Wow, Louisville Rutgers tickets...

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Khan, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Khan

Khan Active Member

$21 a couple weeks ago, now worth $200...mighty tempting, although I have no case cause I'm not the one who bought them for the two of us. So selling, not an option, plus, it's to go see some friends that go there too, so...topic shift, uh, who do you think'll win?

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Rutgers will shock the world baby, i think they have a good shot, especially being at home

3. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

There's no way.

4. Khan

Khan Active Member

If Louisville lets em run like Slaton did, they have a very good chance. The Rutgers D is highly underrated, and Rice/Leonard is as deadly as Slaton/White.

5. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Because Slaton and White running worked out so well for West Virginia.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

50 rushes
    353 yards
    7.1 average
    5 touchdowns (four by the quarterback)

If Louisville allows similar numbers to Rutgers, they will probably lose being that it's a road game for them and the Rutgers defense is probably a bit better than the West Virginia defense. I also don't think Louisville will be the beneficiaries of fumbles by top backs two weeks in a row.

7. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I think the Louisville needs to watch out for THE Rutgers University! Who are people rooting for? I am a Big East fan overall. I think I would like Rutgers to win.

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I feel like Rutgers has a real shot against Louisville. The Cardinals are very vulnerable on defense, and if not for an injury to Steve Slaton that caused him to fumble twice they would've lost to the Mountaineers, giving up 40-50 points.

They're still the overwhelming favorites, but don't count Rutgers out.

9. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Your forgot this stat:
    WVU 34 Lousiville 44

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You just don't get it, do you?

It wasn't about the score. We're not talking about that.

The above poster was talking SPECIFICALLY about Louisville's performance against the run. Ahh, nevermind. Some people just want to be pricks.

11. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I hope to see Rutgers win this one.

I don't think that Slaton would have made the difference in that game. To be honest, I'm just not giving him the benefit of the doubt. I think he was just looking for an excuse as to why he couldn't hold onto the football. Once WVU started picking it up again, all of a sudden, he's fine. Any player that is "hurt" for a series and is getting basically no medical attention should not be ready to go the following series unless it was just like a stinger of a hit, which would not be a reason for TWO fumbles. It just didn't add up to me. I'd like to think he's a warrior and was battling an injury but I think he just didn't want to be the goat. I still think he's a phenomenal RB, but I just think he had a bad game and didn't want to really deal with that.

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm torn because I am from New Jersey and most of my friends went to the R. It's also the biggest game in the history of the football program and I'd love to see them win this game. The problem is I don't see them beating West Virginia in Morgantown. So the R running the table is an unlikely event for the R.

On the flip side I want to see the BCS fail yet again so I want to see an undefeated team from the Big East get shunned by the Michigan/OSU playing the winner in the National Championship game. Don't tell me it won't happen as all you need to do is look at the 2 jokes from the Big 12 that have lost in title games.... Nebraska to Miami and Oklahoma to USC.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I agree. If you play in the game, you can't use an injury as an excuse. I have zero tolerance for fumbles.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I will be rooting for Rutgers on Thursday night and then let the chips fall where they may on December 2 so long as WVU still has the one loss and Rutgers doesn't slip up against Cincinnati or Syracuse.
    Should Rutgers win they would have an argument to play in the title game.
    Should West Virginia win, the Mountaineers would go to a BCS bowl.

Rooting for chaos is good if you want to see a playoff system in the future.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'd like to see Rutgers win because it would make Rambo13 angry for another week.

16. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

You're the idiot bud. I was responding to the second post that Rutgers has no chance. Then someone responded saying if they let them run like they let Slaton and White run they have a chance. Obviously they can let them run as much as Slaton and White did and still win.

I'm not being a prick, you are overly defensive and have rocks for brains. The running attack was shut down and WVU lost because of their inability to pass when they needed to. They had to rely on the run which killed the clock. Furthermore, having two players handle the ball as much as they did precipitated the injuries and thus the turnovers. As a result, they played right into Louisville's hands. Louisville can put up points through the air and on the ground to match anyone in the country. Therefore a pure running attack will not typically work against them. If Rutgers is to win this game they will not be able to force the run like West Virginia's high school offense did, they must air it out and show that Louisville can't load the box to slow them down and pound their players.

17. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

P.S. the score is the only thing that matters in the end.

18. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

:rofl:

That was actually pretty funny. I admit I was wrong about Rutgers this year and as such I am no longer rooting against them. I will however be rooting for Louisville in this game because I think they have the best chance to go to the NC and succeed. (P.S. I wasn't angry last week because Louisville won! woohoo!)

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

No shit, Sherlock.

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Highly unlikely RU would run for over 350 yards at home and lose.