WIN, LOSE, OR DRAW...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FanSinceBIGShea, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Of course not, they were Super Bowl contenders every year he was on the team.

2. FanSinceBIGShea

FanSinceBIGShea Active Member

No, most assuredly they were not - not even close.

Most years they were playoff contenders, not SB contenders. Most years they were a very flawed and incomplete football team.

Stop it.

3. DefenseWinsChampionships

Why do certain fans act like you can't enjoy & get pumped up DURING the game?

Look. If you only care about the final score?

Then you just go and wake up on Monday morning and read the newspaper and you go and search for the box score numbers.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but throughout the entire week leading up to this game, fans such as myself, I've anticipated a young Jets team coming out to fight. And tied at 14-14 @ the half that they have; they've faught. And I've enjoyed watching them compete.

Some fans follow the season. The storyline. The journey. Others don't.

Tied 14-14 at the half. Yes. I'd love to be winning after a 14-0 head start but we're tied @ the half, vs. N.E; even after you naysaying nonbelievers predicted we'd be "destroyed" and "slaughtered like a pig" with post after post leading up to this game on how N.Y literally had zero chance to line up on Sunday.

I would love to win this game out right, but hey i put $100 on the Jets, at home on a -110 payout at our local sports game room. Took the 10 points too.

I so want the win more than the quick flip but i put a small gamble on a young team with a veteran QB at least competing and not getting embarrassed, destroyed, slaughtered while "rolling over and playing dead" like all you geniuses were telling us all.

This 2017 Jets team plays hard and that's more than any fan of the tank expected heading into the suck for Sam season. Now your little feelings and pride is hurt that your suck for college player Jets are better than you hoped for. Awww cry me a river and come back on draft night because these young gun Jets could give two fks about your favorite college player. I don't think coach Bowles, Maccagnan or Kevin Greene cares either. Not here in week 6 tied 14-14 @ the half vs. N.E they don't.

I pitty you, if you do.

Maybe UCLA, USC or Wyoming wins you a championship. Or maybe the Cleveland Browns win you a SB with all of their top 5 draft picks. Bahaha.

4. FanSinceBIGShea

In addition to the potential for someone not named Sam or Josh to turn out to be a terrific QB.

Look it, if Baker Mayfield or Luke Falk is there for the taking in the 3rd-4th round, I love the upside of both of those players. Even Northwestern's Clayton Thorson is going to be a very good player in the NFL IMO.

Stop with this bullshit that they need a #1 QB in the 1st round. Ridiculous.

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Not at all, SAME OLE JETS

6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

No the team sucks

We've just been on an easy schedule

Peace

7. Unhappyjetsfan

I hate to mention that, since Marino, the league completely changed the rules so you're not allowed to play pass defense anymore ... so this argument is stupid. But yes, they were Super Bowl contenders every year Marino was on the team. There was not a single season where Marino was on the team where it would have been a huge surprise if they made the Super Bowl.

8. Unhappyjetsfan

ATTENTION DOUFUS: Nobody expected the players not to play hard. Nobody expected the coaches not to try their best to win every game. We may have hoped they'd lose (and/or expected they'd lose), but nobody expected the players or the coaches to try not to win. Some of us did expect management would put the team in a position so that no matter how hard the players played, they still would have no opportunity to win (because this would be the quickest and most likely way to winning a championship in the future), but apparently it didn't. Which is both disappointing and not surprising ... it's the same mentality the team has had for its entire existence (a complete unwillingness to do what is necessary to win).

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. FanSinceBIGShea

Yes, so damn you Mike McCag, how dare you attempt to add players to the roster that will allow them to play competitive football!

10. Unhappyjetsfan

He could add anyone he wanted to the roster. All he had to do is mandate we play Hackenberg and the team would go 1-15 or 2-14.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This game still fun to watch?

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

We haven't had even a top 20 QB since Favre/Pennington

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. FanSinceBIGShea

Cannot speak for you, but yes, I'm very much enjoying this game.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

moral victories, we had a lead for a while

15. FanSinceBIGShea

Right. And you would see a locker room revolt from the rest of the team. Absurd.

I'm a player on the team playing another position, I'm practicing to be the best player I can be, I'm leaving my body out on the field every game, and I'm watching another QB less talented than McCown playing his position not giving our team the best chance to compete. Sure, I'll buy into that program, because after all, we might get Sam Darnold, and he MIGHT turn out to be a good QB.

Where do I sign up for that game plan?

#35 FanSinceBIGShea, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  16. FanSinceBIGShea

Nobody expected the Jets to win this game. 21-14 Pats after 3? Yeah, I would have signed up for that.

17. JetBlue

Context is as important as the score. You would have signed up for being up 14-0 only to give up the next 21? You have very low standards if you would have.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  18. FanSinceBIGShea

We're a rebuilding fucking football team playing against what is thought to be the class of the division for crying out loud. Holy shit! By the way, my 'expectations' are a little bit higher than some hoping for 1-15.

19. JetBlue

So the game is enjoyable because you expect them to lose regardless? Ok.

20. Unhappyjetsfan

Oh noes, the team of players lucky to be in the league might not play hard for the rest of the season? That sucks. It's also exactly what I would have hoped would happen, but I digress ...

[​IMG]

Don't worry, the NY Giants are the living embodiment of exactly what most of us are advocating. We don't have to guess how it would have turned out; we just have to watch them and see the results.