Would Washington do this?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Feb 28, 2006.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Their second round pick in this year's draft and their #1 in next year's draft for John Abraham? They traded away their #2 and this year's #1 to move back into the first round in the the 2005 NFL draft so I don't think that is too steep a price for a three-time Pro Bowl DE.

I figure that without a #1 pick in this year's draft the 'Skins will have to overpay/give the Jets more for John Abraham than other teams. I think the Jets can take 'em to the cleaners.

2. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

They aren't giving a #1 and a #2 for Abraham. That would be a ripoff.

3. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

i dont think that they are going to give up another 1st round pick, and especially since there most likely not going to have as good a year this year as last, since they have brunell and as soon as something goes wrong with him there basically going to have a 1st year QB starting so they wont risk giving up a good 1st round pick next year and and also leave themselves with only one 1st day pick this year.

4. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

A 2nd round for Abe. But we got a 4th round for Herm. Something about that doesnt seem right.

5. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

No way. Not happening. This draft is too deep, and we need to start the rebuilding now. We're going to get a 1st + something else from Denver for Abraham. You heard it here first.

6. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

something else meaning a draft pick, because were not going to get another decent player and a 1st from denver for abraham. if denver gives you just a 1st for abraham you should be very very satisfied with that.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think this could happen. I think Denver is the most likely suitor.

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

it may be somewhat of a ripoff but wouldnt that booster your confidence in our new GM /HC tandum? that would be the deal of the century for the Jets

9. DrShrinker

DrShrinker New Member

The problem the Redskins face is offering Abraham a big dollar long term deal. They have severe cap problems.

10. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Yeah, this is going to happen. Let's get it done!

11. lightning

lightning Active Member

God damnit stop saying that! We've heard it before!

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

What are your sincere thoughts concerning the future of the Jets?

13. Buttle

Buttle New Member

Generally a 1st round pick in next years draft is considered equal to a 2nd round pick in a current draft. So a 2nd this year and a 1st next year is considered equivalent to two seconds this year.

14. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Maybe they would give us their 1 for abraham and thats it. Or a second round and a 4th rounder this year and a 3rd next year.

15. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Washington has only one thing we want and that's Santana Moss. If they really want #56, tell them to send back #83. Anyway we can f--- these guys is fine by me.

16. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

This seems like another one of Dan Snyder's good moves ha ha..If this were to happen I think I would piss myself.

17. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

I think it would be good for the Jets, reuniting the 2002 offense, but maybe that means we have to take a deep thrower with the 1st pick.

18. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

I could live with that deal I'd prefer their #1 this year and a 3rd next year :beer:

19. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

First off this just is assinine. As everyone always says you need a team to trade with first. Just because some yippy in a suit decided to put that maybe the Redskins are interested in Abraham, with no fact to it. Doesnt mean that it is gonna actually happen. Just look at the Redskins and their salary cap situation. They are in worse shape then us and are gonna have to make significant changes this year. All of Snyder's over paying for the past few years has really put a damper on their team. And they will not be big spenders in FA this year.

Im sure we will all see more of these posts included with another teams name. Dont just start buying into every rumor without actually looking at the facts.