WIN, LOSE, OR DRAW...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FanSinceBIGShea, Oct 15, 2017.

1. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

No, the game is enjoyable because I'm watching a team building, improving, fighting, playing competitive football, you dope.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I'm not sure you know what you are watching. They were competitive for a quarter and a half and were then uncompetitive for the next quarter and a half.

3. FanSinceBIGShea

24-21 Pats with eight and change left in 4th quarter? Yeah, I'd have signed for that one too.

4. FanSinceBIGShea

That's the most ridiculous call perhaps in NFL history.

5. FanSinceBIGShea

Patriots 24

Jets 14

Officials 7

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No it isn't flawed reasoning and absurd calculating, but I'll tell you what is...your homerific comments. Does an NFL team absolutely need a 1st round QB to win a championship? No, but the odds are astronomical against their winning a championship without that 1st round QB. Unless he's a flat out bust, a first round QB gives a team a MUCH better chance of winning a championship.

Greensleeves likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

BWAHAHAHAHA Yeah, right. It's amazing how delusional some fans are.

8. FanSinceBIGShea

That just rips the heart right out of you, what a disgraceful call by whoever is the official with replay. A case of an official actually taking at least 6 points off the scoreboard for the Jets. Wow.

9. NCJetsfan

RIF. :rolleyes: SMH

10. FanSinceBIGShea

Really? So go back through the last 40 SB's and tell me how many of those QB's were 1st round picks. Go ahead, I'll wait for your response.

11. NCJetsfan

The game has changed dramatically in the last 10 years, so trying to compare 40 years ago with now is like trying to compare apples and oranges, but you already know that if you have half a brain.

12. FanSinceBIGShea

Marino:

3 years of 8-8

1 year 5-6

1 year 6-10

1 year 7-6

1 year 7-5

1 year 9-7

9-years in playoffs in a 17-year career.

Please, stop this bullshit that the Dolphins were a 'SB contender' each and every year he played.

13. FanSinceBIGShea

Hell of an effort by Gang Green today, a gutty performance, this, despite being absolutely fucked by the officials on the ASJ touchdown that was taken off the board. Proud of this football team, kudos to Bowles & staff for again having them ready to play once again today. McCown was a warrior today and once again squeezed everything he had out of the ability he possesses. The fun season after 6 games continues...

NY Jets68 likes this.
  14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

And were back to reality.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Jets get screwed by the officials in a Patriots game? Say it ain't so... Welcome back to Earth. The calls today weren't the only reason why the Jets lost. The ultra conservative stretch of 3 and outs didn't help. No pass rush either. We went conservative at the wrong time. The Patriots played "bend but don't break" defense and against a better team, would have lost today. Marginal teams and bad teams have one thing in common. They both get bad calls all the time.

#55 Cman68, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Rivers23

Rivers23 Active Member

Man oh man was I excited, I'm European and it was 10 pm here and I was cussing and yelling and people around me thought I was crazy but I thoroughly enjoyed myself watching the secondary break passes, receivers making something out of nothing, guys getting cramps because they're playing so hard their legs are giving out.... This was the penultimate football experience for me.

Walt White likes this.
  17. FanSinceBIGShea

Back to reality? People on this board said at least a week in advance that the Jets would get blown out. They played a subpar game overall today as compared to the way they played against Jax & Miami, no Powell, no pass rush, questionable play-calling at times, AND a TD taken off the board AND they were in this game right to the end, and they were beaten at the point of attack on both lines for most of the game. Are you kidding me? Biggie in Miami next week.

18. FanSinceBIGShea

I agree with many of your points brother, as I noted in another message, they played mediocre today and still went to the wire in this one. A building block sort of a game, they will learn from this game, be better for it as the team continues to improve.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I don't remember anyone saying the Jets would get blown out. Please provide some proof if possible. A lot of folks myself included, said the Jets would lose but be competitive which is exactly what happened.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. FanSinceBIGShea

There are messages on this board from some who said we would get bum-rushed today by the Pats, its there, look for it.