Woody, thanks for passing on Dan Quinn

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Jan 22, 2017.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Complete garbage

Cant believe how the whole Board sells out on D Quinn for a bad 4th QTR in his first SB???????

Guy won the NFC Championship

Guy is head and shoulders above Toilet B in Coaching ....look at the whole Season please

Jets69, stinkyB, Ralebird and 3 others like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Agreed. Bowles is not even half the coach Dan Quinn is. Dan Quinn has accomplished more in two years than the Jets have over the last 40. Quinn had a bad 4th qtr and it costs his team a VLT. Quinn also had a great 2016 and it got his team to the SB. What exactly has Bowles accomplish over the same time span? Not a GD thing that's what.

Which arrow is pointing up? Bowles or Quinn's.... As always, when it comes down to franchise altering decisions, Woody fucked up.. Woody always fucks up. Its what he does.. Thank God he's going to a friendly country to be an ambassador. That idiot would start a war with any other country.

#82 Cman68, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Jets69, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

He has a franchise QB and tremendous talent on offense.

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He still had to pull it all together into a championship contender. Great talent still requires great coaching. Bowles otoh, had decent talent but the results speak for themselves. Although the Jets are barely playing in the same league as the Falcons, from a coaching pov, they're pop warner. Call me crazy, but Bowles isn't even half the coach Ryan was and I'm no fan of Rex either.

#84 Cman68, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  5. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Quinn had one an epic meltdown in the second half, and quite honestly his lack of foresight, inability to understand the game, situation, etc. was very Bowles-esque. To me, Quinn took over a much more talented team in the Falcons versus the Jets. As a result, his record and his successes have been better.

I am not convinced yet that he would have been a better hire, but Bowles has a lot to fix if he wants to not be looked upon as a dud.

TwoHeadedMonster and JetBlue like this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Speak for yourself and those Dan Quinn nuthuggers! ;) ... I always said I will give Mac and Bowles at least 4 seasons. Quinn wouldn't be touching a SB appearance without Matt Ryan / Julio / Kyle Shanahan.

7. NYJetsO12

Fortunately there are those who's pain threshold is markedly less (4 Seasons ??? SMH)

Bowles will be gone ...gone...gone

Jets69 likes this.
  8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

you let a pest writer from the daily news talk you out of hiring the head coach the gm wanted: doug marrone.

ironically , he is now the head coach in jville, where one of his bosses is none other than john idjik.

the press is not your friend, otherwise you wouldn't need to staff the p.r. dept.

9. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

mike smith, the previous coach , had the same talent and rex went into atlanta with geno smith playing qb and beat them badly.

quinn was able to improve their defense. it spent way too much time on the field in the 4th quarter.
    had shanny ran the ball 3 times , ran down the clock, and kicked the field goal,
    the pats may not have been able to get two scores in the time left.

NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  10. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Don't sell Woody short.

We've already had 2 wars with England.

Woody could start another.

11. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

In that case i will see you all on the field of battle. As for Quinn vs. Bowles, i do think Quinn is better but it cannot be stated enough that the team of Ryan/Jones/Sanu a large part of his success. We have no way of knowing what Bowles would be like with that play making ability on his roster. I'm perfectly on the fence with Bowles and this year will be difference maker. Either the young guys progress and he fixes what came off as a lack of motivation in the locker room or he can get the fuck out.

12. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

The offense was great for ATL, but Quinn had his defensive unit improving as the year went on. Their defense dominated NE for 3.5 quarters on Sunday, but unfortunately fatigue kicked in at the end of the game. I'm not sure Bowles would have coached up or schemed his defense well enough to contain NE at the level Quinn did for the most part on Sunday. with ATL's personnel.

13. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Jets 23 Pats 30
    Jets 26 Pats 20
    Jets 17 Pats 22
    Jets 3 Pats 41

I still believe Quinn is the better coach and wish Woody had waited but Bowles has had 3 of 4 games end within one score, the 1 being a meaningless game with a ton of young players getting neccesary playing time. This year goes 1 of 2 ways. 1) The team shows a lot of improvements and bright spots and Bowles and Mac are heading in the right direction. 2) the team is stagnant with the crap we saw last year and he's gone. Bowles should/better have a very short leash but i remain cautiously opptomistic.

14. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Well PPG is not the only indicator of how a defense performed, especially when you consider the fact that the Falcons defense was on the field for 100+ plays. Maybe I'm wrong; all week we heard that NE would slice through the Falcons defense. Ultimately it happened, but that came at the expense of a fatigue. The Falcons had a terrible defensive unit , but gradually improved and played incredible in the SB. Their coach came in with the right game plan to me (cover one robber) and called a heck of a game Maybe Bowles does that... we'll never know ultimately.

Moving on from that, I'm not optimistic about Bowles/Mac at all. I think that they're both horrible especially Bowles, and I think Bowles is 100% going to be fired after the season. I mean no hyperbole when I say this: Todd Bowles might be the worst head coach in football. What can you point to him doing well? I'm also not a believer in the idea that Bowles "regressed." I think he was a bad head coach we made excuses for last season because the team overachieved in our eyes/ he was a rookie head coach. But his performances against the Bills twice, the Texans game, and Jags game is what he was for much of last year.

How he used Revis two years ago when it was clear that he had declined, was stupid. The secondary was consistently disorganized this season and had breakdown after breakdown; some of that is poor talent but for it to happen as consistently as it did is a poor reflection of the head coach. He refused to pull Fitzpatrick out of the game when he threw six picks against the Chiefs. He's conservative to a fault and is not adept at game management duties, which would be fine, if you know, he wasn't blatantly terrible at everything else. So what we're looking at is a defensive head coach, who has a bad defense, and doesn't appear to have strengths else were. The Jets delayed the inevitable by not firing him this offseason.

#94 BigSnacks54, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

You guys really think Quinn would've come here over ATL are nuts.

In ATL he has the best receiver in the league and a franchise QB and a defense he improved drastically.

In NY, he would've had Geno Smith.

ajax, babyknight and stinkyB like this.
  16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

that about sums it up

17. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

plenty of things to blame woody for but this is hardly one of them. any hc in demand is going to a place with a qb.

18. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

A good coach does not blow a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl, and it was largely due to horrendous coaching decisions. Quinn is a better coach than Bowles, but this thread title went from serious to sarcastic after the Super Bowl. Call it reactionary, I get it, but I don't want a coach who chokes. That was the biggest choke job I have seen on such a large stage. Nothing worse than a coach who is meek when he has a lead. ........Well I guess there is, see our situation.

nicg4360 likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

Yes and if there was a learning curve for big mistakes Quinn has the IQ advantage imo

20. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

For everyone who is anti Bowles and has decided he will not be returning. Do you want Bowles and the Jets to tank for that esteemed top draft pick? If so why would you want to run him out of town if he accomplished exactly what you wanted. On the other hand what if he brings in a decent FA and goes 9-7...Do we still hate on Bowles for loosing that top pick but making progress? It seems like Bowles is in a lose lose situation that not alot of people are going to be happy with either way.