Will Marshall Play Sunday?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsnation55, Sep 19, 2016.

?

Will Marshall Play Sunday

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    85.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. Jetsnation55

Jetsnation55 New Member

Do you guys think he's playing down his knee injury? Bowles seems hesitant but Marshall seems pretty good to go.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He finished the game after he got hurt and has 10 days to rest up. He should play

Vida likes this.
  3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

CAN HE PLAY?

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think he plays BUT, his leash will be fairly short. We have enough depth at Wr that the team doesn't have to risk losing Marshall down the road this season. BMarsh is enough of a pro to state whether he can go or not. If he can't, I think we'll see the debut of RA in Marshall's spot. It could be a Wally Pipp moment.. :)

NYJetsO12 and MenOverGod like this.
  5. stevejets38

stevejets38 Active Member

it doesn't matter if he plays or not, Fitzpatrick won the offensive player of the week award, anytime one of the jets players wins a player of the week award we always lose the next game, go look it up, bet k.c. heavy

#5 stevejets38, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

He'll play, even if he's mostly a decoy. Just having him on the field demands a dbl team, which puts Enunwa and Forte in 1/1 situations (usually against slower LBers).

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Today after Decker didn't practice as well. Bowles stated how both Decker & Marshall could be gametime decisions. But as of yesterday Decker said he's definitely playing.

K.C has a strong secondary, it'll be disappointing if both Marshall & Decker were to sit out.

The likes of Enunwa, Jalin, Anderson, Peake & Forte would really have to step up within the passing game.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I expect Decker at least. Well I hope so.

It's on the road that you need your veteran presence, on both sides of the ball.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

I have a feeling with both Marshall & Decker banged up we're going to run both of Forte & Powell relentlessly. I haven't heard too much talk about K.C's run defense but it's off to a slow start ranking 29th with 252 rushing yards allowed and 12th at 3.8 yards per pop.

This could be due to teams trying to avoid their secondary but nonetheless I wouldn't be surprised if we feature a strong rushing philosophy.

10. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

I'm more interested to see if their starting O-line will have two starters out honestly. That's huge, if one of Marshall or decker can't play we will be ok. But them having those two out with our front 7 oh man

11. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Both will play. It's still only Thursday anyway. Still time to heal up a bit.

Big conference game. They will be in there.

12. rikj99

rikj99 Member

Hands down, they both play. Little bit of a smokescreen I think.

13. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Marshall will probably be on a snap count. If we jump to an early lead I could see him being pulled from the game to avoid injury.

In my opinion Decker is fine. He has a sore shoulder, nothings strained, nothings broken. Dude will be ready to go.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He was effective last Thur after the injury and they didn't even bother with an MRI. This is Bowles just doing his best belichek and playing games with the chiefs. There's no doubt he will play n be effective.

15. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The forecast is for rain Sunday in KC. This could be a game where Forte / Powell take charge with the run game and Enunwa becomes the primary receiver with shorter routes. Marshall / Decker could be used as decoy's to spread the field and open up the middle for Enunwa. I'm sure they'll get there's too but I don't want to see Fitz forcing things to them in bad weather, that's a recipe for disaster.

16. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

When a player is "nursing" a bad knee. Does their route tree change? Like less routes with quick movement, like a curl or comeback?

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Most of the rain is in the am. The game is 325 local time.

18. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

Not too worried with the depth of the receiver corps.

NYGANGGREEN likes this.
  19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If we want to make the playoffs we need to win this one especially after losing to Cinci.Tiebreaker scenarios will be rough if we lose this...these are teams that are gonna be there at the end.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Normally I skip over your posts, but this one is valid. Cinci will be a WC contender, and we lost that game, I'm guessing KC will be another one in the conference.

I usually shit all over the must win posts, but this game is one if the Jets plan on getting their Amish Popgun into his first playoffs.