Will the Juice be set loose?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Yisman, Jul 20, 2017.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

4-0, only 4 people on the board, needed 3 of 4 so a lot harder than if there were 7.

2. The Waterboy

You'd like to think so but many times the parole board wants you to come in there and grovel. Even if you professed your innocence through trial and all of your incarceration they want you to come in and say you are sorry for what you did.

I am surprised he said some of the things he did and still had the board vote 4-0.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

yeah my bad, I think it's that there 7 parole board members over there and 4 of them were present to decide on release/no release at that hearing

4. The Waterboy

I know a few people on the news kept saying there were 7, but with the number of parole hearings and the number of prisons there they would need an awful lot of board members to get through all the hearings. I even thought 4 was high, NYS only uses 2 or 3 dependent upon the hearing.

I was wrong about one thing, it didn't have to be majority, if they split 2-2 it goes to the 15 parole commissioners to make the decision.

Edit: I was wrong again, I was thinking about Cali, forgot this was in Nevada, just read that normally there are 7 members but there were 4 present today and 4 are needed to grant parole. Since the 4 said yes they did not need to call on 2 others that were watching via closed circuit TV from another city. The 7th was just appointed to an open vacancy but not scheduled to start until after the hearing.

#24 The Waterboy, Jul 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  5. GordonGecko

Not for nothing but OJ isn't a completely free man. Parolees are under the boot of their parole officer for the balance of the prison sentence (24 more years for OJ, probably for life). If it's a vindictive PO he can knock on his door at 4 AM every single day and make him pee in a cup and blow into a breathalyzer. He can deny his requests to go to Applebees in the next county or forbid him to travel to a book signing. If he gets caught throwing a burger wrapper out his car window the PO can haul him back to jail if he really wanted to.

But OJ being OJ his PO will probably be at his BBQ parties and taking pictures with his kids

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Yep.

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Who's our running backs coach?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Better yet, OJ can run for this team.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

America does love its heroes. I'm sure Mike Vick will have something to contribute to this.

11. Cman68

Here's a question for the group. With science having progressed as far as it has over the last 20 odd years, would today's forensic science techniques have convicted OJ?

12. GordonGecko

moot point, since the jury was convinced of a reasonable doubt that the LAPD planted evidence

13. Cman68

I dunno.. Given that today's science could have placed OJ at the crime scene and most likely would have found traceable DNA on both bodies, I'm pretty sure any competent DA could have either convicted OJ without doubt OR verified OJ was never there. Back then, DNA was just coming into its own as a forensics tool as was a lot of new science that is a everyday tool now.

14. GordonGecko

There could have been a dozen more pieces of OJ's DNA there, and the entire jury would just assume every piece was put there by the LAPD

Yisman and CBG like this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Maybe, I always thought the oj verdict was the ultimate make up call for the Rodney king verdict though

Cman68 likes this.
  16. Cman68

Maybe jury makeup had something to do with both outcomes. Still has a lot of influence today over 20 years later.

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Of course it does and has and probably always will. It's why selection is so important at a trial.

Jonathan_Vilma and Cman68 like this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Christopher Darden's opinion on OJ's release: Hide yo kids, hide yo wife. He readily admits that he screwed up big time, but stands behind his conviction - heh - that OJ is guilty.

19. GordonGecko

Of course he commited the crime, but not really a mennace to society. He's a crazed jealous wife beater, probably subdued somewhat later in his life at 70. Probably won't stop a fame seeking whore from getting with him then showing up at a precinct all bruised up

20. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

did Ford make an Eddie Bauer Junior Seau line of Broncos?

FJF likes this.