With the 29th pick could we....

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by jasonjets, Apr 22, 2006.

1. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

With the 29th pick, could we possibly go for a WR? We could get the next Santana Moss...Sinorce Moss. I know it isn't our biggest need, but it is somewhat of a need. It would give Chad another talented guy to throw to and another huge playmaker. If we went with Williams at #4 and Sinorce at #29 we would get two big potential playmakers and stars on both sides of the ball. Our WR's just did not produce and I think with a burner like Moss on the other side of Coles, or even as a #3 WR, would give us another big and important element that any great passing attack has...the deep ball. We could still go for a good offensive lineman or linebacker with the #35 pick. Like Bobby Carpenter or Marcus McNeil. Mangold might even still be there at 35.

What do you think?

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

The only way I would go WR, was if Chad Jackson some how fell that far, which he wont.

3. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

We need to get an OL AND a LB with the 29 and 35 so I'll pass on Sinorice. Don't be surprised if he's gone before then anyway, he seems like a perfect fit in Chicago to me. He's also not as good as his brother and he's not as good as a route runner and has harder hands. He'd be an excellent PR guy, which we are lacking until Miller learns how to catch a punt, but would be an average slot receiver that would bring us a lot more frustration when he went on the fly then success.

4. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

We will get wr next year hopefully Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarret

5. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Not hopefully... cus then we'll have to suck and go through another 4-12 season to even have a chance. Love to have either in a trade up though... but I doubt it occurs.

6. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

I personally think Moss is overrated. If Holmes or Jackson falls you can make an argument that either would be BPA at #29.

7. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Moss would duplicate what we have already. We would be better served getting Maurice Stovall or Martin Nance in the third or fourth.

I think we should go with Maroney if he is available to give us an offensive spark similar to what a WR like Moss would do.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'd love to know what Sinorice has done in college ever to deserve being picked in round one. Santana was the 16th pick, and he was ridiculously productive, just as fast, if not faster, a better returner, and much more proven. Besides being fast and having a good last name, what has Sinorice done that shows he's more than just a punt returner? He seems like a prospect you take in round 2 or 3 and has some upside as a playmaker, but he's done nothing to deserve being a first rounder.