Woody, thanks for passing on Dan Quinn

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Jan 22, 2017.

1. jets12

jets12 Active Member

You panicked thinking someone would scoop up Boweles and did not want to wait a week.

You are a businessman did you ever think of having an off the record conversation and agreement?

Loser.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Unbelievable

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Lulzz at you thinking Dan Quinn would even come to the Jets over the Falcons

babyknight, iJet, Snoopdogg and 6 others like this.
  4. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

And we ended up with Bubba from Forrest Gump instead

I expect nothing from this team and yet I'm still disappointed

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

If the Patriots beat the Steelers, lets start a Belichick thread why don't we

Snoopdogg, Ozymandias and FJF like this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this was a better thread last week

abyzmul, 101GangGreen101 and Jets69 like this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Watching Arthur Blank on the podium after the game I couldn't help but think that Woody Johnson just would never belong up there, and will never get there anyway.

abyzmul, bmfc1 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

hey we are the Jests don't forget

Its OK to vent out loud..its frustration x6000 cause even if the Mighty Q was asked he could have turned this franchise down

Now that I think about it the owners tell a different story

Blank is a self made man who personally built the Home Depot and Woody a Band Aid empire spoiled brat

Who do you think knows what he's doing?

Brook!, Cman68, Walt White and 2 others like this.
  9. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Woody just wins OK? He's now in Trump's cabinet and he's a proven winner.

I'm just as angry we have Bowles instead of Quinn but we never will have the offense the Falcons possess

Brook! likes this.
  10. Viffer98

Viffer98 Member

Quinn takes Atlanta to the Super Bowl; Bowles takes the Jets to the Toilet Bowl...

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

You left out the Matt Ryan vs Geno Smith part.

If Quinn was offered the Atlanta job he was going to Atlanta.

12. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

The Falcons were about to offer Bowles the job; Bowles's second meeting with the Falcons was intially scheduled ahead of the Jets 2nd meeting with him. The Jets managed to convince Bowles to change his schedule... they would have probably gotten Quinn had they just been patient, especially since ATL looked as if they were content with Bowles. I'm not sure how much say he has in the draft room, but Atlanta has nailed their last two drafts.

13. Br4d

There were a lot of vacancies at that point in the process in 2015.

The Jets, Falcons, Broncos, Raiders, Bears, and 49ers were all looking for head coaches that January.

Quinn couldn't talk to anybody at that point because the Seahawks were still playing their season. Bowles was widely seen as one of the best options alongside Quinn.

The Bowles signing was because the Jets liked Bowles and because they had no guarantees that Quinn was going to pick them. They'd already had an interview with him, but were barred from making an offer until the Seahawks season ended. You have to think that if the Jets had a good feeling about Quinn they'd have waited for him to become fully available.

Quinn signed with the Falcons the day after the Super Bowl. He wasn't playing the field at that point, he knew where he was going and probably had for weeks.

abyzmul, hwismer and HardHitta like this.
  14. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I doubt Dan Quinn would have even considered coming here any way. The Jets are a talentless bottom feeder. WTF would he want to come here when he could have gone to the dirty birds and that prolific offense?

15. Br4d

Well he was picking between two 4-12 squads. One of them had a QB and the other had a lot of questions at the position.

I'm not sure there is a head coach anywhere in football who would choose the team without a QB over the team with one signed for years to come.

Edit: the Falcons went 6-10 in 2014 but they went 4-12 in 2013. They were out of the playoff rotation they'd established before that.

16. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

It helped that he went to a team with a pro offense already installed. Not a team that has thrown away resources on overrated defensive players, and coaches for that matter. As long as we hire defensive coaches who neglect the offense, and a GM who fails to successfully draft NFL caliber players we will continue to have a long road road of failure and disappointment.

17. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Taking it one step farther - Matt Ryan/Julio Jones vs Geno Smith/Eric Decker.

Quinn, what a fucking idiot!

Oh wait...

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

It doesnt matter if Quinn was our coach, then Bowles would be amazing. We always pick the wrong one. Everything we have turns to shit.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I understand the logic in signing Bowles because Woody was afraid - probably rightly - that Quinn wasn't going to accept his offer. Complaining that he didn't sign Quinn then is 20-20 hindsight.

But I do have two issues:

1. Bowles has shown he isn't ready - and may never be ready - so keeping him is simply throwing good money after bad.
    2. Quinn established a whole new culture, and that's beyond Xs and Os, and Bowles and Macc have simply continued the SOJ.

To me, this is the biggest problem facing the Jets, and has faced them for almost 50 years, and it's STILL not being addressed. There is no accountability; there is no commitment to winning; there is no IDENTITY! If Woody can't - or won't - see this and address it, he needs to sell the team to someone who can. Discussions of draft picks and FAs and OCs and DCs, and all that other stuff is just mental masturbation compared to the REAL problem.

alleycat9 and Brook! like this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Quinn is riding his offense's coattails, his one smart move was to hire Shanahan as OC. He also inherited a franchise QB in Matt Ryan. If you put Quinn here without Shanahan and Ryan, we'd still be the same losing team, and everyone would want to fire Quinn.