Woody, thanks for passing on Dan Quinn

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Jan 22, 2017.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He's from Jersey.... wife is from Jersey. He coached the Jets before, coached Hofstra before. Had ZERO ties to Atlanta. got one of the lowest contracts for a HC in the league. He is also defensive minded coach and we had a wealth of young talent on defense.

I don't think its a slam dunk by any means that he would've gone to Atlanta!!!!!!!

If Woody offered more than Atlanta, you really think he would've taken less money and turned down the opportunity to move back home and coach in an organization he is familiar with, just because of Matt Ryan?? There were reports that he wanted the Jets job anyway.

We all know what really happened. Woody couldn't wait until after the SB to see if $5 million would've gotten him Quinn. He cracked like the little bitch he is and went the easy way out, giving Todd Bowles $4 mil. You can, but I myself am not going to justify that move by suggesting Quinn wouldn't have came here.....Most people would believe the Jets had the upper hand in negotiating with Quinn based on the factors I mentioned

2. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I want him to display he is competent and fit for the job, thats what Im rooting for.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I'm not a Bowles supporter. He made a lot of bad decisions with game management and losing the locker room just to start. The issue is if he drafts a QB which is what most want we will have a high pick. Mac and Bowles will be doing everything in their power to have a more successful season than '16. Anyone remember "Fitz gives us the best chance to win" when it was completely meaningless. This pretty much gaurantees we will have a vet come in to start. I am a fan of Watson but can see why Bowles would want a vet. He needs to save his job. Expect a vet.

4. I actually think a Vet damns his job even more. At least if the Jets draft a QB...he's gonna be given time to allow the QB to blossom b/c the perception is always that a 1st rd B is tied to the HC at the given time of selection.

Cutler..Glennon..Romo..Hell Geno...it doesn't matter...this team goes 6-10 & gets laughed out of games offensively & he's rightfully gone.

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  5. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

That's another way to look at it for sure a rookie could buy him some time.

6. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

This is what happens when there is no cohesive flow from top to bottom. The coaches wants to win NOW because he feels heat from ownership who feels heat from the fans (ownership shouldn't go by reactionary fans but our owner doe$). The GM wants to BUILD a team but our head coach reports to the owner, not the GM??? Wow that is fucked up, and its thanks to Woody Johnson.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This is the biggest difference that Quinn could've brought over Bowles. Quinn had a vision and installed it in Altlanta; Bowles had no such thing, or if he did, had no ability to implement it. He should've been fired before the end of the season, but now we're stuck for at least another year. Is this what purgatory is?

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

did we pass on Quinn or did Quinn pass on us? :)

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Either way, it worked out great for Quinn...:)

10. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

And what makes you think that Dan Quinn would have been able to take the Jets to the SB in two years? He went to a team that already had a franchise QB and WR. All their pieces on offense were in place except for Alex Mack whom they acquired shortly after he got there.

11. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

that's for sure. I'm sure we were pursuing him and then im sure he looked at the falcons with a capable QB, a stud WR, an exploding RB, and opportunity to mold the defense and went that direction, at which point we felt it coming and began honing on Bowles.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Playing Devil's Advocate ... Since he's coached here before, he probably saw cesspool previously with this franchise. Going with the Falcons seems like an easy decision to me in comparison to the Jets. Matt Ryan / Julio Jones just sweeten the deal even more. Atlanta has a great owner as well, Arthur Blank does a lot for the fans and players. Complete opposite of Woody Johnson.

No shot Quinn comes here.