Will DeAngelo/Lendale/Maroney be around at 19

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dude, Feb 27, 2006.

1. The Dude

The Dude New Member

Will DeAngelo/Lendale/Maroney be around at 22

Hypothetically if the Jets traded JAbe to Denver and got the #22 pick as compensation do you th ink DeAngelo or Lendale would slip down there? I think there is an outside chance one slips, although if they were slipping other teams might look to trade up a few spots. Even if both were gone do you see us drafting Maroney, or do we look at BPA? I feel that if our plan is to draft a rb at all in this draft, draft one at 22 if one of these 3 are around. Any thoughts? Maybe Tye Hill of Clemson, Bobby Carpenter of OSU, or an O lineman if we go with Cutler early.

#1 The Dude, Feb 27, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

LenDale isn't going to make it past Green Bay at 5. DeAngelo will go soon after that. Don't know about Maroney...

3. lightning

lightning Active Member

I'd take any of those guys, but OT would be the better pick. BTW i'm not really a tye hill fan.

4. Pennythetowelboy

Pennythetowelboy New Member

Maroney has a chance but the rest are gonners.

5. smittyf350

smittyf350 Member

green bay is gonna sign green back. lendale might be a top 10 but not 5 i think maroney will be the only one available at 19. but if we did trade with denver then it would be for there later 1st rounder not the higher one.

6. The Dude

The Dude New Member

I definitely think Maroney will be around there and agree that there is probably a 99.9% chance the others are gone. Is Maroney the pick or do we go BPA. I watched Maroney first hand against a very good PSU D in Beaver Stadium and he did not impress me at all, although he was having an amazing season prior. I think he will do OK in the NFL, but LenDale/Deangelo are close to being in the same class as Bush.

7. The Dude

The Dude New Member

I think Abe is worth their earlier one because he's the best DE available this offseason, even with other teams knowing that the Jets want him gone, there is still some leverage as there are a few teams showing interest.

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

The Broncos have the 22nd pick from WAS, not the 19th.

9. The Dude

The Dude New Member

I looked at 2 mock drafts that showed the Broncos having the 19 pick

10. smittyf350

smittyf350 Member

well knowing the jets well trade abe for ramsey and like a 3rd rounder. i hope im wrong though

11. PinPointPenning10

Well, it depends on what teams above them do. Bush will likely go one, so after that between 2 and 22 the teams that need a RB or could possibly take one are the Jets, GB, 49ers, Cards, Browns, Ravens, Eagles (though not likely), Vikings. Out of those, I think the Cards, Ravens, and Vikings are the most likely to take a RB. Could Williams/White/Maroney go to those three teams, very possibly. If the Jets take a RB at 4 or trade down or up for one they obviously won't take one so they're out. I see GB and 49ers taking Hawk/Williams. The Browns have Droughns and Suggs and badly need a LB or DE, so they probably won't go RB. The Cards could go for Young if he is still there, so if he falls then so will one of the RBs.

12. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Just curious why you care who's around at #19?

13. The Dude

The Dude New Member

If Bradway was still GM we would probably trade down in the first round 10 picks for Jeb Putzier.

14. The Dude

The Dude New Member

Just a hypothetical scenario with the Broncos and Jets trading JAbe for the pick (if the Broncos do indeed own that pick number)

15. PinPointPenning10

I was thinking that too, Abe for 22nd pick, then going QB at 4 and RB at 22.

16. IneedJesus

IneedJesus New Member

The Broncos pick #22 & #29. Even if the Broncos are interested in Abraham I dont think they will trade for him. They are worse off cap wise then us and plus they would have to sign him to a long term deal.

But in a ideal trade if the Broncos would do it, we could only probably get their #29 pick and if we are lucky maybe a 2nd day pick as well. But that would be a pretty good deal because Indy picks at #30 and if Maroney is sitting on the board at 29 we could snag him up right in front of Indy.

#16 IneedJesus, Feb 27, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2006
  17. smittyf350

smittyf350 Member

denver has the 22 and 29 def not the 19th pick in the draft. so they might offer the 22 for abe. but who would be around that we need?

18. The Dude

The Dude New Member

We could even trade that pick, move down, and pick up a second/third rounder from the Colts who probably would love Moroney if he was available.

19. 1028

1028 Active Member

White and Williams? I dont even think Maroney will be available that late, sadly :sad: Im thinking best scenario might be QB this year and RB next year

Vernon Davis ran a 4.3 today :eek:hmy: Maybe we could fit him somewhere into our plans :beer:

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

who will be there that we need? there are more players in the draft than just the top 5 names that get thrown around.