With the 3rd pick- who do we take?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Longsuffering88, Nov 25, 2018.

1. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Unless some teams sit there starters on week 15 and 16.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Each of the teams at the top, top of the bottom that is, has one game the last two weeks, that might see starters sitting on the other team. Each of those teams vying for that top draft pick also probably still lose even with the other team sitting starters.

3. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

I hope not.. I would be very happy with at least the 2nd or 3rd pick.

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm thinking I want us to snag Bosa or Ferrell. If we can't get one of those two guys I wouldn't mind trading down and snagging Allen or one of the OTs like Williams or Little. The three most important positions in football are QB, LT, and Edge rusher. Lucky for us we're gonna be in position to get a top edge.

5. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Little or Williams would be my pick as of now. If we could trade down and land one of them, that would be a home run

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Agreed, our OL badly needs a LT and there will likely be a few decent Edge guys in FA.

7. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Plus edge is the strength of this class. If we can trade down and re coup a 2nd, we’ll have quality edge guys on the board in round 2

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I hope we can get a Demarcus Lawrence in FA and get skill position talent on offense with a recouped 2nd.

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I kinda like what the Colts did with the 3rd pick trading ya last year. We could trade from 3rd to 6th and grab 3 2nds in the process.

stinkyB and jilozzo like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

WE can get a much better edge rusher than we already have, and potentially even a top edge rusher in FA. Drafting another and not drafting one of the top LTs would be criminal imo and a fireable offense. Drafting yet another defensive player instead of fixing the OL to protect Sam and help him thrive would be criminal.

IMO you need to forget about Bosa or Ferrell, and hope that the Jets draft an LT. You could very possibly be right that Mac would draft or will draft one of those two, but if so, I hope Mac gets fired, and we all better hope that Beacham's play can hold up one more year and that Bosa or Ferrell prove to be a stud.

If we're going for an edge rusher in the draft, however, I think I'd prefer Josh Allen. He's is as good against the run and dropping into coverage as he is rushing the passer.

#30 NCJetsfan, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    NYJFOREVER likes this.
  11. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

See I wouldn't argue about taking a LT or an edge. I wouldn't be mad if we traded down 2-3 picks and went with a tackle instead of Bosa, I'd be a little upset but I'd understand why. We're going to have a much better understanding of where we're going after FA. If we land someone like Clowney then we're not going to go edge.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yes and with the addition of rookie nelson their line is doing much better.

13. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Yeah man I had a man crush on Nelson. I think he will eventually be the best guard in the league.

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That would be ideal, but the QB class this year is not as strong and the need for potential Franchise QBs not as high in the top of the draft should lead to the pick returning less.

If by some ungodly reason Bosa falls to us you take him, other wise you listen to every offer on the table and try to trade down, knowing you may have to take less to move out this year.

15. JetLife5

JetLife5 Member

If Bosa and Ferrell are gone 1-2, start trading down slowly.

3 -> 6-8

6-8 -> 11-13

11-13 -> 16-17

16. NCJetsfan

I disagree regarding Bosa. Is he a great prospect? Definitely. Would he help the Jets? Undboubtedly, but it won't make much difference if Sam goes down for the year with an injury because we don't have a quality LT. The only way I'd be happy with Bosa and not Greg Little or Jonah Williams is if the Jets signed Donovan Smith and one of Cedric Ogbuehi, Seantrel Henderson or Cameron Fleming) in FA. Since the odds of their doing that are slim and none, I'd rather trade down a few spots, add a 2nd round pick and either a 3rd round pick or additional 2nd round pick next year, plus at least a 4th round pick, and then take one of Little or Williams with our 1st round pick, an edge rusher with the 2nd round pick, and then take a C, RB, and WR with our other high picks.

17. NCJetsfan

No. This isn't one of those dumb draft games or Madden. Parcells did that and missed out two HOF LTs, on all of the top players, and the resulting players he took were mostly trash.

Trading down once to the 5-8 area should be enough to give the Jets a 2nd round pick this year, an additional 3rd and 4th round pick this year, and either a 1st or 2nd round pick next year. There's no point in trying to get greedy, wind up with 10 additional picks but no difference makers or top quality players.

#37 NCJetsfan, Dec 1, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    CotcheryFan likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Oklahoma Wide Reciever Marquise Brown.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Arizona bearing GB. Guess is Rogers doing his best to get McCarthy out of town.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. This & giants winning looking good for jets draft positioning