Would you trade for Andrew Luck?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Feb 2, 2018.

?

Would you trade #6, 2018 2nd rounder, future 1st round pick/or Leonard Williams for Luck?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    22.8%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I'd trade for Luck, but this is overpriced

14 vote(s)
    24.6%
  4. I'd trade for Luck, this is too little

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Do not want Andrew Luck

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Yes but we have alot of class , too bad it's all low! Lol o_O

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I thought he was overrated when he entered the league and he's still overrated today. No way.

4. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

The Colts may not make all the greatest moves but as it's been said why would they ever choose to trade Andrew luck a young FQB if healthy. The speculation regarding his health would run rampant if he was made available.
    Maybe for a salary dump but an Andrew Luck quality QB is rare. Not every team gets lucky such as with the saints getting Brees when the Chargers let him go due to injury concerns. Look how that worked out for them. If luck is given a good bill of health he will not be going anywhere.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

LF911SC likes this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It was from 2015 while Luck was in negotiations for his mega deal with the colts. It's irrelevant

7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

True. I mean that’s so blunt and ridiculous. To tell a fan of a non-rivalry team “fuck your team” essentially, is pretty hard to believe.

Unless the dude was being disrespectful I don’t believe it. That’s a response I would expect Tom Brady to give, not Luck.

8. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Luck is an all-around gamble.

When will the Colts or anyone else know if he's healthy? Even if he starts and completes a throwing program, OTAs and training camp, no one will know for sure until he plays under game conditions and has to take a few hits. Will he still be able to make all the throws an NFL QB has to make? From that perspective, it's even a gamble for the Colts to keep him when they could obtain draft picks and/or players for him. If his arm goes south again, he will be virtually untradable.

9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This is just a demonstration that most players have no clue what it takes to be a Super Bowl championship team in the modern NFL. There's a reason he's playing safety and not the general manager of some team.

6-10 once again likes this.
  10. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

To be fair I'm still trying to think of one reason why Mac is the general manager of some team loll

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. Unhappyjetsfan

Agreed. But presumably Mac knows he's getting fired this year if he doesn't at least try to acquire a pro bowl caliber QB.

12. Since1969

Does that worry anyone? It sure worries me. A GM on the hot seat is a dangerous GM, because he may make desperate, Hail Mary moves to try to save his job.

13. Unhappyjetsfan

Yes, it sucks. But it is what it is. It might very well cost us a 12-15 Pro Bowl QB draft choice because Mac wants to save his job with 5 years of an average QB free agent. The problem, of course, is not the GM though ... it's the ownership for allowing this situation to materialize in the first place.

14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Why do I feel like this is some sort of Deja Vu remember some guy named Marshall who was all about Fitz ... how'd that turn out

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

McDaniels wouldn’t be going to the Colts without Luck

16. Since1969

How can he know? Sure, he has reports and predictions from the team doctors and probably from the guy who did the surgery. However, Luck missed the entire season, hasn't even started a throwing program yet, and had to shut down the last time he tried a throwing program. There was even talk that Luck might need additional surgery. McDaniels may be optimistic about Luck's prospects, but he doesn't know he'll have a full-strength Luck next year or at any point in the future. He's guessing like everyone else, although he certainly has more information than we do.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Luck hasn't been the same player in years...He's also never had a complete team around him

18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fuck Luck. Go with a Superbowl winner and Superbowl MVP. [But then he will turn sub-par under the stellar guidance of Todd Bowles. Oh heck.]

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The problem with Luck is his health. The deal is overpriced for that reason alone. The Jets can draft a QB at 6 or trade up, so I don't see a reason to trade for a guy that might not ever be the same. That would be a same ol' Jets move. If we're going to trade anything, trade up for Rosen/Darnold, not damaged goods.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  20. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

There's two problems with trying to trade for Luck.

If he's healthy this deal doesn't get it done. Actually if he's healthy he never gets traded, there isn't a better alternative anywhere.

If he's injured, this deal is just throwing away picks that we could use.

No worries, not happening in a million years. It's a handful of fans who actually keep saying he's overrated

Jets69 likes this.