Wouldn't a chat room be easier/more fun for the game?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Yankee6, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

I have been in chat rooms for baseball and basketball games and its alot easier then to have to keep reloading the page and scrolling to read the posts. The mods here at one time promised a chat room would be open and used to even have a link on the page for one that never worked. Why not make a java chat room and see how it works out for a week.

2. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

I'd be there.

3. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

I KNOW I will be in the minority, but I won't even look or talk to my wife during a game; its just me glued to the screen..........

4. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

yea ill talk during other games but during the jets game forget about it, its like a ritual, i have to pay attention to everything, its sick

5. GreenMachine

use AIM like everyone else.

6. Yankee6

I dont live in NY anymore and none of my friends are Jets fans anyway so how is aim going to help me? A chat room here would bring tons of jets fans together to talk during the game, like the gameday thread does, but easier and faster.

7. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I think in a chat room, people would be even LESS likely to read what others say...

8. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

In a chatroom, it becomes impossible to respond to someone directly. Also, having 300 people in the same chatroom is the recipe for destruction.

9. Yankee6

I disagree with your 2nd point. On Irc ive been in rooms that constantly have over 300 people and its always been fine. Unfortunately ive not found any irc Jet chat rooms. Why not TRY it out. If people dont like it they can use the forum, but I bet the room would be packed with people. Maybe its just me, but I find it more exciting to get instant reaction to plays.
    Perhaps set up a poll to gauge interest in it?

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We've done a chat in the past, and the game thread was always a better option. Too many people clog the chat with meaningless crap, and you can't read anything you want.

11. Yankee6

Well the ignore button takes care of the meaningless crap. The game thread may be better for some people, but I find myself missing the game by having to hit reload and scrolling to read what people say. The chat room self scrolls and is all hands free to read. Im not saying take away the game thread, im just saying offer both. Maybe im one of the few who care. Thats why im saying to make a poll.

12. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

I was always pro chat room but in my 2.5 years here I've never seen it open. Many people have asked in the past but really never gotten a straight forward answer from anyone and it was forgotten. I honestly wouldn't lose sleep over no Chat room but I would like to see one up... I def. would use it.

13. pisano24

pisano24 Member

What a true nerd... how about watching the freakin game?? This internet stuff is here to kill the time between games. If the Jets played every hour Ganggreen.com wouldn't even exist!

14. The Green Dude

How about you read the friggen thread before you start ripping people. He says he DOESNT LIVE IN NY anymore so don't you think it would be hard for him to "watch the freakin game"? If the Jets played everyhour TGG wouldn't even exist? Where in gods hell did you dig that gem up? Go pick on the kids in the playground or somethin dude because you just sound like an idiot doin it here.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

As someone who has been in both football and baseball game threads, I will plead guilty to watching the game and posting at the same time (a "true nerd"). As for me, the chats don't interest me at all, since in my experience they quickly deteriorate into a lot of obnoxious behavior. When comments are forever available in a thread (or at least until a crash), I think people are a bit more circumspect in the way they talk.

16. Yankee6

You couldnt be MORE wrong. The site is most busy DURING the game. Guess you never noticed how HUGE the gameday thread is. Maybe "this internet stuff" is used for YOU between games, but the majority of the regulars are on the site while watching the game.

17. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I agree....I am never here during games. I will not be able to be in here and watch.

18. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

If anyone of you were in the AIM Draft Day chat...you know that it was impossible to respond with 30 people in the AIM Chat. Plus, you can ONLY have 30 people in the chat room, so it would be hard to get everyone in. As far as an external chat room housed on the TGG server, that's all up to Petro. I wouldn't be in it...Game Thread is by far better.

19. The Green Dude

If the games aren't on TV this site is a very valuable sorce... even if your watching at home. The only time I wouldn't check the forum was at college on Sundays. We had a Tully's ritual every Sunday :up:

20. Paddock

Paddock Member

Once again, when I lived out of NY/NJ for five years it was very easy to find a way to watch the jets. If you want to watch the game - go to a sports bar. If you want to sit online and chat, sit online and chat. There is a simple solution for each person's preferences.