rd 2 was Budda Baker, I love that Kid's game. I loved watching Washington's secondary.....Sidney Jones, Kevin King, Budda Baker......probably the best College secondary I've seen in a long time. Baker is undersized, but plays much bigger and has solid coverage skills. I decided to go edge pass rusher in Rd 2 with Harris, which I believe is a huge need.

Baker might make my final mock a few days before the draft.

#21 WW85, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I can't remember the last time I've seen such overwhelming support for a particular draft prospect. Maybe Brandon Cooks? Great mock WW. Love it, hope it goes that way or something close to it. Get some of dem lunchbox meat n potatoes.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I was a huge Brandin Cook's Fan. Drafting Pryor instead was a major let down. Remember, Pryor was a 3rd round talent in Feb, some scouts look at his punishing hits and his stock rose to round 1 by April. I stay away from players that rise up the board a few rounds after the season is over.

I loved a lot of players in that draft....Khalil Mack, Mike Evans, Jake Matthews, Kyle Fuller, Ryan Shazier & Eric Ebron (who has been a mild disappointment). I was the biggest Jarvis Landry fan and wanted him in rd 2. Jace Amaro,,,,I wanted to puke.

#23 WW85, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    jilozzo likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for your response. I agree that pass-rushing OLB is more important than FS. I LOVED the Harris pick and hope the Jets take him in the 2nd, unless Ramczyk is sitting there or they love Mahomes.

If Nicholson will take a season or two to develop into a starter, I think the Jets might be better served taking a CB (Rasul Douglas) there, unless you think he will take a season or two to develop as well. Do you think that Douglas could start immediately? If Gilchrist is gonna be starting anyway, and Nicholson is questionable as a future starter, I see no point in taking a FS unless the Jets plan on taking Hooker at #6, in which case, they can jettison Gilchrist. I understand that players aren't drafted for just their first year, but imo in this deep draft, the Jets really need to get immediate contributions from their first 3-4 picks in draft, and any player they take in the first 3 rounds should have real potential as a starter. Even if they don't start, they need to see the field a lot and get a lot of experience this season imo.

Is the FA FS McDougald any good at all? He's still available AFAIK. If he is any good, it might be worthwhile to sign him to a one or two-year deal, kick Gilchrist to the curb, roll with McDougald and Middleton this season and then draft a FS next year.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You know I like Michigan State players, very coached up but have to warn you about Montae ... he's fast and rangy but isn't as instinctive. You can depend on him to tackle. I think it would be better to go corner with that pick personally, but I solid draft as always WW.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

#2 pick Harris abusing Jets' 2016 4th rd. pick Brandon Shell with a nice inside spin. May not have the initial burst of a Beasley but has a variety of pass rush moves with enough speed and bend to play OLB. Would be a good value pickup in the 2nd.
    [​IMG]

Jon Toth, nice pick (providing he's still around in the 5th). SEC battle hardened and also looked good in post season.

Nicholson looks good in a uniform, big and athletic. He's iffy in coverage - if only you could put little Budda Baker in Nicholson's frame.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Its great you have Toth Garcia and Howard nice selections...actually would also like to grab a CB in the later rounds

I agree with your Goals for those positions but my plan is to trade down

8. 101GangGreen101

Yeah, if I can't get any of the top 3 safeties in Hooker, Adams or Baker, then I don't know if I would be interested in any other safety in this class. Those 3 are all pro bowl caliber players.

I admit haven't seen much of Harris, how well does he use his hands? Gif above shows a really nice burst / spin move with good pursuit.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You don't like Obi? Why not?

10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I really want OJ, but I know we won't take him.

11. 101GangGreen101

I love his versatility, but I watched a game or two from draftbreakdown and he looks slow on tape to be a center-fielder. Would however really like him as a strong safety / nickel safety.

Baker isn't super fast either, but he's just really instinctive, he always seems to be at the right place at the right time.

12. wellemann

wellemann Member

Is there any way we can get OJ later in the first round? Top 10 TEs are rare. Which teams after #6 would take Howard?

13. 101GangGreen101

Buffalo @ 10 / Dolphins @ whatever ... so it's either you pick him up or you might be facing him twice a year. Tough scenario.

14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Needs work there. He's best when he's free-wheeling; sometimes gets stoned by OL's vs. the run.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

The Chargers might take him. Gates is getting up there in years. A player of his caliber, a lot of teams might take him if he's there as he might be their BPA.

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

No I doubt it.

I wouldn't be surprised If Tennessee considers Howard at #5, Jace Amaro we know about him and Delanie Walker (getting up in age). Howard would be a nice addition for Marcus. Titans could use a WR too, but I doubt they draft one at #5.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. gajetsfan

gajetsfan Member

WW85 - I agree with the logic. However, if Mac was willing to acknowledge the mistake, do you think Watson would be a good pick at # 6? It seems you like him as a prospect. I would love to see the Jets take him, but I'm wondering what kind of pro you think he will be? Thanks.

18. NCJetsfan

I can easily see the Titans taking Howard.

19. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I don't think the Chargers will pick Howard since they just picked Hunter Henry in the 2nd round last year.

20. NCJetsfan

I knew they took Henry last year, but didn't know how he played this past season, and had forgotten to look him up. I just googled him. He had 36 receptions and 8 TDs, so you're right, they probably have no interest in Howard.

Thanks for spurring me to look him up.

jetfan59 likes this.