Would you trade for Andrew Luck?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Feb 2, 2018.

?

Would you trade #6, 2018 2nd rounder, future 1st round pick/or Leonard Williams for Luck?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    22.8%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. I'd trade for Luck, but this is overpriced

14 vote(s)
    24.6%
  4. I'd trade for Luck, this is too little

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Do not want Andrew Luck

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

As much as he is a big time name, he just has not performed as one would want and the injuries are starting to pile up.

If you are the Jets would you trade #6, a 2nd rounder this year and a future 1st/ or Leonard Williams?

I don't know how the Colts don't at least consider this...Irsay is crazy, they fired the coach and they could retool with Bradley at #2 and a QB at #6 like Baker in Indy and we get Luck.

Some perspective, NFL Draft day trades get a little wacky when they involve quarterbacks. These are trades of franchise type (at the time) QBs to look at since 2000:

2. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I would trade Muhammad Wilkerson, Robby Anderson, and our 4th rd pick. That's a fair trade for some bad Luck.

3. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

If you could guarantee me his health then sure I would drive Leonard Williams to the airport right now, but it's a big risk to trade for Andrew luck with all the health question marks. I think id side with drafting Baker as my QB, but I would be lying if said I wouldn't get a little excited about having Luck in a jets uniform.

In short I think it's a risk but I would consider it as an option for sure

KurtTheJetsFan and Poeman like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I would do this assuming he is healthy and passes a physical and it’s Leo and Seattle’s 2nd. No future first

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. playtowinthegame

Did you hear Jamal Adams today on NFL Network...he told James Jones and Andrew Siciliano when asked about Cousins that he wants Josh McCown back next year. He said he believes we can go all the way with McCown. That's how much the team loves/respects McCown. He's coming back. Book it. Adams also said we are going to be the talk of the league too. I would post a video, but I couldn't find one of the entire interview. I like Adams confidence.

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I saw that video and I love Adams confidence, but lets be real here for a minute. Adams is a ultimate hype guy and he is a great teammate.
    As for McCown, he clearly seems like a awesome guy and someone I'd love to coach and play with but talent wise he just is not up to the level as a guy like Cousins and a Luck. You definitely resign McCown if you draft a rookie QB

FlaJet and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Oh boy, as a fan of the nyj I really can’t get excited about another year of mccown, as a fan of laughing at the over emotional angst that would get posted on this board I could really get excited about another year of mccown.

Big Cat and TonyFtLaud like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I would vote for the option that says "Yes, conditional on a guaranteed clean bill of health, and then I would offer the #6, the Seattle #2, and Wilkerson"

I would also draft another QB this year as insurance.

dogg likes this.
  9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. Luck is amazing, but I don't want damaged goods.

FlaJet likes this.
  10. playtowinthegame

He's a very professional young man. James Jones loves Todd Bowles. That's his coach of the year. Adams loves playing for Bowles too. I can see why Christopher Johnson gave Bowles and Mac extensions. Sometimes as fans we can be harsh to put it lightly due to being completely detatched from the situation. Only measuring progress with wins and losses, but there has been progress with the Jets this year. Hopefully it continues and they are all rewarded for their belief in one another. I'm just starving for a great Jets team, but I'm willing to be patient if we keep seeing progress.

11. playtowinthegame

I think the majority of the Jets fan base would be fine with McCown coming back, as long as their is another younger Josh drafted in the first round.

NYJFOREVER and legler82 like this.
  12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

If he’s healthy, Luck has the potential to be the best QB in the league. So, if he’s healthy, of course.

But here’s the problem:

If Luck is healthy, there is a 0.0% chance that the Colts would even consider trading him. So, him becoming available at all, in and of itself, would be a major red flag.

FlaJet, Royal Tee, Big Cat and 5 others like this.
  13. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

It's a major gamble. Luck had arm surgery, missed the entire 2017 season, began a throwing program but had to shut it down, went to the Netherlands for some kind of treatment, and has not yet begun throwing.

Are you confident enough that he'll recover fully to bet draft choices and/or players on it? He wouldn't come cheap, and if he doesn't get back to what he was, it would set the franchise back considerably.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Adams better be checking that tape and getting better in coverage too. I like his confidence too, but after the Decker / Marshall incident with Fitz, I will never trust a players word again.

FJF and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well, first off I have to say no to Cousins. Im not sold on him as a savior. He is probably a second echelon QB that can get you close but not all the way. Luck if healthy is top, top tier, but if he is healthy he ain't leaving Indy.
    I'm quite impressed with what McCown did last year and I'm much more sold on him than was on Fitz. Fitz was a massive waste of time in year two with top receivers and the like.
    McCown is a hold the fort guy so I'm ok with him holding the fort for half a season or so if and only if we draft a top tier QB. If we draft a project I want someone other than McCown. We just can not roll a couple of more seasons with him. Go with Bridgewater, Keenun or some one along those lines to push the new kid all the way.
    Luck would be an expensive pipe dream.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

For a 2nd round pick, done.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If luck is healthy, he's not going to be available.

slimjasi and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I don' think it would be crazy for the Colts to trade luck. The problem is what they'd want in return. Would a 2018 pick 6 and 37 and a 2019 1st be enough for them?

19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

If Luck is made available, MAJOR red flag.

If Luck is not made available, let's get him!

FJF, HomeoftheJets, slimjasi and 2 others like this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

if it wasn't for bad luck, the Jets wouldn't have no luck at all

Peebag, FlaJet and TonyFtLaud like this.