Will Bowles Make it to the End of the Year?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Linebacker712, Sep 10, 2017.

?

Will Bowles make it if the Jets stay this bad?

1. No, he'll get canned before the end of the year

19 vote(s)
    31.1%
  2. Yes, he'll make it to the end of the year, then get fired

33 vote(s)
    54.1%
  3. Yes, AND he'll return next year

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Bowles has shown not just an inability to coach, but an inability to learn. The 2017 Jets are looking like they may end up being the worst team in decades...possibly worse than the 2008 Lions. If that happens, will Bowles get the axe by mid-season? Or will we still be calling for his head in January? OR, is this season going to get blamed on the team's lack of talent, and will Bowles get another year? Thoughts?

boozer32 likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Don't worry, in a few weeks it'll be obvious what to do with Bowles. The Jets will then do the exact opposite thing.

3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I believe he will, the offense is still new to these guys and they will get better as they get more repetition.

Once they can put some points on the board the defense will get some well deserved rest and they can play better.

I would like them to use Elijah McGuire a little more and ASJ coming back from suspension will be better for offense.

4. JulesWinfield89

JulesWinfield89 Active Member

No and nor should he. This team has so little talent and is so badly coached I think winning a game might be our ceiling. 2 wins would surprise me, 3 I'd be shocked and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went 0 for the season

SOJAZ and tomdeb like this.
  5. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Bowles only stays if his team plays hard, and he stops making rookie HC mistakes like wasting time outs, going for two at the wrong times, and punting when down by two scores with 4 minutes remaining.

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So Mac and Bowles should go?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

7. JulesWinfield89

The owner should resign along with them

8. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I always thought he would coach the entire season, then get axed. But it's becoming more and more common for teams to wanna start their search before the season ends. So he'll get fired a couple weeks before Black Monday (e.g. Rex before week 17 last year. But it won't be a dramatic midseason firing.

NYJ79 likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i think he stays for the season and then the whole regime is gone

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Woody signed off on this rebuilding and I fully expect Bowles knows he's safe... I think Woody sees this as a process and he's going to let Mac & Bowles have a go at it.

JetLifeLo and zace like this.
  11. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Winner

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

FlaJet likes this.
  12. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

I could see that happening, but yeah, firing him at the bye and throwing some interim coach into the fire won't accomplish anything. This isn't some half decent team that's a good HC away from competing for a WC; there's a complete lack of talent on the roster. And that's the other problem, the roster is so terrible that it's just as likely that Mac will get the blame and it'll be a clean sweep.

13. JulesWinfield89

Until Woody dies or sells the team nothing will change I don't care if we get darnold or Rosen or Joe Namath

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

There should really only be two options here. Woody has already said he doesn't believe in firing coaches before the season is over. He lets the season go on and then evaluate coaches at the end. He constantly repeated that when Rex was on the hot seat and I don't expect that to change even with Christopher at the helm.

15. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Coach Benjamin Buford Blue needs to be fired yesterday

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Let him coach the entire year and there can be no argument of his deserving to be fired.

17. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

There's really no reason to not let him see the year though. This team has zero expectations and as long as he keeps the team from being an embarrassment I think he'll make it to the end.

That said, if we draft a QB round 1 it would be senseless not to hire a coach that has a history of developing QB's.

boozer32 likes this.
  18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

He really shouldn't make it till next week. Then this lying scumbag named Hack # 2 for the game. He is such a spineless waste. The guy couldn't handle the locker room, he couldn't handle veterans, can't game manage, can't in game adjust. Exactly what did they see in this guy to hire him? How did that 10 straight years of top end defense drafting do today? I looked at the offensive stats and the OL made zero holes

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I voted that he won't make it through the season, but that's really wishful thinking on my part and I admit it. Firing him NOW is what should happen because he's shown clearly that he doesn't know how to manage a game, and never will. The only "upside" is that he's a core component of the "tank" strategy.

boozer32 likes this.
  20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Watching Ben Macadoo in the Giants post game presser after their pathetic performance, and THIS is what a head coach sounds like. Forcefull ... disgusted ... nasty. Todd Bowles is a sham. We've been robbed.

That said ... I'm a big fan of this new girl hosting the post game show. Well done Giants.

#20 truthbtold, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017